for Fever Dreams

1/7/2021 c17 AnneNGil
Ooh... I'm liking this side story of Marilla and another Gilbert. And pears. ;-)
1/7/2021 c16 AnneNGil
Anne left?! I really can't puzzle out what is going to happen with this story. Christine is obnoxious. Really. I don't like her. Love Mrs Blythe for telling Christine what is what.
1/7/2021 c15 AnneNGil
What?! Roy and Christine!? What a twist.
1/7/2021 c14 AnneNGil
They really just like to share a bed together. :-)
1/6/2021 c13 AnneNGil
Aw... Interesting back story.
1/6/2021 c12 AnneNGil
Oh boy!
1/6/2021 c11 AnneNGil
I'm enjoying this read. Heaven knows after the stressful day today (I live in the Washington DC area), I definitely need something relaxing to read.! So thank you for your writings!

But I'm having a hard time following everything. Mrs Blythe hurt her ankle/foot, is in bed, then out and then in? Up and down the stairs over and over. And the light in the window, is it morning, day? But then you said the nurse will be back in the morning, so maybe it is night? And then that part at the end. I don't understand. She kissed Gil? Or fainted? Or both? I'm going to read the next chapter looking for clues.
1/6/2021 c10 AnneNGil
Another enjoyable chapter. That Christine!
1/6/2021 c7 AnneNGil
Your people are always so real.

Some lines in particular...
"what sort of mother relishes the warm trickle oozing between her thighs one minute, and worries that she did not show Anne where the invalid's cup was kept in the next". - - Um... TMI, but that''s totally me. Lol! And I imagine any mom with children at home.

"tending the geese and the sourdough"...lol! Love it!
1/5/2021 c4 AnneNGil
Davy really makes me laugh. You really did a great job writting him. And you really do a great job writting all of the characters :-)
1/4/2021 c1 AnneNGil
This looks like a gem I've stumbled across!
9/24/2020 c22 Guest
This is such a lovely treat in this very weird time of lockdown and uncertainty it’s been my comfort blanket to read stories of Anne and Gilbert I just love those two and your writing o them is so perfect please write another story for us Anne girls soon x
9/24/2020 c22 Guest
This was a beautiful end to a beautiful story. Anne studying to be a nurse is great and she's wearing the pearl ring around her neck! I love gil looking for it too. Thank you for writing this your my fav writer and I hope you will write more for us soon. x
9/22/2020 c22 7Formerly known as J
The only thing I love more than Anne stealing into Gilbert's window in the middle of the night is Anne waking up next to Gilbert the next morning. Who doesn't love a chapter opening like that, I ask you kwaky? But what I loved most about that little opening scene was Gilbert leaping from the bed, ready to speak to Marilla even though it's five in the morning. There was something about him tucking his nightshirt into his trousers, checking his face in the mirror and rubbing at his teeth that just made me love him even more. The way you write that boy is adorable. Although I must say he's feeling much more manly in this story, and I like it. :)

Then when he finally does arrive at Green Gables, with his family in tow wearing those shiny shoes and mangling his cap, I loved him even more. It was perfect that everyone in Green Gables was there to witness him asking for Anne's hand, and I adored all their reactions.

That epilogue was the perfect way to tie up all those loose ends. If there's a feature of your writing that I love more than your chapter openings, it's your talent for a satisfying and perfect ending to a story. This is one of your best ever (although I still think your BA ending is my all time fave. Or is it the end of RD4? Hmmm), and that Ronald Stuart already has his eye on Anne is absolute gold. The best part was the little tidbit Anne had picked up in class about fever patients still being aware of what's going on around them. No wonder Gilbert's 'mountain peak' in the south was woken from its dormant state so often when he was ill and Anne was bathing him and listening to his groin! Oooh err, I loved it.

Thank you for writing this gorgeous story, kwaks. When the world is in such chaos, it's been lovely to read a little romantic escapism, and linger in Anne and Gilbert's fever dreams as a welcome respite from the craziness. It's been such a lovely treat to read one of your new stories again, 'live' so to speak. There's nothing that quite matches the thrill of a new chapter update from katherine-with-a-k in my inbox, even after all these years. Of course, I still hope YOU might continue with a sequel to this story, but I also understand if you have new and exciting other story adventures to write about. Whatever you choose, you know I'll be right here reading whatever you write, and lapping up every beautiful word.

Fave line: "I said I would walk you home and I meant it." Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! So hot.
9/22/2020 c22 Immery
I don't remember if I commented before, but I loved this fic very much. It was really interesting to read, has a great plot, great "words", good characters, including Mr& Mrs Blythe who I loved. And great Anne.

I liked your ending even if Anne studying to be a nurse isn't the most believable. But I want a sequel , even if I get why you don't.
378 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »