FanFiction.Net
for Fever Dreams

8/19/2020 c18 PelirrojaBiu
This is pure gold. I spat my coffee at Roy’s “I seem to have found myself engaged to her.” Oh Gilbert... To Green Gables, off you go!
8/17/2020 c1 Guest
Love this story can't wait for the next update!
8/14/2020 c18 Guest
I love the twists and turns of this Roy is such a coward sometimes I wonder how Anne could have put up with him for so long you really have a way of bringing these characters out
Love this story it’s brilliant
8/9/2020 c18 2untertasse
I am enjoying this story so much! It is the highlight of my day anytime I see you've updated!
Such a great slow burn of hurt, mistakes, and, (hopefully!) redemption!
Can't wait till next time!
8/8/2020 c18 Guest
If Anne is gone from Green Gables by the time Gil reaches her door, I'll be the one with the broken heart.
8/7/2020 c18 Guest
This is getting so exciting! I wish gil had punched Roy that would have been great! Lol. I can’t wait to read what happens next
8/6/2020 c18 Denie1943
Perhaps it's time for Gil to grow a pair and go fess up to his one and only. Thanks for the update...Stay well!
8/6/2020 c18 GreenGabledGirl
Ugh, I wanted to throw a bucket of cold spring water over those man-boy heads of Royal AND Gilbert! They both behaved like cowards regarding their feelings toward Anne. Of course, I'm relieved Roy is leaving PEI, but Gilbert needs to get over his wounded pride and tell her how he feels.

Love the references to the pear trees, Anne’s hair and ribbon, and the warm, womanly wind.

I think we'd all be polygamists if we had to marry those men who have kissed us! ;-)
8/6/2020 c18 5OriginalMcFishie
Nicely done. I wondered how this was going to move forward and you've done it in a way bound to create confusion. I like the comparison between the city boy an country boy. Both gentlemen in their own way, both full of honour but one applies it coldly and for how it looks to others, the other die it from a place of caring and genuine respect. Poor Gil tasked with telling Anne this latest news. Looking forward to how that goes!
8/6/2020 c17 PelirrojaBiu
A Marilla backstory we didn’t know we needed! Beautiful and heartbreaking. Which cannot be said about Roy’s cookie cutter letter! Anne, don’t fall for that!
8/5/2020 c18 Guest
Yes Gilbert obey the wind and go to your girl! If Roy didn't propose to Anne for nearly two years does that mean he never even kissed her on the cheek that whole time? Poor Anne. The solution to this is clearly Gilbert kissing her the way she deserves to be kissed, nice and thorough. ;)
Ugh Roy is such a coward, writing Anne that letter then refusing to meet her in person. Also he's totally condescending - according to him Gilbert is rustic (and don't we all love our strapping country boy!) Yet Gil was the one who graduated top of his class and won a prestigious scholarship. I don't see any of Roy's so called gentleman doing that. As usual can't wait for the next chapter!
8/5/2020 c18 7wishwars
Yes, don’t fight it Gilbert! Ugh, Roy is such a coward! Good riddance
8/5/2020 c18 YodaChick
I think anne will be glad. I can't see her marrying all because she's lonely
8/5/2020 c18 7Formerly known as J
Your chapter openings, kwaks! How I loved that picture of Gilbert sitting on the swing seat, with his ponderings and swellings. But then, what unexpected turn is this? Royal Gardner turning up on horseback to discuss honour and women with Gilbert Blythe! What I loved most was how this little pairing showed how very different these two men are, and why ONE of them is just right for our girl and the other quite clearly is NOT.

Fancy Roy and Christine both thinking that an innocent embrace or a peck on the cheek means some sort of obligation to protect the woman's reputation. I especially loved Gilbert in contrast thinking of how he'd slept with Anne and no such thoughts had occurred to either of them! Yet, despite all his talk of honour, Roy is still not willing to tell her himself - to preserve Anne's feelings. What a guy! lol.

You know I love angry Gilbert, with his great brown fists dangling at his sides. This chapter also got me hot thinking about his returning strength. Rrrrrrrr! I particularly enjoyed Roy hoping that the Island boy might be slightly less robust than he was. Plus Roy's thoughts on shrugging. Common and impolite. Hahaha. I loved it!

I'm loving Gilbert being encouraged by Anne's ribbon and fragrant gusts of wind to go to Green Gables and do Roy's dirty work for him. Also, that he's afraid to comfort her and worried that Anne will see his true feelings. You KNOW it's what we all want! Argh! Hurry, Gilbert, hurry!

Fave line: Gilbert snapping that branch in his hand when he was talking to Roy. It reminded me of Anne reaching for that branch when she saw Pacifique. So good! I also enjoyed him reeling and grasping at the branch laden with pears. ;)

Second fave: Any man worthy of Anne would have demanded pistols at dawn. So very Averil's Atonement! So very kwak! :)
8/5/2020 c18 2caprubia
Oooh, what a cliff hanger! Christine and Roy deserve each other.
378 « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »