FanFiction.Net
for What Didn't Happen En Route

9/14/2023 c1 11Dearlady2002
Such a naughty little thing! Bud seriously, how cute would that be if it weren't for the repercussions for Din? I think she made the right decision.
4/17/2022 c1 Guest
I am honesty in love with this fic
10/13/2021 c1 First Dragon
Awww, this! Melted! My! Heart! :-)
And I swear, I never saw his face either... ;-)
2/12/2021 c1 59Kaliesto
Cute! One where she catches Din playing peekaboo with the baby (helmet on, of course) would be an adorable sequel to this story!
12/20/2020 c1 M
This was amazing so well in character i was sad to se there was no other chapter. This IS so good
12/17/2020 c1 Guest
Wow. I loved this fanfic. I could totally see something like this happening! I love how you showed how Baby Yoda is curious in his own innocent way. I also loved how you had Cara decide to keep it a secret from Din. She knows that if he knew it would crush him. And she doesn't want that because she is such a good friend. Overall this was a sweet fanfic and a part of me really wishes it were cannon.
12/12/2020 c1 7CloneWars7567
Oh man, this was Kriffing adorable- And also, after the episode last night, I’m okay with him having one of his friends seeing his face. (CONVINCING MYSELF SO HARD RIGHT NOW.)
Super amazing job!
-Kara
10/20/2020 c1 2k+Hawki
-“…and made it two galaxies over…”

Um, as far as I’m aware, Star Wars is more or less confined to a single galaxy.

-Apart from that, can’t really criticize anything. Like, there’s a few things that are oddly capitalized (e.g. “Child” and “Tribe,”), but it doesn’t really drag the story down. Pacing is good, and it manages to be fluffy without being obnoxiously so. So good job.
6/29/2020 c1 Guest
For a bit, I thought there was something sinister going on, like someone was controlling the baby.

All in all, cute little snapshot. Liked Cara's impression of Din. Feel bad for him though, but I guess what he doesn't know can't hurt him!
6/29/2020 c1 Boggy
I need this to be canon...like YESTERDAY. "Missing scene" stories are literally my fave and everything about this is GOLD. The characters and setting/circumstance are so in sync with their portrayals in the show. (Believability is BIG with me.) I can absolutely see Cara catching a glimpse of Din's face—by accident—and then shrugging it off like, "Eh, didn't happen." xDD (Although Din himself does explain that revealing his face would mean permanent removal/banishment from the tribe and his inability to ever take up the helmet again. But that's neither here nor there with regards to your fic.)

By the way, THANK YOU for not writing/describing Din as "old." I swear, the stories I've read that try and paint Djarin as this over-the-hill, eye-wrinkled codger with cricks in his knees—it's absurd. I like that you play up the actor's ACTUAL FEATURES—that Pedro is in fact very boyish in his expressions/mannerisms and that he is NOT, in fact, a super huge guy. (In reality, Djarin is probably the most "normal" and "unassuming" Star Wars "hero" to date.) Very well done.

And one more thing. I wanted to reply to the INCREDIBLY NICE feedback you left for my "Lost Stories" fic, but couldn't. So I'm hijacking some review space to say "thanks" and that yes, I do plan on continuing, if ever I can work my way back to that particular project. (I got sidetracked by a host of OTHER Mandalorian fic [posted elsewhere], and am presently sitting on THREE PROMPT REQUESTS I've promised to churn out in the coming weeks. PLEASE HELP THIS FANDOM HAS LITERALLY TAKEN OVER MY FICSPACE.)

Once again, amazing fic. I have several buddies who go GAGA over Din and The Child fluff, so they'll be beyond thrilled when I share this story with them. Peace out.
6/9/2020 c1 2MeetMeInTheWoods
This is an adorable story, and I love the concept of exploring more of Baby Yoda's psyche and what happens between him and Mando during lulls in the action; as we don't see much of those moments in the show. Of course he'd want to see the face of his caretaker, likely the closest thing he has to a father. I had actually wondered whether Baby Yoda realized that Mando had a face under the helmet, since he'd never seen him take it off - or if he simply thought the *helmet* was the face. In your story, I wonder if Baby Yoda (either intentionally or unintentionally) was also exercising some form of Jedi mind control to ensure that Mando remained asleep...

Really fun piece. Thanks for sharing it with us!
5/15/2020 c1 ponytail
Haha, that was a fun scene! Thank you for sharing your talent.
5/4/2020 c1 4shewritesit18
I hope you know how incredibly adorable this is... I didn’t know how much I actually needed to read it until now. No pressure, or anything, but I would love love love to read more! :)
5/3/2020 c1 7TheLastRider
Cute. Cute cute cute. Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.

I don't think Cara would have been so concerned about the potential slight on Mando's honor; I think that she would automatically have pretended it never happened. But, I love this little story so much. Baby Yoda. On point. Adorable. Wowza.

Man-do.
4/28/2020 c1 Guest
Oh. My. GOSH. That was the cutest thing I've read in centuries. And entirely true to what we know of the characters so far, I'd think.

Oh gosh. I need more of this now. MORE. mooorreeee