for Stranger Things Have Happened When?

1/30 c2 36Abracadebra
This is very, very funny, with lots of understated humor (Hogan skipping the handshake) to several laugh-out-loud scenes (Herman spinning LeBeau around.) A pet peeve: You do not have to try to write German pronunciation - the "zen" and "zis" and "vould" gets very distracting. Your readers can hear what Hochstetter sounds like, and we don't have to wonder why he has an accent and Klink doesnt.
1/30 c1 Abracadebra
Newkirk's reply to Hogan's "suggestion" that he should greet the visitors made me laugh.
1/4 c6 74snooky-9093
"We just wanted to let you know we made it to London safe and sound, although it was rather difficult convincing the fellows on the submarine we were on their side."

"Did they mistake you for Krauts?"

"No, they mistook us for corpses and tried to give us a burial at sea."

hahahaha! Ah, what's those pills Carter found?

This was very entertaining. thank you for sharing.
1/4 c3 snooky-9093
. "But Herman, for you, there's one consolation. You can go through the rest of your life knowing that there's someone in the world who's more stupid than you!" oh, that’s mean. Poor Carter. He’d be sulking after this comment, I think.
Grandpa’s hanging from the rafters! Yup. And Herman is too curious and heads up the ladder. I’m curious as to how they didn’t know they were in a POW camp. You can see the searchlights from the tree stump, I believe. And normally, aren’t new arrivals made aware of what’s what? Including not climbing up the ladder?

Yes, I can see that this time, Schultz has to report what he’s seen. A monster is worse than a woman.
Nice work (and dialogue) in the last scene.
1/4 c2 snooky-9093
Well, I certainly remember The Munsters, so I had ot read this. I’d be happy to go to more fictional names-and get rid of the fairy tales!
Newkirk climbed, or rather fell, down the ladder at record pace. With trembling hands and a face whiter than Klink's bedsheets, he struggled to his feet. Hahaha! This makes me recall scenes in both the Munsters and The Addams family-guest stars running pell mell away from the houses.
I’m a bit shocked at how calm Hogan is. As if he witnesses this every day.
I’m wondering why they didn’t know the characters-given the movies/literature of the era. (actually the literature is a lot older)
"I think sneaking this pair out of camp is going to be a lot harder than it was getting them in," Hogan replied. For sure!
Of course Hochstetter would show up. Just to make things interesting. I’m not sure you needed to change his dialogue so he sounds German. Sometimes I find too much of that to be distracting.
Nice job conveying Herman’s size in chapter 2.
8/29/2020 c6 178Susan M. M
"Did they mistake you for Krauts?"
"No, they mistook us for corpses and tried to give us a burial at sea." Brilliant bit of dialogue!

And the bottle of Hitler at the end. The best thing Carter could do is throw it into the fire.
8/29/2020 c3 Susan M. M
Haven't seen The Munsters in years, but the characterization matches my childhood memories.
8/29/2020 c2 Susan M. M
Grandpa and Herman seem in character. I hadn't thought either one served in WWII, although Grandpa, at least certainly would have been old enough. But if he's Grandpa in the early Forties, than Marilyn and Eddie are older than I thought.
8/28/2020 c1 234gunman
While I've read the whole story, and I liked it, I have to wonder what would happen if they had met the rest of the Munster family.
A Frankenstein, two vampires, a werewolf and a blond bombshell.
To say nothing of their extended family.
Then again, maybe I'm wishing for a Creature Commando-type story here, monsters vs Nazis.
Great read. Very entertaining.
Write on.
8/1/2020 c6 5booey875
This story is conveyed so clearly I can see it in my head. And since both shows were very brief contemporaries of each other on CBS in '65 and '66, this easily could have been a combined episode if they had sweeps month episode crossovers back in the day.

Your Hogan's Heroes characterizations are spot on. I particularly enjoyed Hogan's "Another day, another dollar" nonchalance in getting them in and out of camp. And although it's been a few years since I saw episodes or clips of Munsters, I remember enough to know that your Herman and Grandpa characters are on point here. You conveyed Herman's huge size - and the squeezing in things issues he has - very well.

I did wonder why the Heroes did not recognize either character since both Count Dracula and Frankenstein's monster would have existed in literature prior to WW2.

My only nitpick is that the story could use some more proofrerading: Schultz is spelled the way I spelled it here, with a "C".

Overall, this is great debut in the HH fandom and I hope we see more from you!