FanFiction.Net
for No Such Thing as a Free Lunch

2/20 c2 1Lilthug
Decided to give this a read and I'm liking it so far. The premise is very interesting and I'd love to see how you develop things from here. A LOT of events are effected of team 7 never graduates and now Sakura has given up all together. This will definitely cause some kind of butterfly effect.

I get not being able to write two stories at the same time. I follow someone who manages like over ten somehow. I guess he's just built different lol. I'll be looking forward to when you pick this story up again!
1/17 c2 mickeysofine
I don't think you should make this an equally failed each other thing between Naruto and Sasuke.

Sasuke should be able to think whatever he wants about Naruto as long as he displays teamwork. I feel like it was hypocritical of Kakashi to lecture at Sasuke for acting like Naruto is useless when he called him dead last at the start of the test.
1/17 c1 mickeysofine
Ninety-percent of the time, he responds to people with sounds. Yes, sounds! Whether it be a grunt or a 'hn.' God, how Naruto despised the 'hn.' It was so demeaning.

Sasuke never says "hn" in canon.
10/8/2020 c1 2Everpeach
This is fucking good. Can't wait to see more form it as you already make some of the best Naruto fics.
9/26/2020 c2 4ShatteredDragon
Please come back and continue this!
9/13/2020 c2 8Blu3b3rryT3a
This is a good premise!
If you ever get back to it I would enjoy reading more. Especially how they may or may not convince Sakura to become a shinobi. That'll be interesting~!
Best of luck out there!
9/3/2020 c2 Drakolf
I like this. I like it a lot. I really want to see where this leads.
8/17/2020 c2 1copet
Interesting story. I thought it was a two-shot, but I can see why it has potential. Though I am intrigued by what this time into the academy will do to their potential, since they will lack some experience the had (for example the chunnin exams and Wave Country). Hope to see much more from this story, good day!
6/27/2020 c2 Passive Person
Great chapter and well done.

So does this mean that Sakura won't appear again and is replaced by a random OC? Or not? I am ok with either.

Also I have an idea for you to be able to manage ABoaL and NSTaaFL. So anytime you are having a writer's block writing the former, write the later to help you distract things. That way you won't be forced into abandoning this, and it will help you cool things of when you are writing the other fic and can figure it out.

So that's about it.
6/27/2020 c2 ThelittleKing
The conversation between Sasuke and Naruto is exactly like I'd imagined it would be if they had actually talked to each other for real in canon. Quite emotional, definitely looking forward to their future friendship. Usually stories in which they are friends immediately by meeting once in their childhood are quite shallow and don't really go into depth as to why they are actually friends. Seeing them grow closer slowly is great. Looking forward to the next update, if you do decide to continue it
6/26/2020 c2 4Zabzab
I mean, it's so obvious when you stop to think about it.

"Hokage-sama, I have an absolutely brilliant idea."

"Oh? Do tell."

"Okay, the concept is revolutionary so hang in there. What if, just what if, instead of expecting 12 y.o kids to magically infer the notion of teamwork by themselves, we enforced it in the Military Academy? The place where, you know, our shinobi are supposed to receive their base education."

"Indeed, that is brilliant."
6/26/2020 c2 maTOci
i know it's a fictional characters , but come on , they're kids with trust problems due to how they grew up and they are expected to show teamwork?! i think the bell test as a concept is really messed up
6/26/2020 c1 Zabzab
Oh no, Naruto, the kid who did everything by himself for his entire life... Tried to do everything by himself. I wonder why.

Oh no (bis), Sasuke, the class genius who had no one to enforce humility... Acted arrogant. I wonder why.

On no (ter), a twelve-year-old girl couldn't improvise herself a psychiatrist and a mediator to a very complicated situation. I wonder why.

I know these are not "team behaviour" but this also reads as "failing to look underneath the underneath 101" on Kakashi's part. The dude has such an ideal view of teamwork that he can't even accept that it's ALSO something that needs to be TAUGHT. Something that isn't taught in the Academy in the first place, because he himself had to learn the hard way. Way to be an asshole, Kakashi.

Kudos for making me dislike Kakashi greatly, I suppose. _

Best writing to you,
6/18/2020 c1 Guest
This is a really good start. Please continue. I want to see how the trio change, as well as if Kakashi's words effected Iruka's teaching style. Teamwork didn't seem to be a real part of the curriculum at the academy in the series, yet it was a big part of Konoha's basic shinobi formations. How will the villagers react to having their 'precious' Uchiha fail? Will Naruto actually get some proper training this time at the academy? I have so many questions that need answers! I do agree with Kakashi's reasoning in failing them, though.
5/21/2020 c1 Aloly
Dude this is a sick concept, please keep going I saw your post on reddit and came to check it out. This is seriously good I think with Naruto developing in the way you seem to want him to go is really fresh and I haven't seen much too similar so this is refreshing
31 Page 1 .. Last Next »