for It's Not Just A Stick: A Wand Crafter's Story

5/6/2021 c14 Kai
*rofl* Komodo dragons instead of peacocks! Yeah, they're definitely an upgrade in impressiveness. And in costs, although that's probably not overly important to a Malfoy. If you need to think if you can afford them you can't. And they don't call out that much...
5/6/2021 c11 Kai
Did I mention that Luna is my most favourite character? I'm looking forward to see her in the story and have Harry and probably Hermione and Neville as protectors.
5/6/2021 c10 Kai
They won't get Albus' approval. It's not traditional. Furthermore Albus is the sole owner of the writing quill manufacture and major owner of the parchment import company. And day-glow orange robes with purple dancing flamingos are expensive! He won't give up that income just for shits and giggles.

Well, perhaps not, but I wouldn't be surprised...
5/6/2021 c6 Kai
It would've even more intelligent to give the owl cage a miss completely, but it's the very first story I read where Harry doesn't constantly lug a heavy empty cage around needlessly. Kudos! (Or even worse: the large owl in a cage only a couple centimetres larger than the owl itself, which is extreme cruelty to that bird. Just like in canon. And there it eventually led to her death.)

Honeydukes Express? *lol* That's one way to call her. It's usually the trolley witch. Or is that from the Cursed Child? I haven't read that but I think there was something about the trolley witch... Hm, forgot. Can't have been important.
5/6/2021 c4 Kai
Your calendar is just as strange as Rowling's. She has every school year start on Sunday the first of September. You have the Saturday where Marge leaves in the morning, Hagrid comes, they go shopping and home again with the pretty owl. The next day is a Saturday where the menfolk have time to accompany wives and children. I personally thought that after Saturday a Sunday would be more probable, but what do I know? ;-) However if it was just a typing error because of a brief lack of concentration: Sunday should work as well, as most office type employees and own-practice-doctors don't have to be at work. In my country it wouldn't work because with few exceptions shops are generally closed on Sundays, there would be nowhere to shop.
5/4/2021 c20 DraaIzilUss
I almost wonder if even though the story is marked as complete you can put an epilogue chapter to answer the last few plot points. such as Serius meeting Harry or other possible items.
4/24/2021 c20 tammgrogan
Hello, This was a truly AWESOME story. hope that you will continue writing this throughout all 7 years and perhaps beyond. Please don't just walk away from this story. As so many people has before you have done. Until your next update, take care and stay Happy, Healthy and Strong.
4/23/2021 c20 mumphie
I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Thanks. I hope when I go to see your story list I will find part 2! So many times I don't. I'd like to see when Harry meets Luna and gives her the wand he made. I'd like to know how the Unspeakables gather the Horcruxes, if Lucius is bendable towards the muggle world (after all, THINK of the luxuries he could have like fine wine, elegant Brandy, and Swiss chocolate! Also, a lot of money to be made), if Dumbles escapes, what Harry does with that staff he found, and oh so much more!
4/22/2021 c6 mumphie
I bet you got a lot of comments on - Honeydukes Express! The thing is, and I'm putting this down to being late at night, that as I read that I didn't even notice at first. Then an inkling hit me as I pictured Dukes of Hazzard for some unknown reason. As that didn't match up at all with HP, I realized that there was something definitely wrong...then I couldn't remember what the real name was. Oh, embarrassment! Finally it popped in. Yes, it's very late and I should turn off the light. Hhmmm, that works with books, but not my laptop. Sigh.
4/22/2021 c1 mumphie
Great beginning!
4/6/2021 c20 61Stormshadow13
Love it. Amazing story. How could i have missed it.
3/23/2021 c18 bookivore
At some point you had Hermione say that all that the other kids needed to do to be smart was crack open some books. I think it was a joke but in any case that isn’t smart, best case it’s knowledgeable and worst case you could get a person lost down a rabbit hole of bad information. Rotten propaganda showed up before the internet it probably has been spread in every form of communication.
3/17/2021 c20 mark.press.9
i think hermione got to much of the staring role for a harry potter story and wand making isnt realy a good adventure base to start from, but having said all that it was an enjoyable read that was well writton so i thank you for your time and imagination and wish you good luck in any future endeavors
3/5/2021 c14 hdres
This was a fun chapter
3/5/2021 c13 hdres
I like how you arranged for Harry to be able to do magic at home. Also great to see Draco et al enjoying the muggle world. There are a couple of non British points in the chapter but it doesn’t spoil the overall flow of the story. Thank you for sharing your story
821 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »