for It's Not Just A Stick: A Wand Crafter's Story

5/5/2020 c1 2JannaKalderash
Oh, this is a very nice idea. It really flows.
5/5/2020 c1 OnceUponABlueMoonDream
I like that Harry gets along with his family in this. I also like that the Granger family has been introduced to them and become friends this early. They can support each other through dealing with the magical world and Harry and Hermione have a friend they can share this with. But I do wonder how Miss Honeybloom is getting away with teaching magical subjects by their actual magical names and making wands without the ministry coming after her over the statute of secrecy. They aren't going to care that she's calling it world history or cultural anthropology, it's still a major violation and they would arrest her and punish her as hard as they can since she's teaching an entire class of muggles and even had a board of examiners called in. From the primary school side of things, that sounds more like medieval history than world history. As a parent I wouldn't be complaining about "blasphemy", but rather my child being taught this instead of the actual world history information required for testing in their grade level. If I was told it was part of an art class or creative writing class project I'd be less upset. That said, it just seems strange to have the teacher giving out all this secret information to the entire class but then is concerned about Harry telling Hermione about being magical and even tells him about the law she's already breaking. At that age, after she's got them making potions and wands, half those kids are going to pretend they can really do magic and go around waving those wands and telling everyone they can do magic. There's no way some actual witch or wizard won't see and report her. I guess what I'm trying to say is that while it would be cool for her to sneak some magical things in she's way too blatant about it and I'm also at a loss as to why she even wants too. If it's because of Harry, why doesn't she just talk to him privately?
5/5/2020 c1 38blucougar57
Loving the start of this. I always enjoy stories where the Dursleys are good to Harry. Looking forward to seeing where you go with it.
5/5/2020 c1 10brady66
Love it!
5/5/2020 c1 2GreenMage7
The hardest part about reading your writing is having to wait for the next part. I love slice of life and your AU is a nice change from the usual tortured Harry. I would like to see both Harry and Hermoine in Hufflepuff, since that house exemplifies slice of life genre. Plus I have never seen a fic with Hermoine in Hufflepuff. I imagine having a peer would help cultivate Hufflepuff traits. If anyone could pull it off I'm sure it would be you. Just a suggestion, but I'll be reading this for sure no matter what houses they go into
5/5/2020 c1 21katmom
What a fun start! Thanks for sharing.
5/5/2020 c1 happylady
Wonderful start
I love that Harry and Hermione will learn new things together
Thanks for sharing
Gloria
5/5/2020 c1 2roon0
LOL I just love this. I can hardly wait for more. Keep safe
5/5/2020 c1 14RhysThornbery
Well. Harry wasn't very good about the whole 'don't tell Hermione' thing, lol. Still, it'll all work out I'm sure.

Kids are fun like that.
5/5/2020 c1 9Marc the Unruly
Hey KG, Nice start. :)
5/5/2020 c1 ankhanium
fun quick read. A little fast (to jump to the end that is) but within an acceptable range to get to the main point or two of the chapter. Otherwise, like I said a fun read. Looking forward to the next chapter.
821 « Prev Page 1 .. 45 52 53 54 55