FanFiction.Net
for Dedication to a Mistress: Descension into Darkness With No Way Back

3/19/2021 c1 8Rhagar
I remember I loved to watch this show back when I was a kid. I don't know how or why I suddenly went on a XS kick this week but I found this story and it was great. I didn't mind the length at all, as I personally believe that if it's just a one-shot it's better to have it be long rather than short.

As for the fic itself, it was a great novelization of the episodes, with just that little pinch of differences to put your spin on it. It's obvious a guy like Raimundo would at the very least feel lust towards Wuya (given her appearance, I'd be surprised if he didn't), but that wasn't enough to remove that last sliver of loyalty to his former friends, just enough to realize he'd fucked up when he opened the puzzle box.

Honestly, it's really something when the Big Bad you're serving genuinely helps and cares for you to the point of indulging you and trying to learn how to play air hockey with you. That was always something that stood out of Wuya's character - she'd betray you if you were incompetent (Jack most of the time), but when you're actually helpful and loyal, she returns that tenfold. It makes for a great villain, imo.

I loved the last part, with Jack turning into a neutral third party at best and Raimundo firmly choosing to remain in the Heylin camp. Especially interesting is the hints of a Raimundo and Katnappe team up at the end - given that Katnappe herself is quite competent, it'd be pretty good to see that play out, especially since Wuya returns at the end thanks to Katnappe herself.

I glanced at the comments on AO3 and I kinda hope you visit this AU soon, tbh. There's plenty of potential in exploring the now strained relationship between Wuya and Raimundo while they try to find a way to restore her for a second time, especially given the words from Dashi's spirit, which seems to imply a far-off redemption for him. I'd much rather see Raimundo genuinely stay with Wuya and the Heylin, but who knows how all that would go down!

Overall, this was pretty great. A rare gem in this fandom. Kudos to you!
1/21/2021 c1 Blue Backpack
This is better as Wuya never deserved to be betrayed after treating Raimundo so well
1/21/2021 c1 26DesiCat
I bit long, is Rai more evil?
12/19/2020 c1 67Ugly-Duckling123
A little long, but i like the fact that Rai is still (if not more) evil