for Redemption

2/2 c19 14Gs33022
Dear emeraldphan:

Oh, no! I expected this to happen based upon your hint in our PM, but how you described this scene here was extremely impactful. And I see Grandpa Joe is finally getting some character development! This story has taken an interesting turn, and I'm eager to see what will happen next!

- Gabe S.

(PS. I spotted a few errors:

".Gently he placed..." [period before 'gently']

"Why me anyways...Why not...Oompa-Loompas?," [unnecessary comma after the question mark, and no comma after the word, 'me']

These errors aside, I really enjoyed this chapter. Keep it up!
1/2 c18 63Erik'sTrueAngel
I just plowed through the rest of the story. This is so incredible! Love the flashbacks and insights to the characters. There is no doubt how much Tom is loved and missed. The oompa loompas have come up with such wacky musical ideas. But man... I would love to see them! I know you said there won't be a romance between Wonka and Esther but part of me is hoping for it. I think they would make a cute couple. Can't wait for more! Happy New Year!
1/1 c18 7ABBAbethTheHamster
Aw, that was such a lovely Christmas morning! I like that Mr. Wonka got a homemade gift from the grandparents; it's a sure sign of a personal warming made to last.

I agree with Gabe on the issue of "Tom's Toffee Treat". If Mr. Bucket came up with it first, then he certainly deserves being recognized for it. That's also really heartwarming.

(By the way, the brief mention of Charlie not being allowed to ride his new bicycle indoors brought a lot of funny "what if he did" scenarios to my mind! Most prominently, I pictured him riding around in the Chocolate Room, with the Oompa-Loompas restraining him at the last minute before he peddles into the chocolate river. It's way too absent-minded to be in character, I know, but the wild imagination of the mind is an odd little playground that way.)
12/31/2020 c18 14Gs33022
Another great chapter! I really felt sorry for Joe and George in this one, I hope they get better. On the flip side, I'm ecstatic that Mr. Wonka insisted on calling it Tom's Toffee Treat instead of Wonka's. I also like the idea of educating Oompa-Loompa children about what Loompaland was like. I loved this chapter, and I can't wait for the next one! Goodbye 2020, hello next decade, and Happy New Year!

- Gabe S. :)
12/31/2020 c18 14Squirrela
A year already? Good to see them settling in and becoming part of the workings of the Factory. It’s about time they had a role there.

What a curmudgeon Joe is!

Thank you!
12/21/2020 c3 63Erik'sTrueAngel
I love the continuation from the movie! Esther's reaction to everything is something I could see myself doing as well! And I love Grandpa Joe being all Papa Bear to make sure that Charlie is going to be well-treated as an apprentice and everything. So glad things are getting better for them and they have this new life they can enjoy more now than ever!
12/13/2020 c17 3BJMccoy
I'm delighted to discover this story. And I look forward to its continuation. All the details and backstory of these characters fit in nicely with the Canon of the movie at least. I hope the next chapter is up soon cuz I want to find out what happens.
12/8/2020 c1 14Gs33022
Another awesome chapter as usual! I really enjoyed the cemetery scene; it makes me wonder whether Mr. Bucket will make his paranormal self known in one way or another, like a couple of certain characters in my story...

Other than that, echoing Beth, I really enjoyed that dentists snippet. Was that a reference to the 2005 film? If so, really clever- if not, I still enjoyed the comparison nonetheless. Keep up the great work!

- Gabe S :)
12/7/2020 c17 14Squirrela
How did I miss this?

I think that the pilgrimage by Charlie and his mother was neede so I am glad they have finally made it. I agree that the young Oompa-Loompas keen interest is concerning. Hopefully something will help settle things.
11/25/2020 c17 7ABBAbethTheHamster
This was such a lovely chapter! I found it amusing how to managed to come up with that clever snippet about dentists. That closing line is quite sweet; it reminds me of the last bit of the narration in the 2005 film.
11/15/2020 c9 13GustavonkaLondon
Ooh, now Mrs. Bucket is defending Mr. Wonka. I like this gradual personality change. And *gasp* Vernicious Knid backstory!
11/15/2020 c8 GustavonkaLondon
Yay, Through the Looking Glass quotes! I love how at first Mrs. Bucket didn’t really like/trust Mr. Wonka, but now she’s starting to warm to him. The line about escaping from the real world into a magical one was especially good.
And not many people would know the difference between Through the Looking Glass and Alice in Wonderland...
11/8/2020 c16 14Squirrela
Sounds like the family have had an interesting few weeks. I’m glad mr Wonka was so quick to pick up on the idea. Mr W’s back story is interesting as well.
11/4/2020 c16 14Gs33022
Dear emeraldphan:

Wow, sorry for the late review! For starters, I loved this chapter. I really enjoyed the new perspective on the world of the factory, and I'm very glad Mr. Bucket is finally having his dream come true! Additionally, I was also a fan of Mr. Wilkinson's back story. Hmm...I wonder if the Toffee Apple Trees (nice reference to the book by the way) have something to do with Tom's Toffee Treat...

P.S. I noticed you accidentally said, "I can't believe the Oompa Loompas..." (no hyphen) Anyways, keep up the great work!
10/27/2020 c16 7ABBAbethTheHamster
Yet another great chapter! While it was brought up earlier that Mr. Wilkinson was divorced, you wrote the backstory of it so well that I was feeling legitimately sorry for him, despite it all being said and done. I now wonder whether Charlie will get to meet Mr. Wilkinson's sons? One of Mr. Bucket's ideas finally getting realized is a nice touch, as was the Oompa-Loompa Halloween party. In a way, it reminded me of Spirit Week in high school; on Character Day every year, at least one student out of the few thousand always dressed as an Oompa-Loompa from this version of the story.

Keep up the great work! :-D
83 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »