for Redemption

10/27/2020 c16 The Gman
Hi, me again...I will review the other chapters but have a lot of questions about this one...
Poor Mister Wilkinson. What an awful person to be married to.
On the other hand, I can’t wait to meet his sons! I hope you end up putting them in the story. Who knows what shenanigans two teenagers and Charlie might get up to...
It’s interesting that Mister Wonka has already been friends with other children. Did he want them to be his heirs instead, until they left? Did they like him, despite their mum?
Now I’m very curious...
10/27/2020 c7 The Gman
Hiya, it’s GustavonkaLondon!
I love this chapter even more upon rereading it (I’m so bad at leaving reviews when I like stuff, so I apologise for that). I really do feel for Mrs. Bucket. First her husband, and now her son...I do love the relationship between Charlie and Mister Wonka. Mister Wonka seems to rather like playing with his hair XD
10/10/2020 c15 14Squirrela
Ah... memories. Painful at times, healing at others. When you are living them, you never know where they shall lead.

On that score, I wonder where the sharing of this note book shall lead, and how it shall get there.

Thanks again...
10/7/2020 c6 Lady Vagabond
[NOTE... Review re-posted due to spelling mistake. Sincerely, Lady Vagabond.]

Hello! Originally I really wanted to either comment on this whole story in one longer review, or post shorter reviews for each chapter today, but some stuff came up (as usual) and my ''break time'' ended up being interrupted from time to time. And now it's past midnight where I live already. So I decided to review the chapters a bit more slowly, like not all in one go.

So far, I really enjoyed the beginning. I especially like your portrayal of Mrs. Bucket, it's really easy to understand how she feels and empathise with her. Oh, and ''Esther'' is a lovely name and suits her very well. (I myself have had trouble settling on a name for her. At first it was ''Emmeline'', then in 2019 I renamed her ''Roberta''. Now, I'm not sure if either of these names suit her that well. But I digress...)

I'm also glad that in this chapter, it says that the Bratty Kids won't be all miserable forever. Even if Violet and Mike were rude kids, they don't deserve to spend their lifetimes as a blue-skinned person and super-skinny-tall giant! Willy Wonka is many things, but he's certainly not a complete sadist who wants the kids to be ruined for life.

Anyway, even with my really unpredictable schedule these days, I do hope to review your next chapters in greater detail over the next two or three weeks.

- Lady Vagabond (formerly ''Vagabond Scribbler'')
10/1/2020 c15 7ABBAbethTheHamster
I like that the flashbacks in this chapter provided some key insights into Charlie's implied influences. If his father was into candy, then I can see that fascination being brought up quite frequently between parents and child, so it only makes sense that Charlie might catch on to loving chocolate. (I know that this was mentioned in dialogue many chapters ago, but this gives more elaboration.) Although Tom did not live to see the dream achieved, it's heartwarming that Charlie got to inherit the job/position that Tom would have loved for the family. Keep up the great work!
9/26/2020 c15 14Gs33022
Dear Emerald:

Oh my! This chapter was amazing! I loved the focus on flashbacks in this one, especially with Hank and showing the origin of the Bucket family and Bill! I do hope that in the next chapter, though, that Tom's dream finally becomes a reality! Keep up the great work!

- Gabe S. :)

P.S. I did, however, notice two errors in this chapter. "Wonka' cheery demeanor", no "s" in "Wonka's", and "were in school together" instead of "we're", since they were in school together at the time due to them being children, along with the context being provided. Other than that, keep it up!
9/6/2020 c14 7ABBAbethTheHamster
I like the idea of going into depth on Mrs. Bucket's thoughts. What with having to take care of her parents at such an early age, the less positive moments sound totally believable. It makes me think of the extended period of time where my maternal grandfather kept having to be transferred to multiple hospitals after a surgical complication, and Grandma was stressing herself out with having to visit him constantly in his worsening condition. (He didn't make it, sadly.) Speaking of which, I hope that Grandpa George will get better. That can't be easy, either.

I like the added aspect of Mr. Jopeck coming back to get Charlie away from another mob, too. It helps to round out the character some from his extremely minor role in the movie.
9/6/2020 c14 14Squirrela
Wow... you have a lot in here. Poor Charlie, I’m glad Mr. Jopeck was there. And that scene with Willy later was lovely. So that’s when the grandparents needing looking after so much came from?

Thanks for the update.
9/5/2020 c3 13GustavonkaLondon
I love these characters especially the Buckets...keep up the great work!
9/4/2020 c14 14Gs33022
Dear Emerald:

This was another great chapter! I loved the focus on George and Georgina, and their dialogue was wonderfully written. I also loved the return of Mr. Jopeck, as I really liked his appearance in the 1971 film. I feel putting him here was also a great tribute to Dahl himself because, as you know, Dahl created the character himself. Keep up the great work!

- Gabe S. :)

(PS. Kudos to you for putting the hyphen in "Oompa-Loompa", as the littlest details truly do matter.)
8/22/2020 c13 7ABBAbethTheHamster
I hadn't even thought about Charlie's new classmates having parents who worked at the factory! That is quite the interesting detail, and yeah, I wouldn't want to have to explain those details if I were in Charlie's shoes!

Esther's reactions to all of those sequel plays is quite funny. "I won't stay for the whole thing; I'm not sure how many more dancing aliens I can take." It makes me almost want to watch them myself just to catch how much sequelitis and so forth was present.

Keep up the great work! :-D
8/13/2020 c13 14Squirrela
Loving seeing Charlie growing up and heading to his new school. I’m sure every mother feels like that about her children growing up.

Good hearing that you are just covering the bases. I wasn’t completely sure what to expect at points, though it did seem final at the end. Essie is right: now she does have a good answer for her friends.
8/12/2020 c13 28Sonata IX
Oh I like how Mr. Wonka handled that! Neither of them seems romantically interested in each other and Mrs. Bucket's friends seem to have just made her uncomfortable by bringing it up. With one easy line he really seemed to put her at ease about their relationship.
8/12/2020 c13 14Gs33022
Dear Emerald:

This was a great chapter! For starters, I noticed the early draft reference (Charlie being nicknamed "Chocolate Boy"), and I found it sweet when the Oompa-Loompas and Mr. Wonka talked about weddings. I also liked Charlie's moments at school, as well as Mrs. Bucket talking about the factory to outsiders, as well as her talking about Tom once again. Keep up the great work!

However, there is something that I must address. It gets constantly annoying when the word "Oompa-Loompa" isn't hyphenated correctly, and is spelled "Oompa Loompa." I would recommend correcting those occurrences, as Oompa-Loompa is the correct version compared to it not being hyphenated. Other than that, this story is getting better and better with each chapter! Keep it up!

- Gabe S.
8/2/2020 c12 14Squirrela
Hey. Sorry for missing this for so long.

It was lovely seeing the family settling in even further. Poor Joe feeling played, but then getting exactly what he needed. That was a near perfect scene. The Oompa-Loomps seem to be working hard to play their part in helping everyone with the process.

Thanks.