for Redemption

8/1/2020 c12 28Sonata IX
Star Candy, ey? *waggles eyebrows*

I'm struggling, my brain REALLY wants to accept this as a legitimate sequel to the movie, which would make it a prequel to MY story. But I don't know if it will line up right in the end, chronologically. But I really want it to. Because it's sooo good. 3

Also I love how much you've been including the whole family. I'm now having regrets about only working with Mrs. Bucket in mine, and even then not much. We barely see the grandparents in the movie (other than Grandpa Joe) but now they're all becoming such interesting people!
8/1/2020 c2 Sonata IX
Hiiii thanks for reviewing my story because it led me to yours! Your characterization is spot on, I'm loving it! Also enjoyed Grandpa Joe confronting Willy about his behavior, and pretty much every time someone calls Willy out about how serious this is for Charlie and his family. There has to be a little bit of practicality in all the fantasy!
7/27/2020 c12 14Gs33022
Dear Emerald:

What an amazing chapter! I loved how Grandpa Joe is becoming happier, as well as the world, er, factory building, as Wonka might call it, with the Star Candy Room. I also liked the world-building with Mr. Wilkinson's family. It makes me wonder if we'll get more info on him throughout the story.

As a closing notice, I must admit that I nearly had a stroke when I read, "Charlie's Chocolate Adventure." I'm sure the resemblance to the title of my story, "Charlie's Chocolatey Adventure", but it still did catch me off guard! XD

Keep up the great work!

- Gabe S. :)
7/22/2020 c12 7ABBAbethTheHamster
I like the idea of Joe being taught how to steer the Wonkatania. It makes me think of an incident that took place when the scene for the movie was being filmed; the boat was actually on a guiderail, but the actor playing the Oompa-Loompa who steered the boat was so excited about being a sailor that the crew member involved just let him believe that he was steering the boat and never told him about it being anchored on a path. I'm interested to see if the boat will get any extended further use from this point on. Ditto for Mrs. Bucket's reaction to the two other parts of that play.
7/10/2020 c11 14Squirrela
I’m so glad Essie was able to talk about her husband with her friends. It also sounds like she had a wonderful birthday. More signs that the Factory is slowly becoming home for them. Thank You.
7/9/2020 c11 14Gs33022
Dear Emerald:

What a chapter! Both sweet and somber, but I liked both halves just the same. As usual, I really enjoyed the flashback with Mr. Bucket. To tell you the truth, since he had no actual appearance in the (final) 1971 film, I also picture him with his 2005 appearance. I loved the event with Mrs. Bucket's birthday, as well as the description of the female Oompa-Loompas, with whom I can see takes cues from what I suggested, which does flatter me. I also got worried when Grandpa Joe became pale, but I'm admittedly glad that he felt better. I like his character development where he is slowly learning to let loose and become more cheerful. Overall, this is an amazing chapter, and keep up the great work!

- Gs33022
6/30/2020 c10 Gs33022
Now THIS. Aside from the flashback chapter, which is my favorite one, this is the best chapter in the story thus far! I loved how you conveyed the emotions of Mrs. Bucket while she was explaining what happened to John- er, Tom here- and I adored the scenes with Mrs. Bucket interacting with the Oompa-Loompa children. I do wish, however, that you described the female Oompa-Loompas in more detail, as they weren't seen in the 1971 movie. Longer, unrestrained hair that looks less like a wig, perhaps, with different-colored overalls or an apron? I do, on the other hand, appreciate the description of the children. I also laughed out loud with the joke regarding the location of Loompaland.

Overall, aside from the representation of the female Oompa-Loompas, I really enjoyed this chapter. Keep up the great work!

-Gs33022
6/29/2020 c10 14Squirrela
It’s good seeing them all start to settle in. It feels like the place is starting to become like home for them.
6/28/2020 c10 Guest
I love this can't wait for the next chapter!
6/23/2020 c9 Wilder Wonka
I honestly don't blame Joe for feeling this way. For almost Charlie's life, he has been filling the void as a father figure towards Charlie (even if he didn't do a very good job at it anyway). He loves Charlie like a son and he must feel very angry towards Wonka for effectively replacing him.

I honestly can't wait to see what happens next in the following chapters if a parenthood rivalry breaks out between Joe and Wonka
6/22/2020 c9 14Gs33022
What a nice chapter! You portrayed the characters marvellously well once again, especially Grandpa Joe and his personality of constantly being a dick. I really wish they made Grandpa Joe a nice guy like in the book, "What Could Have Been", and the 2005 film. Nothing against your portrayal; props in fact, just something I wanted to point out.
6/21/2020 c9 Guest
This was amazing ️ can't wait for the next chapter!
6/21/2020 c9 14Squirrela
I have to say that it feels like Joe is jealous of Willy. That’s the only reason I can see for this attitude. Joe wants to feel himself the important one to Charlie, as he was when he encouraged Charlies interest in the Chocolate Factory. Now he is outclassed by the Factory owner. It is possible that this feeling is only encouraged by the way Willy knocked himself off of the pedestal by shouting at Charlie like that...

Thanks again...
6/14/2020 c8 Guest
Please continue I love your work so much ️
6/14/2020 c8 7ABBAbethTheHamster
It's nice to read that Mrs. Bucket is starting to familiarize herself with the factory. Maybe she'll form a personal, friendly connection with Mr. Wonka eventually?
83 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »