for Redemption

5/18/2020 c3 14Squirrela
As far as giving advice goes, you’re welcome. Thank you for doing what you can to bring your readers with you. The changes work well.

It’s lovely to see the family starting to feel a little more comfortable during this strange time. Looks like it has been a busy time for them.
5/17/2020 c3 125Atarya QueenofEgypt
Why doesn't Mr. Wonka never celebrates Christmas? Update soon and also I have posted chapter 4 of WonkaVID19. I hope you can review it. Please PM me back when you get this. Thanks.
5/13/2020 c2 14Squirrela
I find this interesting... I actually think that both Willy and Joe are tired in that first scene. Willy is trying too hard. Way too hyperactive. And Joe. What’s up with that ‘Mr Silverman’ line? He’s loved the Factory, and the icon of Mr Wonka for years. He thought the Factory was fantastic, and he’s a hot tempered chap who blows up when angry, and then gets over it, as we saw at the end of the film. A whole lot more has to be going on to produce this simmering resentment. Jealousy? Or something else? Hmmm...
5/12/2020 c2 12Turrislucidus
I wonder if you are parodying your characters' names? Mr. Turpentine IS funny, but his name was/is Mr. Turkentine. Speaking of one letter off, did you know, that Gene Wilder's name, before he changed it, was Silberman?

"These two very old people are the father and mother of Mr. Bucket. Their names are Grandpa Joe and Grandma Josephine." Roald Dahl, 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'. It's hard for me to ignore that, and explains why Grandpa Joe in the '71 movie treats Mrs. Bucket more like a daughter-in-law than a daughter. She does try to mitigate that by calling him 'dad', but I don't think the gesture got her very far with him.

Story-wise, you've captured Joe's penchant for making trouble. He's a braver man than I to look a gift horse like Willy Wonka in the mouth. The chicken-pox you mention is an interesting thought. With the Oompa-Loompas in mind, Mr. Wonka had best see that the family has had all their shots. :-)
5/11/2020 c2 125Atarya QueenofEgypt
Wonka Square? Kind of New York Times Square, right? Also, emeraldphan I updated chapter 2 of WonkaVID19. I hope you can review. Please PM me back and can you follow and favorite me? Please PM me back letting me know. Thanks.
5/8/2020 c1 LaLadyCavalier
Eeeeee this is so sweet and authentic and just so great? I really hope you do more, but even if it's just a one shot, it's so perfect.
5/8/2020 c1 14Squirrela
An intriguing beginning, and even more of an intriguing title. I shall look forward to seeing how you plan to tie it into the storyline.

I have a sneaking suspicion that both Esther and Joe will want a more in depth discussion with Willy as time goes on.

You have only given us an appetiser here though, it is in that which follows the we will be able to see a little bit more about what this story shall ultimately come to be. You have made a start with great characterisation there, especially of capturing Joe’s bluster. I shall look forward to seeing where you take them.
5/7/2020 c1 125Atarya QueenofEgypt
This is quite amazing. Is this Wonka Wilder or Wonka Depp in this? Update soon and don't worry. I'll be updating chapter 2 of WonkaVID19. Will we still be doing a Wonka story together? Please PM me back. Thanks.
83 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6