for A Flickering Light: Casting Shadows

11/3/2020 c11 7RKS Legacy
WolfWing, I want to thank you for delivering this amazing experience! This truly is the end of a journey, one that I am happy to have undergone with you even if I joined rather late. I saw significant growth in the series from title to title, but this latest installment has been the culmination of the growth you've undergone the last two years. I am very proud of the journey you have undergone and am happy with what I've read from you.

Ignus definitely was a flat character through most of the A Flickering Light series, but I think Casting Shadows definitely fleshed him out. I loved your explanation for why he has two Keyblades, which is that he was fragmented before just like Ventus and Vanitas were. While I feel like you could have delved into that a little bit more, maybe by giving a flashback, I am content with the backstory that you gave him. It definitely opened the door for him to connect with Terra and Ventus. In fact, I think that was my favorite part of Casting Shadows: seeing Ignus, Aqua, Ventus, and Terra acting like a family. And I'm so happy to see that Ignus and Aqua returned to one another.

Also, THANK YOU for aging Aqua up at the end. Even though you didn't explain how much older, my head-canon places her at about 10-15 years older which helps because Ignus held that 12 year lead over her for most of Casting Shadows and your KH3 fic since Aqua did not age in the Realm of Darkness. I don't think you ever give an age to Ignus in the story, but I don't feel like going back to search for it. Either way, the point still stands. In my head-canon he and Aqua are now finally at around a similar age to one another and that's very fitting.

Sorry to go off on that tangent. As my final words here, I'd like to say...

Very well done.
11/3/2020 c10 RKS Legacy
This is Final Fantasy X/X-2's ending! And I love it! Seriously! I want to know how Aqua pulled Ignus out of the Twilight Meridian, but I know that that question may never get answered and that's okay with me. Also, the name Twilight Meridian?! Freaking awesome sounding and it makes perfect sense to fit in the universe of KH!

I'm going to read through the afterward now, but I can't promise a dissertation like when I finished reading the KH3 installment of this series.
11/3/2020 c9 RKS Legacy
I'm so happy to see how the advent of the Heartlocked and Sora's disappearance combined to affect Kairi! Well I'm not happy to see her go through pain, but I do think this was a strong step for her character. She needed to hit rock-bottom so that she can move forward.
11/2/2020 c5 RKS Legacy
So you had told me a bit about the Heartlocked while you were still designing them in concept and honestly, learning about them through the narrative, I've got to say that you've really stricken gold here. While the future of Kingdom Hearts will most likely deal with a light-based threat in the form of the Foretellers, Luxu, and the MoM, I think that your approach to a post-KH3 story has been nothing short of satisfying. You really get these characters and all of their interactions are grounded and natural.
11/2/2020 c3 RKS Legacy
Hey WolfWings!

I know that this has been up for a while now, so I'd like to apologize for not getting around to reading this to support you, but I'm here now and bro...I did not know I needed to see Ventus set a kitchen on fire until I read this chapter. This was absolutely great!
6/20/2020 c11 2Aster Hikari
Hello ! So this end is quite good!
Ignus be saved by Aqua... (my girl)
And don't worry if there are more stories about Aqua and Ignus I would be right there ~
Take care buddy !
6/13/2020 c8 Aster Hikari
Aaaah Honestly this chapter was so great as the others. You're doing great with writing Aqua's darkness and Ignus.
My daily reading of love. Thank you :3
6/10/2020 c7 Aster Hikari
Honestly that was a sad chapter to me. Ignus is really a good character. As for Aqua... In the previous chapter i hope she will doing well with Ignus
5/30/2020 c3 Aster Hikari
Happy to see this story again... You're improving yourself with each and each chapter.
Great job here ~