FanFiction.Net
for Monochrome

7/13/2020 c3 Didi C
I enjoy some aspects of the chapter. This chapter was basically just expedition in some aspects and fluff. I love how Harry seen’s like a clueless teenager who’s out of his depth. I can understand both characters point of you. The point of you I had in mind was Harry and Minerva. Minerva known both his grandparents and parents ,and she doesn’t want talk to him about it , I felt it was like of stupid on her part. I like how you make Cornelius fudge actually a good character. He’s just a selfish person ,that just wants to stay in power which isn’t bad or neither good. I honestly enjoy the chapter very much.

This chapter felt more like a prologue then anything else. Going back and reading the other prologue and chapter felt kind of tedious in the way of The pacing felt kind of slow. The Exposition felt kind of like fluff. I could skip one sentence ,or a a paragraph and pretty much understand everything about it.

However besides those few issues ,I had with it I pretty much enjoy this chapter.
7/13/2020 c3 George1892
Interesting seeing Fudge as something other than a bumbling idiot. Have to see how the trial goes...
7/13/2020 c3 1Solo Starfish
And more clues are added to the fray!

Some sort of magical anomaly happens at the grave, Harry's wand is now dead. Not just to him, but to everyone. Even Priori Incantato didn't work. The clues are piling up, and the answer is somewhere in Harry's mind, if the summary and Defiance are any clue.

Your interpretation of Fudge is interesting. On one hand, someone who collects so many secrets and seems at least somewhat politically savvy shouldn't be THIS incorrectly paranoid about Albus Dumbledore. Perhaps Fudge is still somewhat stupid? Or perhaps... he's right...

As usual, fuck Percy. He deserves to get his name butchered.

I really enjoyed the scene between Harry and Minerva, not only for the characterization, but for the little reveals here and there. Villified is a strong word for Year 2 stuff, and so is treating someone like a leper and "throwing them out". This definitely implies that things are different from canon, and it's interesting to see the impacts of those differences on his psyche and actions. I wonder if this will have an impact as to how he treats his friends. Did they never reconcile? So many swirling questions.

Tbh, I didn't get a lot from Kingsley's scene. Not sure if I'm not observant or if that's how it was supposed to be, but I learned more about Dawlish than Kingsley himself, other than the fact that he was annoyed by Fudge, irked by Dawlish, respects Bones, and does NOT want to deal with this shitstorm of a case.

... On second thought, I got a pretty good amount from it lol.

As always, a great chapter. Looking forward to more.
- Solo Starfish
7/13/2020 c3 smokeapound
come on what was that? just a whole bunch of prelude
7/13/2020 c3 vcs123
nice chapter waiting for the next update
7/12/2020 c2 brachiosaurus
i do wonder what approach will you show in the next chapters. the 2 chapters you've written, i only classify them as 'vague yet interesting'. add the pairing to the fray, i hoped that this would be a glorious read for us all, one which you hopefully would complete.
7/9/2020 c1 Sonderistic
Please don’t put bashing in this fic like you did in defiance. It’s so stupid when fanfic authors get well written characters and make them stupid for the sake of contrived plot. Also, it would be cool if Harry’s character is actually Adressen here unlike in defiance where he was a shitty person at times but everyone thought it was ok
7/9/2020 c2 WittyBasketcase
I wonder how Harry forward to the next chapter!
7/9/2020 c1 WittyBasketcase
This is amazing! That last line was poetic
7/5/2020 c2 1KML023
I am happy to see that you guys are posting HP fanfiction again and that you are continuing a fic in the same vein as Defiance. Hope you guys keep it up.
6/30/2020 c1 Guest
Very happy that you are back with HP fics. Huge fan of Defiance. Good luck:)
6/17/2020 c1 Guest
I saw the latest update on 'Defiance' by chance and was pleasently surprised by your decision to continue HP. I am a big fan of haphne fics and 'Defiance' was in my top 5. I just want to say to you that please, please continue with this story till the end. Your ideas and plots were brilliant in earlier fic and now I am already hyped by this story.
6/14/2020 c2 sanbeegoldiewhitey
It was hard to enjoy a chapter when the characters were so annoying. I can understand Percy. He is a brown-nosing prat. But Dumbledore and Amelia Bones were annoying. In self-defense, the person under attack can use any means commensurate with the danger. It is ludicrous that you can not use a killing curse against a superior wizard who was using it against you.
6/10/2020 c2 Guest
Great fix hole you update
6/11/2020 c2 1Apofis
A great chapters, I hope it continues to rise. I just have one question. Attention to this new story after a long time of not writing Harry Potter was what you expected? Or did you expect a better reception?
1,758 « Prev Page 1 .. 97 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 117 .. Last Next »