FanFiction.Net
for Harry Potter and the Forest of Dreams

3/12/2022 c12 mumphie
Quite the interesting story. Going through possession and the Greek myths may be a tad distracting. Harry seems a lot older than his years. I have no clue as to how Harry's adopted parents can afford this trip. I also don't know where you are going with this. Will Harry be reunited with his birth family? Will the truth come out with everyone content? Will Dumbles be a problem? Will Harry have the same canon friends or will he go a different direction? Oh so many questions, and you have taken a break on this story. Sigh
10/6/2021 c12 VtrCst
this fic is outstanding, just the right amount of familiar love, adventure, intrigue and obfuscating Lore
great :) :) :)
12/30/2020 c12 nypism
Truly hope you'll return to finish this story. ive enjoyed it greatly and do wonder where itll go from here.
12/18/2020 c12 BigBird97
Absolutely love this story, really enjoying the world building especially as well the characters. Only downside is that I love this characterisation of Harry and really really want to see him at Hogwarts and interacting with his birth family, but that is still a while off in the story. (Another point is that I love Harry’s families interactions, am constantly on edge that you’re going to start writing some tragedy in - so hopefully that doesn’t happen.

How you’ve implemented the sibling and James/lily living so that Harry wouldn’t be an angsty mess when he meets them is great and so different to all the other James/lily living stories.

All up, love this story and really looking forward to the next chapter. With regard to the beta reader you’re looking for I don’t know any personally but I know a lot of authors use discord servers to help find beta’s - could be worth putting a call out in your next AN seeing if anyone is part of a server that could be useful. The only one I’m a part of unfortunately is a dedicated Harry/Fleur pairing server.
11/20/2020 c2 Mr.Varga7
So this started off interesting, with a different Voldemort, and the writing is comparatively good, but how in the world did they not notice that they had Harry Potter? Even if the Gringott’s blood test failed, which is unlikely, surely they could have found his parents and identity with just a little bit of research.
11/9/2020 c11 Ghostcraft9
This was absolutely amazing i can’t wait to see where it leads
10/27/2020 c12 Hank1967
This is really quite the interesting story! Love the interplay between Harry and his adoptive parents. Also enjoy the interplay between Alicia and William. It's all very well done and has a unique flavor to it. Harry's behavior pretty much matches his age. He's more mature, but then again, he's still an eight-year-old. Also enjoying Melia and looking forward to seeing more of her in the story. Love all of the attention to detail. It always makes a story more enjoyable. Glad to see you moving the family out of British orbit for a while. Their time in the Black Forest was great, as is their time in Egypt. Although I can't believe William and Alicia are allowing Harry to roam around the souk unescorted. That's like asking for trouble... As it seems to be. Great job! Can't wait to see what's next!
10/15/2020 c11 3renextronex
Oh boy, It'll be interesting if the Portwood somehow believe that he is Voldemort's spawn
10/15/2020 c10 renextronex
Your Harry is way too smart, too perceptive and too knowledgeable to be a 8-9 years old, so far you have shown that he is also impulsive and socially awkward so I won't accuse you of making him a Mary Sue, but as he grows and his intelligence grows with him I think you'll find it difficult to not write yourself into a corner, a character like your Harry only has "right" to fail in 3 circumstances

1- He is in a situation he had absolutely no way to prevent or to know it was going to happen
2- He knows he is over his head but decides to jump in anyway
3- The situation requires social skill

Know that the first one is usually considered a cheap way to start conflict, though that's not to say it can't be executed ellegantly

This makes me remember a fic "Dust in the wind" in which the MC says "On a good day, My average intelligence ranged somewhere between genius and omniscient. When I drank? That shit dropped like a lead weight" that could be another way to start conflict, intoxication
10/15/2020 c7 renextronex
"Harry shivered involuntarily, though if it was because of the thought of another soul in his body or his damp hair, he couldn't tell."
where does this come from? I thought Harry was not supposed to know what a Horcrux is
10/14/2020 c3 renextronex
the exposition of what you consider "mudbloods" and "blood-traitors" or "magic-traitors" is too in your face. You are pretty much stating "this is how things are, no perpespective, no nuance and no subjectivity"
10/14/2020 c1 renextronex
Your fic feels like a theatre play, is way too dramatized for this media, but other than that is seems pretty interesting
10/12/2020 c12 rockingchampif
So an agenda for the parselmouth in the mix and a plan is brewing among them it will be lovely what that tale entails it felt more like a filler as nothing happened but he got a book and also may be a fiend in Rashida, cant wait for the next one.
10/12/2020 c11 rockingchampif
So the parselmouth has been discovered in this case, would love to see what they would do in egypt for six months and learn, harry is already missing his friend melisa here would love to see their reunion after their trip to egypt it was a good one.
10/12/2020 c10 rockingchampif
So harry made a quiet unusual one but still i always pictured this harry with a magical pet i dont know why but it feels like he should have one in this one, so cool and collected even at the face of horror even after being so young loving this harry to the core and decoding the magical world you have created.
83 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »