for Table for Two

7/25 c1 2BJMccoy
Hello Octopus my love.

I am tickled to pieces to see you writing this! Frasier is one of my faves too (after M*A*S*H* of course.) I always thought his last minute hookup with Charlotte was rushed and forced, IMO, there was nothing the writers really did to differentiate her from all of the other flavors-of-the-month. Personally, I always thought that he had the best chemistry with Lilith, but that's just my opinion. I especially like your use of inner dialogue here, particularly toward the end of the chapter... I can't wait to see what you do with this..
Best,
BJ
5/28 c1 48KeepingUpDisappearances
Aw, poor Fras :( good start!
5/27 c1 LC
oH my goooooosh I know I already left a comment here but I HAVE TO LEAVE ONE AGAIN AFTER READING BC AAAAAAAAAAA IT WAS SO DADGUM GOOD!

Like, where to start? (Once again, I love the chapter title LOL).

I can't wait to see more vet things. How do you know so many things about so many things, lol? Also, NARCISSISTS! Like clinical narcissists? My mom is all about them scary folks, yo. Reads all the books and tells me all the things about them. I hope this girl has only encountered the layman me-me-me definition of the word and not the actual psychological manipulate-and-stab-your-face kind, for her sake.

MOIRA OH MY GOSH I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT MOIRA. I was like, red hair, contralto voice, BIG GREEN EYES OH MY WORD SHE'S JUST LIKE NELLIE AAAAA. I need to reign my expectations in lol but I can't help it! I was curious what kind of character she would be but no joke I could not be any happier than finding that she is the same Nellie kind of character. Idk if it's just me or something, but when an author writes an awesome person I always want more of them, specifically in different versions, if that makes sense? It's the most exciting thing ever to see a potentially Nellie-ish character in a whole other universe, and the thought of seeing her interact more with Frasier and all the other personalities has my heart goiiiiing. It's the most exciting thing and now I have to go reread all of your MASH to get ready lol. A thoroughly modern Nellie, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :) Even her Irish name and all, man you pick the best names. Oh, I also loved getting to see her POV in the chapter, I didn't expect it! I love chapters that do that. (Also love long ones like this, it's like getting served a big chunk of cake instead of a little slice.)

Absolutely everyone seemed on fleek to me characterization-wise, and the DIALOGUE OH MY GOSH! I was thinking at the start like, dang it must be really really hard to write funny Frasiery dialogue, and EVERY TIME YOU DID IT WAS SO FUNNY AND SO IN CHARACTER, I COULD PRACTICALLY HEAR THE LAUGH TRACK? Idk why the heck I was surprised actually, thinking back to the endless hilarity and perfect characterization you did with MASH, but wow I was just like staring mouth open at the dry humor, it's so perfect. I'm so jealous. I need to figure out how to write even an ounce of this level of witty dialogue, let alone how to get a character's voice so perfect, ugh. So jealous.

Sorry to be all over the place but I am just so excited I can't even. I don't usually catch fics before their last chapter's already been written, for one thing! Being there from the BIRTH of one is like wow. :O And I have never read a Frasier fic that even stuck in my memory and that is a tragedy. I am all kinds of excited. I don't know how long it took you to churn out this gem of a chapter (seriously, how long did it take? process-wise? I'm really curious) or how long the fic is going to be, but I will literally wait years for this thing and be happy to have such a wonderful thing to look forward to! Thank you so muuuuuch!
5/27 c1 LaLadyCavalier
Eeeee i know it's cheating to review BEFORE reading but I'm just SO DADGUM EXCITED! I love your writing so much. :"0 And I love FRASIER, and this is such a great concept, and even the title is awesome, and I'M SO EXCITED AAAAAAA THANK YOU THIS IS JUST WHAT PEOPLE NEED IN THESE TRYING TIMES WOOT WOOT

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service