for Corona

7/13/2020 c1 lewovo
To be honest, I didn’t thought too much about the mask before, but now after wearing them I can kinda understand why Erik wasn’t really wearing his mask when he was strolling around as the ghost(until Christine)—it’s quite hard to breath through the mask and his lack of a nose probably only makes it worse.

Perhaps Erik could develop a few more friendship by going to the park? Since Erik now can have some common language with the folks who hates having forced to locked in the house/wearing mask(Even though he’s having the time of his life right now) ...If they are weird out by him first.
6/10/2020 c1 13Cloelius Princess
You do have a point. Eric right now would be absolutely and utterly happy.
6/8/2020 c1 6Antiquarianne
I loved this. It feels like a (somewhat extreme) variation of conversations my fellow introvert friends and I have had over the past few weeks.
6/6/2020 c1 45Igenlode Wordsmith
Oh, a new story!
(N.B. I did review your last one... eventually ;-D Did you know that receiving a PM on FFnet no longer sends out an email alert?)

Schadenfreude is definitely very much in Erik's mindset ;-p
(And I have to say I have something of the same reaction myself - it's enjoyable to watch other people being required to cope with cooking their own food from scratch instead of eating out, not being able to go anywhere they can't reach on their own two feet, making their own entertainment at home instead of attending events, and not exchanging a word with another human being for days on end. Fancy that - everyone else has to live like me for a change!)

I like the idea that the best way to evade high-tech Erik is to walk ;-p

And Erik's good and bad-tempered reactions to living next to a graveyard: "a garden with uncomplaining neighbours" versus the normal "I like people to be dead" ;-)

And yes - if everyone else is required to wear a mask and to communicate remotely, then no-one will be frightened or suspicious of Erik's choice to hide himself by doing so. (Although the jogging women don't appear to be wearing anything, since they are visibly smiling.)

Note that "a funeral service" in English is the *ceremony* that takes place at a funeral, not a company that sells funerals; we call those "undertakers", but they normally operate out of shops on the High Street rather than being based next to cemeteries, at least in England.

If even the criminals are 'in home office', doesn't that mean that very little crime is being achieved and therefore Erik has less work? Or does it mean that all the crime that *is* taking place ends up being computer-related, and thus coming to him?

Ouch - yes, Erik's glee does lead to the uncomfortable suspicion that he might just have had a hand in creating a situation so much to his own taste... It's probably true that a cyber-genius wouldn't know how to go about manufacturing such a thing, though.

"At least one man was absolutely happy with the situation"
Yes, I can hear Erik crowing "This is freedom" ;-D
6/5/2020 c1 16Child of Dreams
Of course Erik would be happy about all of this...
6/3/2020 c1 Guest
It's delightful to see how Erik can truly enjoy life when everyone has to live like he always has. Somehow, this joyous behavior also saddens me as the contrast emphasized what he would come across in daily life. Especially knowing that discrimination never stopped, despite our claims of being an advanced society.
-W.
6/2/2020 c1 18helloitskrisha
Hahaha I can definitely see a modern-day Erik acting like this because of the pandemic. XD We're all currently living in Erik's dream world, aren't we?
6/2/2020 c1 MyNina
Nice to read another story from you, I hope you are well!
The Lockdown is definitely Erik' s chance to live like any other society member, I agree to your idea that he would have loved the situation :-) Living like anyone else... his dreams came true over night!
I wish you all the best, stay safe and healthy!
Many greetings from Nina
6/1/2020 c1 10angelofnight
Spot. On.

Hope the emphasis showed through.
6/1/2020 c1 MarilynKC
Makes a lot of sense! Good story.