for An Intriguing Tradition

7/15/2020 c8 2Sylea
A great chapter as usual! :D
I already told you, but I love the way you wrote Levana, really well done!
Also Asteria will be interesting to follow, she would probably try to make the other girls leave one way or another, while she would gain Levana's trust.
7/14/2020 c8 Cookiedoodles168
Oh my gosh first day in and Levana nearly spooned a girl’s eyes out. Wow Asteria seems like a lot of work...she’s a interesting villain for sure.
7/13/2020 c8 1blueroses18
Omg I loved this! Getting to see sid speak more openly with his father and confront his mom like that (and holy shit, eye gouging? Really? On the first night? Why not just execute a girl the second she walks in the door while you’re at it?). But I thought Sid’s attempt at organization was cute and character building. Also Asteria... is it weird that I like her. You gotta have a go-getter. A ruthless politician and manipulator. Makes a story interesting. I’m excited to see how she tries to manipulate the other girls, Sid, and if Levana falls for it.
Great chapter! I’ll fill out the rest of the forms questions tn!
7/13/2020 c8 2fata orphei
oh daaaaaang the queen had a full freak out over a tiny hand mirror. Also can’t wait for Asteria to get eliminated LOL she’s so ruuuuude.

Anyways i’ll try to get those questions answered for you soon! AND i’ll try to start lengthening my reviews again
7/12/2020 c5 fata orphei
Sorry i’m so late to the game! working on catching up now (apologizes if i don’t review every chapter)

With the journey to the past chapter title i was like watching out for someone inspired by Anastasia LOL, don’t think there is. Lyza and Sid’s moment was cute though, I chuckled at their disgust at the thought of declaring their love for each other.

I don’t yet know what myth Lyza and Zaire are but i’m tired so that might have something to do with it. Great chapter though! excited for the selection to start :))
7/12/2020 c8 Abandonedaccounthmm
By far the BEST chapter so far. I know I said this before, but I'll say it again: I didn't read TLC, so I don't know Levana before this, so I may just be complimenting Meyer here, but you wrote Levana in such a complex and brilliant way. I absolutely adored her little moment of vulnerability - even the queen has her limits. If she doesn't get redemption, I'll rage.

I actually reread the last part several times - I couldn't get enough of her collapsing and dropping the spoon! Asteria is just... I'll explain in the next few paragraphs. I can't wait to see Crystal and her interact, as the current only Artemisians! I can't wait for you to put Crystal into use - Levana will love her! After all, she was made for Levana's rather not-very-trustworthy sidekick!

I have a teensy little feeling that Asteria is going to be redempted too - because she has a tinge of second thoughts here and there. But - of course - before that, she'll have to torment the girls and cause drama - that's just how mean girls work!

Asteria's ambition is well-rooted - I actually applaud her for being bold and brave enough to try and achieve such a high goal as marrying into royalty. A few sentences hint that she wasn't treated very well at home - her parents don't believe in her, others shun her. While this may be because they are Artemisians and/or Asteria is just the rudest person in the world, she still deserves to get some credit. Real spoiled rich girls always try to be kind at first - but others just end up stereotyping them so they end up playing along for basically the rest of their life. This comes from a girl who was exactly that - so many misconceptions, added to the fact that I was constantly such a big mouth! This is where the rich girl stereotype plays in - it's subtle at first but then it explodes out of control, and you suddenly find yourself hated by the so-called "popular" girls when in reality they think you're the "popular" one - hypocritical, huh?

I was on the TLC wiki the other day, and I was immediately interested in Levana - It's pretty sad. Her story is sad, but she just has to keep going. I think she's just emotionally scarred. The reason for her tyranny isn't because of the power - in my opinion, I think it's because of the pressure that slowly builds up as her life goes on. She's pressured to never show her real self, to do whatever she was taught as a child. In a way, she isn't controlling everyone - everyone is controlling her, but it's just under the guise of power. It's sad, depressing, and just heart-breaking. I want to see more of Levana in her weakness.

Overall, this was a perfect chapter - absolutely can't wait for the next!
7/12/2020 c8 1The-Sweater-Sloth
Great chapter! Loved the drama
7/3/2020 c7 Cookiedoodles168
I really loved all three girls in this chapter! You wrote Ariella perfectly, and Fia and Lan were awesome! I wonder which fairytales were they inspired by!
7/3/2020 c7 The-Sweater-Sloth
Great chapter! You are doing great with Lán, she is totally how I imagined her. The other girls were great to.
7/3/2020 c7 2Sylea
This was a great chapter! :D
We get to know few more girls, and I'm really excited to see them meeting Obsidian and Levana! :D
I'm not sure if these girls have fairy tale inspiration, I have to admit I'm pretty bad at guessing. My only guess would be Lan to be Mulan inspired?
Anyway they all look amazing, and the kimono dragon is so funny! ;)
7/2/2020 c7 5LoganPerdue
Enjoyed the chapter! :D
7/2/2020 c7 Abandonedaccounthmm
Yess! I was waiting for this for so long!

You fixed the problems I talked about PERFECTLY! Perfectly, I say! I can never be such a great writer as you! It's like you're good at everything - writing, being nice, etc.

You portrayed all the characters quite well, and I got to learn about them. It felt so rich - such a detailed chapter with complex thoughts. The overall tone of the story makes it even better!

How I wish I could write like you!

A bit salty that I didn't get to learn Ariella's fav element though! I'm guessing her fav element is coffee, then! jk!
6/29/2020 c6 1blueroses18
Hey! Sorry for the late review, but omggggg I think this was my fav chapter. Sid is such a gorgeous character and I loved seeing his reactions to all the girls! It was so genuine and for someone who’s never seen an earthen before, I think he was fairly impressed! I’m intrigued by Fia... not quite sure what her fairytale is but I want to know more! Also fuck Levana for toying with his feelings. This boy needs some love in his life. Always love to see Zaire, and aw! He wants to apologize. My heart. Anyways, poor Kai, he just can’t seem to get a break, but what did we expect. I really want to see him enjoy his life a little lore or at least have some closure. Idk. Loved this chapter! So excited for more!
6/25/2020 c6 Abandonedaccounthmm
This was phenomenal. I LOVE seeing both Sid and Kai - Levana was SPOT ON! Now that I've seen some of The Selected, I wish that I had submitted someone else than Fia - a girl based on a villain - but no, I didn't, I lost my chance. I would do anything for Levana's approval (jk). The scenes felt too real and the tone of the overall story is beautiful. I'm so excited for the next chapter!
6/25/2020 c6 1alexiaroosenhaan
ahh this was so good! I really liked Lyza, as well as everyone else we met! everything about this story is so interesting, and I love all the little details that are included that develop the story! I can't wait to see how all their relationships progress!
93 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »