for An Intriguing Tradition

6/20/2020 c4 3LoganPerdue
I can't wait for chapter 5, you are so great at writing!
6/19/2020 c3 2fata orphei
Aww Danya is such a sweetie I feel so bad for her! Especially the hands thing, like having them chopped off in a gate...ouchie. Sounds absolutely terrible. I also love her relationship with Shahira! She's def Arabian Nights, and I'm so here for it bc I love that tale.

AND THEN SNEEZY. Ma lil morbid grandma. I loved her interaction with Katerina ;-; it was so cute. Especially that last line.

I'm excited to see more of the girls!
6/19/2020 c3 1blueroses18
Oooooo I love meeting the girls! First of all, Danya is precious and I’m guessing this is like an Arabian nights type deal - the thing with the stories and Scheherazade and all that Jazz, which is beautiful. But this king! Omg that’s awful I want to know more abt how Danya and her sister found themselves in that position so I’m looking forward to hearing more abt her.
Ngl, I think I love Zhana. She’s weird. Not really quirky Bc I hate that word, but weird. I have absolutely no clue what her story is, but I’m intrigued to find out! Also, she’s a lunar living on earth so that outta be fun. I’m reeeaalllyyy excited to see more of her and how she interacts with the other girls she’s so intriguing. Great chapter! You’ve set up this world beautifully and I’m ready to see where it’s gonna go.
6/18/2020 c3 2goldhue
i'm so excited to join this story! i think so far you've done a great job and you've set up a really intruiging premise. i really love arabian nights so that automatically means i love danya too. i'm super interested to see where she'll go in the story! zhana sneezy and it still cracks me up. so far she seems kind of the 'i'm not like other girls'-girl so i wonder where she'll go development-wise! her babushka is amazing and the last line was just gold. can't wait for more!
6/18/2020 c3 20GreenWithAwesome
Oooo, interesting! I usually struggle reading from a Selected's perspective because they often muddle together in my head, but you do a great job at distinguishing them both here.

I love the immediate conflict you present with Danya and Shahira's situation! Guess the whole telling stories thing wasn't gonna' work forever... Zhana's story was less intense, but I do enjoy learning more about the world, especially from Zhana's view since she's so reviled for being a cyborg. I know Danya is based of Scheherazade, but is Zhana based off... Sneezy from Snow White? I legit have no idea, lolol.

Great stuff! Keep writing :D
6/18/2020 c3 7ArieneDirecrest
Great chapter! I like meeting the girls a bit before, I think it helps build their character a bit. It was nice meeting two of the selected. If I had to guess, Danya is Scheherazade from One Thousand and One Nights but I honestly have no clue what fairy tail Zhana comes from.
6/18/2020 c3 2Sylea
Great chapter! :D
I didn't know if we would have some Selected's points of view, but I'm glad there are, it helps getting to know them. :)
So since I'm a goldfish, I don't remember all the fairytales' inspirations, but my guess for Danya is pretty easy: Sheherazade, or at least her sister. And for Zhana, I think I remember something about Baba Yaga?
Anyway, they are awesome, and I can't wait to meet the others! :D
6/13/2020 c2 2fata orphei
Aw this chapter was so cool! So i see Iko is coming into the selection :eyes: that’ll be interesting. And wow I applaud Sid’s restraint in not like having that girl arrested or smthg for trying to manipulate him, but dang i guess if she managed to succeed if only for a moment he might get in more trouble for not managing to like block her out or anything. Nice chapter! Hope to see more soon :))
6/13/2020 c1 1alexiaroosenhaan
this is such a great idea! the whole concept of combining the lunar chronicles and the selection is so unique, and I'm very excited about it:) the fact that cinder died and kai is still heartbroken over it makes me wanna cry, but overall, the whole plot is very intriguing! I can't wait to read more!
6/13/2020 c2 3dreamerdash
I love the creativity in this story! I’m not familiar with TLC at all, so I don’t necessarily understand any references you make here. But, as a story, this is such an interesting concept. I love the characters’ dynamic and their messy relationships. The worldbuilding so far seems unique and I can’t wait to see the plot unfold!
6/12/2020 c2 1blueroses18
Ok, buddy, I gotta say - I’m obsessed with obsidian. Like, I think this is my favorite prince that I’ve ever read in a fanfic before Bc OMFG the angst of this boy! And he’s troubled and somewhat kind and somewhat arrogant and somewhat stuck up and somewhat not at all and I LOVE reading from his perspective! I’m serious like I soaked up every word. It’s such an interesting dynamic that he and his father have Bc on the one hand they’re very close, and on the other he sort of maybe resents him a bit...? I mean he desperately want to b that cruel and confident leader that his mother is but his father is holding him back and part of me doesn’t believe that he has that in him... also there’s that thing with the earthens. His idea that he’s above them and he sort of pities them and he doesn’t see anything wrong with that... he’s an interesting guy and I can see he’s obviously a bigoted and short sighted person but he is his mother’s son. And his father’s! That what I live about Sid thus far, I literally have no idea how his mind is going to work.
As for the Thorne crew, WHOO! I mean it sucks that they’re all list and depressed and all that but like Yay! New plan! Thorne is still a fav even if he’s not the same as he used to be and awwww Iko! I want to see her make friends with the girls. That’s gonna be some sappy ass fluff that I need in my life.
As for levanna’s plan, I’m a bit scared... either all the earthens are gonna die or they’re gonna be severely manipulated or something else idk but it’s ur plan girl, just try not to break my heart too much. I’m so excited! This is gonna be so much fun! AGHHH I’m getting all smiley thinking abt it.
Ok! I’ll send u my girls later! Can’t wait for the next update :))
6/12/2020 c2 20GreenWithAwesome
This chapter was simply divine. Your writing is so good. So natural and rhythmic and flowy (is flowy a word? It is now!). Not only that but you capture the heart and charm of the original characters so well. This honestly felt like reading a Marissa Meyer book. Splendid work!

Wow, you really had to do that to Thorne though, huh? That flashback scene was brutal. I feel so bad for him but I also think it'll be interesting to see how the turn of events challenges him, perhaps helps him overcome his grief. I love Iko and Scarlet as well; Iko's effervescent bounce and Scarlet's sharp-witted grumbling. Scarlet's my favourite of TLC's heroines so I'm so glad you do her justice here. I suspect Iko's plan is going to be totally wild. Can't wait to see how they pull it off. Are they going to rob a bank for univs?!

And we meet Obsidian! I'm very glad you went with Sid and not Obi Wan Kenobi, so as not to prompt the Disney ninja to your door. I like how he's kind of warring between doing his best for his mother and not; it's such an interesting inner conflict that I'm sure will come to head at some point. Poor Kai (I think I'm gonna' be saying that a lot) has to somehow balance Levana and now his son too. Their relationship is sweet; it's father and son, but also like... comrades in arms against a common enemy.

I am threading ideas for a character as I type, so expect her soon. Great chapter! Keep writing :D
6/12/2020 c2 2Sylea
I know I already wrote it to you, but let's say it again!
It's nice having two different points of view.
It was sad reading Thorne still had nightmares about Cress's death. You described pretty well how he was feeling trapped by Levana.
Also, if Iko ends up as the Selection coordinator, I would be so happy, I love Iko, and having her in the story, especially close to the girls, would be a great adding! And I'm pretty sure that even with a new body, Kai will recognize her, and maybe help her, like 2 decades earlier. He would also feel less depressed having a friend I guess.
Then, Obsidian part was really interesting, because it was our first time getting to know him. I love his relationship with Kai.
Levana's plan is still unknown, I wonder what it is.
Anyway, I love your writing! About the updates, don't feel pressured! :)
6/12/2020 c2 Abandonedaccounthmm
Ooh! This looks so good! I love both POV's! I love the conflicts that you're hinting at!
6/9/2020 c1 20GreenWithAwesome
Ooooh, what an interesting idea! (Though I guess you could say it is... intriguing... geddit? Yes? Okay, I'll go.) I do solemnly love both the Selection series and the Lunar Chronicles, and I never thought a crossover was possible. This is a promising start! I'm excited to see a world where Cinder failed and Levana rules with Kai and earth in chains. Looking forward to meeting Prince Obsidian too (Please tell me he has a nickname. Dian? Sid? Obi Wan Kenobi?).

Poor Kai! I loved his internal monologue. Very fitting to set the mood and tone, and establish what's going on. Levana on the other hand, ooooo. I have to admit I pitied her a lot in the OG series when she didn't deserve it, and that remains here. She seems so... lonely. I'm most looking forward to seeing the dynamic between her and the Selected, as well as her and Obsidian, as I cannot fathom her being loving in any capacity.

Great start! I'll see if I have any character ideas lurking in my brain. Looking forward to more. Keep writing :D
93 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »