for The Red Swordsman: Lost Wish

12/31/2020 c5 1Joeclone
Round 1: FIGHT!
I liked this chapter a lot. The strategic buildup to the fighting was very good. You snuck in some funny moments too. I liked the kiss Mataras gave Rivka. Had me laughing at the presenter guy as well as fuzzy inside from the feels.

I wonder how the team will get through this round? And if they do, who will they tag out for Strea (if I’m remembering the rules right?)

Happy New Year, Mataras! Let’s all hope things get better next year.
12/28/2020 c5 Ethan Kironus
I enjoyed the descriptions of the fights; the varying levels of detail helped it flow really well-when you say a character has alchemy as an ability, does it ever entail them clapping their hands together, followed by blue light? Also, does the name "Eugene" sound familiar to anyone else?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but my gut instinct is that Yuuki's late arrival isn't so simple. These things do happen, but Sinon's ability makes it rather easy to hide the Chekhov's Gun...

I only even found you on this site because Marcus Cersy used Mataras (the character) in The Arctic Swordsman: Watchman of the Stars ("And who is that guy running around in red?"). I honestly thought Mataras was his for most of it.

Joeclone's review is what really speaks to your success at engaging with readers-I forget the exact term, but there's a TvTropes page for this sort of thing, where fanfiction gets made for fanfiction (and you already got that with Fated Incursion, for Fire Sword).

And congratulations on the house!
12/24/2020 c5 TriforceHero
Great chapter that made Christmas Eve all the better Mataras. Cant wait to see the next part of the Moonlit Black Cats first round fight. Also, seeing even though the law will change so crimes in SAO will be absolved, I can see someone not agreeing with this and trying to get revenge on Mataras. They do say the past will come back to haunt you, and it seems Aincrad isn't ready to let Matras out of its clutches yet. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
12/24/2020 c5 2KiroZen
For all that Mataras says that he's over Aincrad, it's pretty clear Aincrad isn't over him yet. As for Arbalest Demon Wing...I can only speculate as to what comes next.

Merry Christmas.
12/24/2020 c5 1Naruto Sakura Uzumaki
This was a GREAT chapter! Loved the fights so far! Can't wait for the continuation of the Black Cats fight in the First Round next chapter! And Happy Holidays to you and your family Mataras!
9/25/2020 c4 Ethan Kironus
Happy to see you back! The chapter's really well executed, albeit with a few spelling errors {they're all small enough that it would be pretty difficult to find them again, except for one: At the first mention of the Moonlit Black Cats' name, it was written as "MoonliGHt Black Cats"}. And thank you for answering my review agreeing to put "You activated my trap card!" in there.
9/22/2020 c4 TriforceHero
This chapter was intense in its own way Mataras. Despite what people think, not every chapter needs action to have an intense atmosphere. From the previous Red Swordsman stories I have read, I am not surprised that Mataras has someone after his head already. Hopefully within time, the Moonlit Black Cats Guild will be turned into one people don’t just associate with the Death Game. Can’t wait for the tournament matches to begin!
9/22/2020 c4 Naruto Sakura Uzumaki
Even with no action, this chapter was great! Sumeragi and Seven finally make an appearance for the first time (in the same chapter)! Also, I'm just happy to know that you WILL be putting at least one or maybe two Yu-Gi-Oh! duelists in the tournament! Can't wait to see how you will write those battles!
9/22/2020 c4 1Joeclone
About my last review, thank you for the clarifications! I completely forgot about Rain’s weather quirk!

This chapter was so intense! SUMERAGI IS A FROST DEMON!? I can already imagine that he looks a lot like Cooler, but without a faceplate or red eyes. The people who recognize Mataras are very interesting. I’m curious how the gang will go about making a new reputation for the guild. I like that Karuto guy, he seems very friendly.

I’m in the process of building my character for this story’s universe, as a personal venture. I worked out that he’d recognize Mataras and Kirito from SAO, so far not much else.
7/20/2020 c3 Joeclone
Alright I’m starting to get a better idea of everyone’s power sets. Lessee here...
Mataras - Saiyan
Kirito - Shadow Dragon Slayer with a sword (nice reference!)
Saphira, Yuuki, Rain, and Sachi - Kunoichi
Rivka - Conjurer
Sinon - Requip mage.
Silica - Anivoice quirk (cuuuuuute!)
Kiriha - Fairy quirk
Strea - Basically Mount Lady.
Any of those I got wrong?
I wonder how you decided to convert Seven into JFO? That’ll be fun to see what her powers are. Would Sumeragi be a part of this iteration of Shamrock as well? I always thought of him as like a potentially fun character, just very blandly executed, but I haven’t seen the whole Lost Song story so I could be 100% wrong. Awesome chapter as always! Great fight with Hades and all the Shamrock mooks. I’ll be waiting for the next one eagerly!
7/17/2020 c3 Ethan Kironus
Sorry for the complicated review. I have just one more request for Yu-Gi-Oh! inclusion: "You activated my trap card!" is exactly the sort of thing one of these characters might say-now that I think about it, it's interesting to wonder who would be the most likely out of the Moonlit Black Cats to have seen Yu-Gi-Oh!. On another note, I most highly recommend Yu-Gi-Oh! Vrains if you ever feel like checking out the fandom. Not counting Sevens, which is ongoing, it's the shortest out of all of them (120 episodes), has a strong and cohesive story, and centers around VIRTUAL REALITY/Ai (you'll get the joke if you watch the first few, and I only capsed it because bolding wasn't possible).
7/16/2020 c3 TriforceHero
Another awesome action packed chapter. I laughed a little imagining the look on Mataras's face when He said "Check it out, I got a Dragon Ball", like it was no big deal they had just taken down a powerful boss. I will have to go back to the Slayer story and reread some of it to remember the powers Kirito used in that story. Looking forward to seeing the character artwork on your Instagram Page here soon. Keep the chapters coming Mataras.
7/16/2020 c3 1Naruto Sakura Uzumaki
Another great chapter, and with lots more action to boot! I'm glad that the story WILL cover the tournament! And don't worry about what I said in my review last about the extra characters. It was just another suggestion. I'm not disappointed at all. I just wish Jump Force actually included Yugi/Atem (the Pharaoh) in the story, or even did Side Stories/Events for Yugi and Kaiba... If by chance this isn't too much, would it be possible to add either of the Yugioh characters or their powers/abilities into the story? It would at least make for an interesting event, since the actual Jump Force game missed a perfect opportunity to do one...
7/16/2020 c3 2KiroZen
Good luck getting access to Seven for a quick chat, she's probably constantly hounded by Shamrock when in public, and if they see you, there's basically no chance they'll talk it out with you.

And the Bloopers section is very nice, as is the callback to Slayer.

As for Sinon's secret gun...I have ideas on what it could be.

*Riftley's HALO/DOOM Mashup starts playing*
7/3/2020 c2 Ethan Kironus
That was interesting. So players can literally buy entire cities if they have the money? And please give Yu-Gi-Oh! some significant appearances in this. I haven't played Jump Force, but am wondering why the 'verse with the biggest success outside the manga/anime (I'm assuming here, but I think it's a fair assumption) only got 1 character in, who doesn't even figure into the plot. Kaiba could've at least provided funding for Jump Force as an organization, or turned them into a card game in-story, like how the Kaiju and Jaegers get action figures in Pacific Rim.

IRL question: so the servers, at least for Jump Force, are like multiple copies of the same dimension/universe existing independently, with different people in each one?

And something I've been waiting to say to someone who can understand: if nobody has tried to make VRMMORPGs-FullDive or not, though preferably the former-a "reality" yet, SOMEONE needs to get started ASAP. Throw in a little Covid-19 and you have the best probability of success any not-yet-existent industry has ever had!
24 Page 1 2 Next »