for Naruto Fanfiction Writing Guide

6/12/2020 c1 Guest
Thank you. That was helpful.
6/14/2020 c1 2TheSlySage
i agree with most of this,

in addition to this every fic needs balance. Naruto is cool... but he doesn't need to know all 5 elements and all the subelements by the end of chapter 2...

And if you plan on doing this you better damn well have some rediculously overpowered antaganists. Like they would all have to be ootsutsuki level. or a war is actually happening and it requires them making ridiculous level child shinobi.

pairings... While there is nothing wrong with NaruHina or NaruSaku, most readers are bored to death of these pairings as most of us have been reading fics about Naruto for half a decade or more. give us something fresh in this regard.

Secondly, if it is your first fic do not write a harem, it will most likely suck and you will not write believable character interactions as those are stupidly hard to get in a way that actually sounds plausible. just stick to a single pairing or a difficult love triangle between him and 2 girls trying to figure it out.

voicing and dialog. Spend some time and learn how the characters actually talk, many decent fics with great plot concepts are ruined solely because the author has no idea how the Characters speak and just simply voice everything how they would speak and this ruins EVERYTHING...

Create actual conflict points and resolutions in your story. Make your characters accomplish and fail at stuff.

anyways I'll leave it there but I am in agreeancw with 98% of this list