for A Place to Call Home

6/25/2020 c5 EagleHasLanded
Fun chapter. While I'm sure chapters with the Weasleys will be awkward (but needed to "dump some baggage"), I look forward to Harry's scenes with Daphne and Tracy, along with Teddy.
6/25/2020 c5 8Freudentraene
The chapter really surprised me. I suspected Harry would meet Daphne while shopping, but I didn't expect her to be a clerk in the clothing store xD
I was also surprised that they already knew each other. Of course, that made conversation between them a lot easier.
Daphne No Name doesn't sound nice, but I really like Daphne Potter! :)
6/21/2020 c1 Guest
"He had sacrificed his childhood, his teenage."

... he had sacrificed his teenage ... what? Teenage years? There's definitely a word missing both in the chapter and the story summary/blurb!

"the object you stole was detrimental to the death"

The word you were looking for is instrumental, otherwise Harry would have actually helped Voldemort stay alive.

"Ragnork"

In canon, the name is actually "Ragnok" without the r. It could possibly also be "Ragnuk", which was the name of a past goblin king's name.

"go over this page congaing the accounts"

I think that was supposed to be "containing"?

I don't know in which direction you are going to write this, but I am eager to discover it. Thanks for sharing!
6/22/2020 c4 Freudentraene
I really liked this chapter. I always find it nice when Kreacher appears in a story because I like him and he was so adorable in the seventh book, even if his betrayal of Sirius was of course terrible. But in all fairness it must be said that Sirius also treated him like dirt...
The letters from Harry's friends were very interesting. Hermione seems sympathetic, Ron and Ginny ignorant.
Since you yourself raised the question of whether Hermione and Ron are together, I'm of course curious to see how you will portray that. I could always imagine that they would date each other at some point, but I found marriage and happy family life like in canon very unlikely. The same for Harry and Ginny. I found Harry's thoughts about Snape and Dumbledore very fitting. You can respect Snape, but naming your son after him? Ridiculous!
I really like how Harry gradually creates his own life for the first time. For once, he is free and can make his own decisions, even if he will of course always be the center of attention. I'm curious to see how you'll introduce Daphne and Tracey. Maybe when he's shopping? Or in the ministry? I think the former is more likely because I see no reason why Harry should run into them at the Ministry, even though we don't know anything about them yet, of course. Perhaps Daphne's father is also involved in the politics of the Wizengamot. We will see, I guess. However, I think their encounter will happen by chance.
Looking forward to the next chapter!
6/20/2020 c2 JBern
A rather enjoyable start. I like your version of Professor McG. The interactions with the Goblins was also interesting. Good luck continuing this.
6/22/2020 c4 wolf970
I hope u keep going this story is amazing so far
6/22/2020 c4 welcome007
Looks good chapter.
Story is great.
And the update rate is consistent.
Cant wait to read more.
6/22/2020 c3 welcome007
great so far
6/22/2020 c2 welcome007
great
6/22/2020 c1 welcome007
nice
6/22/2020 c4 EagleHasLanded
I'm enjoying your story. It's a believable Harry wanting to figure out what's next after the war and where his priorities lie. Looking forward to the future chapters.
6/22/2020 c4 The Edible Scump
Enjoyed this chapter. This story seems pretty awesome. Thanks for writing.
6/22/2020 c3 The Edible Scump
Awesome. I like post-DH stories where Harry is actively involved in Teddy's life.
6/22/2020 c2 The Edible Scump