for Sixteen Changes Of Scene

1/9 c14 21Tuttle4077
Aw. You gotta feel for poor Schultz. He always gets the short end of the stick. But if a perfect strudel is all that's needed to make up for losing his three day's pass, then I think it's safe to say he's their enemy in name only.

I've been enjoying all these poems thus far and can't wait to read the rest.
1/9 c2 Tuttle4077
That was delightful! I loved it.

It's so fitting that Carter would accidentally buy a horse. And he's so sweet for telling an injured Newkirk his tale to cheer him up. Though he might protest, I think Newkirk enjoyed the tale too. And even if he didn't, it doesn't stop him from caring for Carter.

I don't know why, maybe it's the whimsical way you wrote the poem or because I've been reading a lot of Dr. Seuss to my girls, but I pictured all this in my head as if it had been drawn by him.
1/9 c1 Tuttle4077
I could feel the cold.

You describe each of the boys and how they would react to the situation perfectly. I particularly liked Kinch's verse. He's not one to complain when there's nothing that can be done.

The boys will survive the cold. And maybe one day their hearts will be warmed by the knowledge of what their sacrifices brought about.
10/4/2020 c16 18tallsunshine12
Too precious by half! A very funny poem indeed with Newkirk making up the game rules as he goes along. I really like all of your cricket rhymes, especially the lines,"I would have found a good excuse, To stay away, goldbrick it." An actual game played out in rhyme would be worth its weight in gold. Thanks for sharing !
10/4/2020 c14 tallsunshine12
Such a tear-jerker! I think Schultz wouldn't have the heart to be really mean to the men in Barracks Two, but I like that he got a consolation prize of strudel just the same. I was nervous though that he might mean it, for he was very angry. Great, tight rhyme and not a wasted word in it anywhere. My favorite line is, "He tried so hard to never hear, nor see, a single thing."
10/4/2020 c11 tallsunshine12
Strong, tight rhymes here. Love the line, "An illusion of peace briefly reigned." It makes a humble meal in a POW camp become a monumental feast! Poor Newkirk, he'll find out some day, if LeBeau ever has a reason to seek revenge. Look out below!
10/4/2020 c10 tallsunshine12
This is how the younger Klink would have thought. Didn't he win the Iron Cross for bravery in WW II? A great character study of the 'what if' variety. I'd like to get to know that other Klink. My favorite line is, "The perfect storms which brewed in Barracks Two." Great!
10/4/2020 c6 tallsunshine12
This is incredibly funny. I laughed out loud several times, especially after I realized in the second stanza that they were all in 'drag.' For me, the best line was, "From two bedraggled Damsels in distress." Newkirk's insouciance (I like that word) in his outfit made being all dolled-up all that much harder to bear for his comrades: "Gently swishing silk, A soothing sound" - great! Thanks, again!
9/18/2020 c4 tallsunshine12
Is that Major Hochstetter? I liked him. He was so cute when he got mad at Klink.
9/18/2020 c3 tallsunshine12
Good description of how close it can come in war to ending life.
9/18/2020 c1 tallsunshine12
A great overview of camp life in winter and all the sacrifices made.
8/17/2020 c1 95pronker
11111!
8/7/2020 c11 32GrrraceUnderfire
I have eaten squirrel more than once. It's really pretty good. It tastes sort of like rabbit. Even so, I have a funny feeling that LeBeau should keep pretending he got hold of some lamb. What he doesn't know won't hurt him, but what he does know might hurt LeBeau. He's very resourceful, and it really was a very nice, protein-packed treat for his friend!
8/7/2020 c6 GrrraceUnderfire
I think we can all agree that NONE of them are attractive as women. Not at all. Sorry, boys. However, the episode always makes me laugh, and one reason why is that Newkirk definitely has some swish and shimmy, which the other two do not! The only thing that bothered him seemed to be whether his mascara was running. This poem captures that contrast with excellent humor, and also takes us deeper into the story by showing him taking pity on his pals by making their costumes a little more comfortable.
8/7/2020 c4 GrrraceUnderfire
It's interesting that we know who's being chased, but it's not quite clear who is doing the chasing. It could be Hogan. It could be one of the others, most likely Newkirk in my opinion. (That view is influenced by this story exactly - it's an idea I've seen in other stories, and I like the idea of him as a spy after the war.) One thing I really liked is the the slow build up to the revelation of who has been caught. I feel tempted to add the "Boom!" to the ending.
69 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »