for The War of the Worlds

7/26 c1 1Nihilus's Apprentice
Seriously underrrated story.
1/16 c1 Evil and Proud
Excellent adaptation.

A very fusion of Wells and Rowling. It does seem that the Martians know about magic, considering the Medusas were targeting magical castles and whatnot.

And so ends a chapter of human history, with the death of the wizarding secrecy.
9/9/2020 c1 Ann Jinn
Lovely twist and incorporating magic. Great job.
8/27/2020 c1 BorderLand
Clasic, all it takes for humans to work togheter is a greater threat to force them in that position. Millions died but magicals and mundanes are finnaly working for the same goal. Voldemort joined Harry's side now and technology will advance by decades in a few years.

All around humans come out better then they were before.
7/3/2020 c1 ChrisW96003
both whipped out; helpless."
both wiped out; helpless."
7/3/2020 c1 macrossboy
Wow. Best Adaptation in H.G Wells History (with all due respect to Tom Cruise, Dakota Fanning, and the rest of the cast / production / writers for the 2005 film).
7/3/2020 c1 marebear8484
Excellent! I wasn’t sure when I first started but it was really good.
7/2/2020 c1 1DesertSandBox
i really enjoyed this will you end up making a sequel to this with the next mars attack?
7/2/2020 c1 1a.a.rogers
I would point out that the surface of the Earth is about 71% water; of the remaining 29% that is land, a significant majority is made up of vast deserts and plains, mountain ranges and rain-forests, and the poles. In fact humanity has built up very little. As an example, in the UK (a very highly dense country), built-up areas consists of 6% of the total land. This means that it is supremely unlikely for many meteorites to land uniformly near major cities.

Second point is that, as the meteorites are coming from a single direction (Mars), in a short space of time they cannot fall all over the planet if they were natural. They would fall into an area and that area would track around the Earth as it rotated during the day.

Conclusion: for a scientist or military officer, such an outcome would be immediately suspicious. After all, as Ian Fleming once said, "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, thrice is enemy action."
7/1/2020 c1 2GOgTOOA.6097004
I'm not even done with this ch/story & I have to say one thing(I"ll review again after I read it all). Wizards aren't inovative with ways to keep themselves safe unless they're waring, like Voldy. Y didn't they use anti cap sizing charm or even fly? What was wrong w/ flying? Y didn't they brew the felicious luck potion either? Y don't the wizards fighting the Martian Medusia? Well all teh wizards besides Voldy's crew? He's prob to arrogant to use felicious potion, good riddance. So the Order & Ministry should secretly use felitious potion, esp if Dumbledore is still alive
6/30/2020 c1 Daniel6
It might surprise most people, but the novel is set in London. Most of the adaptations have it in America. And I'm amazed that you created a different Achilles' Heel for the Martians. And the icing on the cake is Harry & Hermione being together.
6/29/2020 c1 Bonsly24
This was fantastic. :D
6/28/2020 c1 d1n0s
Wow, that was really well written. It was funny how obvious when you think about it the aliens were going to meet their doom was in 20/20 hindsight of course.
Looking forward to more of your work.
6/28/2020 c1 32unlikely2
Ingenious premise. Well told.