for How Did This Happen?

8/14/2020 c6 135Lushcoltrane
Overall, I agree with your points. But I think the worst character on the show, in terms of actions against others, is Robbie. First, he lets Rex say all the nasty things he doesn't have the guts to say. But he does far worse. In "Who Did It To Trina?", at the end of the episode, it's revealed that Rex 'cut' the gimbal on Trina's harness. That was a potentially fatal attack and obviously couldn't be done by a puppet. I see Robbie and Rex more as the Ventriloquist and Scarface - Arkham Asylum residents & his puppet in the Batman stories - where the human does whatever the puppet 'tells' him to.
8/11/2020 c6 xHelgaSinclairx
Thanks for your opinion! I agree and Tori is still my favorite character, which is strange as I usually like the sarcastic bad girl lol, but there is something about Tori that is hard to dislike for me. I hate how people complain about her, there is something to be hating on for all the characters, only now it seems people jump on the bandwagon and say Tori is a worst character. Leading to Victoria Justice being a bad person? I don't get how people hate on her for something they didn't like about Tori.
8/11/2020 c6 99ScottyBgood
Never hated Tori, despite how easy it is to hate someone who is just better, without trying, cause life doesn't work like that. I do, sometimes, forget Jade's darker side, and that's not good. owning who you are and who you were is important. Course, given the way Beck's treated Jade, including how he fed her insecurities in the early episodes, I can see how I saw her as a bit of a victim.

However, the mean girl with a heart isn't just popular in Victorious. I've seen other shows with similar ideas, where the mean girl gets to show layers, and becomes one of the most popular and interesting characters. Fully developed, such characters show growth, something someone who's already practically perfect doesn't. I guess it's why Rocky Maivia flopped, but The Rock succeeded. he had to go bad so he could develop a character, who he was, and in that redemption, we found something to believe in. Santana from Glee, Sage from Knight Squad, Ryan Evans from High School Musical 2, Sharpay Evans from later, as she discovers her good side, and no doubt others, all have trod the same path, and had the same reaction from the fans. We, as viewers, want someone to root for, and when the main character, the good person, is already winning all the time, we quickly let go and focus instead on a side character who's struggles and achievements feel more real. And that's even in a faerie tame like so many high school comedies turn out to be. Of course, again, that's really just my opinion.

I did enjoy your essay, and found it well thought out and argued.
8/11/2020 c6 solisticio
I have been thinking about this too but I'm just going to comment on the part where people claim tori to be boring and therefore hate on her. As much as the writers usually have the main protaganist as bland as possible, if anyone would rewatch the show and analyse Tori far enough, she does have some unique qualities to her character. Although not as layered as Jade, she is definitely more than "whiny, self-entitled bitch" the haters claim her to be. I think her gimmick has to be compassion. How easily she makes friends and well she gets along with people (well, except Jade). Which could be due to the high level of empathy she possesses that draws people to her. Hell, she could even get Jade to feel comfortable enough to show her true feelings about her breakup with beck and show her nervousness when she sees her father in the audience before her play. She would really go all out just to make someone's day. Like in an episode where she has all sorts of plan to make Sikowitz happy/normal again. If anything I definitely don't see myself in Tori, but I would see her as an ideal friend to have. I like that the writers didn't write Tori all perfect because there will be times where we let our emotions run which leads to bad actions. At the end of the day we all make mistakes.
8/10/2020 c6 138Invader Johnny
I like this essay, it certainly gives several good points and while Jade is my favorite character, Tori is the most relatable to me, that being said indeed her good deeds certainly outweigh the bad ones.

8/10/2020 c6 Mokingjay
Review en español, sorry my english sucks

En el capitulo del abecedario donde Tori besa a Beck solo la culpan a ella, sin embargo al ser una escena de abecedario sin tener un guión o ser una escena continua Beck tuvo la oportunidad de cambiar la escena después de la letra K y él aún así decidió Besar a Tori.
7/23/2020 c5 135Lushcoltrane
I read the whole story and want more. But, from your note, I guess this is it for this saga.
7/23/2020 c5 solisticio
Oh man I thought we're gonna get more details on their one night stand. But I do like the fluff in present time. Can't wait for your new story!
7/22/2020 c5 138Invader Johnny
This is bittersweet, yes Jade lost Beck but she has Tori now in more ways than one.

7/20/2020 c4 solisticio
finale!? you can't end this fic so soon!
7/19/2020 c4 Invader Johnny
Well Beck's world got turned upside down, guess Jade really should've figured things out before she decided to say anything and have Tori in quite a situation.

As for Holly, well she should get an answer soon before she goes nuts.

7/19/2020 c3 solisticio
Really love the flashback and present time written simultaneously and I might not have read enough on this site, but so far this is the first fic I've encountered where Jade didn't try to hide for as long as she can before she admits to beck what happened. Can't wait for what's going to happen!
7/18/2020 c3 Invader Johnny
Oh boy, quite the cliffhanger, I think it's safe to say that all hell is about to break loose, Jade really shouldn't have said anything.

7/16/2020 c2 solisticio
i hope we get to see the continuation of how did the kiss led to sex as just a moment ago they were about to have a cat fight
7/16/2020 c2 solisticio
omgomg im excited where this is headed
18 Page 1 2 Next »