for A Bucket Into the Well of My Despair

8/23/2020 c1 dominique
Aw. Eileen is a sweet person and so of course is Sam and it just seems like they connected right away and that connection never faded. I see them more as special friends because romances just seem out of place on the show to put it nicely but it's a cute relationship. It was also a touching trip back into the brothers' past - I imagine it could have happened that way.
8/20/2020 c1 Jodi
Loved all the brother moments in this. And thanks for keeping it light on the Eileen parts... I am not a fan of that character.
Beautiful story!
8/19/2020 c1 jenwincart
loved it
8/12/2020 c1 blitheCoryphee
Brother bonding... then and now. Very nicely done.
8/11/2020 c1 Rosie Harrison
That was really beautiful.
Thank you.
8/6/2020 c1 2mtwin
This was so wonderful. I love how Dean can go from teasing older brother to solid rock of support seamlessly. And I can’t get enough of Sam Elieen bonding.
I really like that you threw in the aside thought about the Thai food. Something about that extra tidbit elevates the story, makes a more complete picture.
8/3/2020 c1 Yuma77
Nice. Sad, but really nice.
The Sam and Eileen friendship is very sweet. I have to say that romances, on the other hand, will never work on Supernatural. No "romance" attempt has ever been interesting or believable. It just doesn't work with the show which is about so many other things and is of course awesome and amazing for exactly what it is!
8/5/2020 c1 sandycub
This really hit in the gut! The description of what Sam had gone through that night and Dean (of course) being there for him, and knowing just what he needed - so perfectly in character!
8/2/2020 c1 Reidun Col
Interesting look back at Winchester history. Well, a possible version of it anyway.
Sam was badass even then - even though he hated that life at the time - but still and always sweet and sensitive. Dean was of course amazing big brother knowing exactly what Sam needed and doing it. Thank God (not chuck) he had Dean.
Well done.
8/2/2020 c1 kenna
Aw... that was a good read.
8/2/2020 c1 1Ginza
I thought the Sam and Eileen thing was cute at first until they tried to shove it down our throats this season, so they kinda ruined that for me. But I love your younger Sam and Dean moment here! Always love some big bro Dean taking care of Sam. I can imagine Sam would be a wreck after that. Thanks for sharing!
8/2/2020 c1 ZeldaIsis
I love your sweet moment with the boys. I have to say I am not a Sam and Eileen person.
8/2/2020 c1 1beckini
Good story.
8/2/2020 c1 waitingforAslan
Your story touched on something that always gets me when I read "hero stories": the evil people kill others with impunity but the good guys always agonize over killing them, even though they HAVE to in order to save victims. It always guts me with the power that wickedness has because it doesn't CARE while goodness cares about everyone, even those doing the evil deeds. It's a grim reality that those doing right, protecting the innocent, and enacting justice pay a deep toll, especially emotionally. In your story, Sam acted in self-defense, yet he was still haunted by what he had to do. It makes me sad that someone doing RIGHT has to suffer, yet it certainly is characteristic of someone who is truly good.

I like how Sam reacted instantly and effectively: John trained his boys well. I noticed that it is Dean, though, who cares for Sam, who is there, listening and guarding through the night, even though it wasn't something Dean wanted "to know about or discuss" but what Sam needed was more important than what he wanted. "Everything would be fine, he wasn't alone" - yes, this is exactly Dean's message to his younger brother, time after time. "Neither of them had ever mentioned that night again" and "without another word" are definitely how the Winchesters handle emotionally sensitive topics. I really like how Sam now does for Eileen what Dean did for him: he learned how to be a hunter from his dad but he learned how to care for someone else from Dean. I also think it's interesting as he leaves to be there through the night with Eileen, Dean doesn't reflect on how Sam is doing for her what Dean had done for him. Instead, Dean is considering Sam and how much Eileen means to Sam.

My favorite lines were "until there was no more power in the words, no secrets to chew on or new horrors to relive." As someone who tends to keep my deepest, most painful feelings pretty buried (I don't even write them in a journal because I don't want anyone to find them and read them), it is a reminder of the importance of talking things out. Even if there's no "resolution," just the ACT of talking is cathartic.
8/2/2020 c1 6Wildfire's Flame
Very nicely done. I loved it. Poor Sammy. I love a comforting Dean. Then there's Eileen... Traumatized over something that's not really her fault... Keep up the great work.
21 Page 1 2 Next »