for Rest for the Broken Souls

8/4/2020 c1 69Ariyah
"You know... the coming of the Lion. Listen to the end of these tales. And you will find rest for your souls."
You have a wonderful way of painting really bleak pictures and revealing hope for those who have faith. I can't get enough of it.

Ariel_of_Narnia
8/3/2020 c1 3AslansWatchman
Such as in life we fight battles that look like we cannot win, when the odds seemed stacked against us He comes and gives us the strength to fight on to the end so that we may hear, well done.
Wonderfully written, especially with Tirians last thoughts as he fights for his life and for Aslan. Some what reminds me of my own Tirian draft.
Adventures in Narnia, hmmm.. Not sure if I'd be able to commit at this time, have so much else going on, have writers block right now on several stories, things that need to get done and that have been neglected. Yet I'll be following to see the fun and maybe occasionally comment.
AslansWatchman
8/2/2020 c1 64Sophia the Scribe
Ahh...lovely job. God grant us needed though temporary rest here on earth, and everlasting rest in Heaven!
VDMA,
Sophia
P.S. Ooo, I'll have to check out Adventures in Narnia!
8/2/2020 c1 angelolady
Beautiful. Uplifting and encouraging, which is what the Word is for.
8/2/2020 c1 4SouthwestExpat
"There is only the fight to recover what has been lost
And found and lost again and again; and now, under conditions
That seem unpropitious. But perhaps neither gain nor loss
For us, there is only the trying. The rest is not our business."
T.S. Eliot, 'East Corker', V

It's most obvious in the Last Battle, but as you've shown, in the other Chronicles, there were long (sometimes incredibly long) stretches where it seemed there was nothing to fight for - where is Aslan? Why hasn't he come? And the last question is never really answered, not in this life. For us, there is only the task before us, the doing our utmost to do what is placed before us.
8/2/2020 c1 68WillowDryad
This is lovely. Well done.