for Sing a Requiem

9/19/2020 c14 bad-addiction
Interesting story.
Great job in not bashing any of the characters. Or overpowering and sexualising as these get thrown into fanfics super fast.
I love the youthfulness and teen angst, it's just right.
Really looking forward to knowing your scar solution will be.
9/16/2020 c14 11stevem1
This is a brilliant story. Very well done.

It more or less follows the high points of canon, but in wildly divergent ways. The horcruxes need to go and Harry thinks he needs to die, but Hermione is having none of that.

I like the character growth in both Hermione and Harry. I laughed when he set her back on her heels (emotionally) this chapter 14.

Ron is actually a good character here. He’s a decent mate, if occasionally thoughtless. I don’t like canon Ron but this version seems slightly better.

Dumbledore comes off badly, but not evil. He’s a self-appointed general sending child soldiers off to die which makes him contemptible. He’s so full of himself he’s incapable of self-doubt.
9/15/2020 c14 OnlyHHR
Great chapter! Loved Hermione’s reaction, can’t wait to see what’s next.
9/15/2020 c14 CCBottle
Fantastic writing. They feel very real. Can't wait for the next chapter and especially more of Hermione's reactions
9/15/2020 c14 Rajiv A. Rajaram
The effort you out into describing the kiss was brilliant and highly enjoyable tbh. Yes it’ll be slow burn and Hermione reacted quite believable in your work so far. Interesting to see how it develops from here
9/14/2020 c14 21katmom
He’s not confused, and she is. That’s fun!
9/12/2020 c13 katmom
Whoa! Go, Harry!
9/11/2020 c13 1Meckee
My previous review was meant for chapter 13, not chapter 1 by the way. oops
9/11/2020 c1 Meckee
I'm really loving this story so far! The ending to this chapter was really unexpected (even though I knew this was going to be a H/Hr story!), and I am looking forward to the rest of this story.

A little off topic, but I when I looked up your other stories, I realized that I had already read 2 of them and loved those as well. You are a great writer.
9/7/2020 c13 Rajiv A. Rajaram
He kissed her finally! Soooo fun after the fight etc. love it so far.
9/7/2020 c13 bdwilliams3
Excellent!
9/7/2020 c13 sasukesdoom
*gasp* Harry! how scandalous!

hehe thanks for updating
9/7/2020 c13 12ConstructiveRomance
WOOWWW I was NOT expecting that from this chapter.

Ron's explanation for not taking the items, and the ensuing conversation with HHR, tracks well I think. I'm a little surprised Hermione doesn't want all the help they can get, but you have set it up well that she feels a strong overwhelming resentment to Dumbledore. Additionally, it's been set up well for them to reject this because they know Dumbledore's plan ultimately resulted in Harry marching to his death.

I'd like to see a little more of Harry's feelings on Dumbledore's death, there must be a real myriad of feelings running through him. This take on the horcrux, Harry handing it to Hermione and their back and forth was a nice touch, I really liked it.

It's funny that the path discussed here is spiritual, mindfulness type of resolution! Anyway, I don't care so much, I'm excited to see where it's going. This is clearly a big divergence from canon which I love. Hermione's reaction is typical.

Hermione's bravery issue is interesting, and I saw you touch on this in your last fic too. We've also seen snippets of this from previous chapters - Harry being alert and quicker with his wand in times of trouble. Hopefully we get some development here and see Hermione come to realise her bravery. Interesting take on it all.

THE KISS! Bless. Love it - super excited to see how that pans out next chapter. Thanks for such a quick update.
9/7/2020 c13 AnnabethChase-Wisdom'sDaughter