for Tak the Hideous Soulmate

10/18/2020 c1 ZoeyCares
Well... I certainly want a sequel...
9/14/2020 c1 2SpaceAndInfinity
WOW! I am not the kind of person who is typically interested in soulmate stuff, or even romance in general, but I have got to say you did an awesome job. You made me love this concept, and you are a very good writer. I would love to know if Irkens have soulmarks too; super intriguing. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I found Dib having a moment with Gaz, which was really cool. In the original series, we didn't typically see much bonding, but I really liked how you wrote it! I hope you have an awesome day, and thank you for making my night with this wonderful story!
8/13/2020 c1 46Maran Zelde
I only know the Soulmate thing from a few other crossover fics I've read, so I'm not that familiar with the franchise. Nonetheless, the concept is interesting, especially the way it's portrayed here. You'd think having the first words your soulmate says to you tattooed on your arm would make your relationships easier, but as this story shows, it's not that simple. What if, like Dib, you can't remember the exact words? Or what if your soulmate's words are really generic, like "Hello" or "How are you?" (maybe the Soulmate series answers this question).

My only criticism is that the ending is anticlimactic, but OTOH it's more realistic that way. Plus, it looks like you wanted to stick closely to the episode's original plot. Still, I'd be interested in reading a sequel where Dib is older.
8/12/2020 c1 3Tmntlover6548
I like this a lot are you going to continue this
8/5/2020 c1 Guest
This is really cool! I like the ambiguity of whether or not Tak really was his soulmate or not, but I do wish we had a little hint maybe from the ship. Something like an off-hand comment. Then again it's labeled as date so maybe that's enough. Anyway, keep up the good work! Can't wait to read more from you, especially of it's more datr!
8/5/2020 c1 137Invader Johnny
I can say this, it was interesting seeing Dib's POV when Tak came to Earth, is certainly brings into perspective what we didn't see in the episode and I loved that.

Also, Gaz telling Dib that at their age they won't find a soulmate, very true and it's nice that for once she gave her brother some comfort when he was down in the dumps.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
8/5/2020 c1 46Zim'sMostLoyalServant
I'm not usually a fan of the whole Soulmate AU concept (I've seen it pop up in so many fandoms that it feels overused and sometimes forced), but I will say that I did enjoy this story. Aside from enjoying Dib's POV of the episode, the Soulmate stuff was involved just enough to add an interesting twist to it.

Keep up the good work.

Zim'sMostLoyalServant signing off.
8/5/2020 c1 108otherrealmwriter
This was a pretty good story. Like how you worked in the episode and at the end Gaz actually was pretty insightful. I can imagine her talking to Dib like that. Nice job.