for I Lost Her Once

1/28 c15 1Paige Brooklyn Storey
I loved this story so far! I look forward to seeing what Eric’s first experience under the sea is going to be like, as well as how their climactic encounter with Ursula is going to go.
12/23/2020 c15 AndreaRei
Loving this!
11/2/2020 c15 Guest
Interesting.
10/30/2020 c15 11marati2011
Cheer up, Eric
10/30/2020 c15 6Axantur
Quite a nice chapter. I hadn't considered that Eric would also be unable to breath in the surface air, given that Ariel can, even as a mermaid, but then again, he's not been transformed into a merperson, just a human who can breathe underwater. Now, this makes for an interesting problem, in that there appears to be no way that he will be able to once again breathe the surface air. Along with other biological non-adaptations of the human body to the sea that merfolk presumably have (e.g., cold, water resistance of the skin, parasite and worm resistance, etc.), this could make his new life with Ariel under the sea quite short.

Eric's perspective was quite interesting too, as he got a taste of what Ariel went through to be with him. Just a taste though, as only his lungs and circulatory system were involved. (i.e., he didn't have half of his body ripped open and reformed).

I'm looking forward to seeing what surrounds them.
10/30/2020 c15 KathyMesser
So Eric finally drank the potion. I think Eric under the sea will be like Ariel on land. He'll be fascinated by everything. Still wondering what the price will be. Can't wait for the next chapter. Please update soon.
10/29/2020 c15 rincemermaid
Change him to his and has to had
10/29/2020 c15 kit-kat74
Excited for the update but there is a formatting issue that needs to be fixed.
10/29/2020 c15 Guest
Please fix your formatting because the chapter is unreadable as is.
10/7/2020 c14 rincemermaid
Please update
9/30/2020 c14 100lalalei
I just found this story and I love how in-depth it is! It's so great seeing an extended visit to Eric's kingdom. I hope Ariel's sisters are okay. If the original tale is any indication they might try a deal with Ursula too D: I wonder how Ariel and Eric will save the kingdom!
9/23/2020 c2 IcyImagination
I love your line: "But neither of them was to blame for the things this sea witch had done.". Too true that you shouldn't blame yourself for things you have no control over.
9/13/2020 c14 Guest
Nice chapter, enjoyed reading it.
9/12/2020 c14 Clarisse1560
Very interesting premise with a strong start so far. The two most notable aspects so far are Ariel mentioning that Triton's merfolk do eat other creatures, and the introduction of land-based mages. Only a handful of TLM fics address the former, and this is the only fic I've seen that acknowledges the latter (excluding fics set in the OUAT-verse and Disney xovers).

The development of Eric and Ariel's relationship is natural, and I also quite liked Ariel's growing friendships with Carlotta, Grimsby and the guards.
9/11/2020 c14 Guest
It is possible Eric can try constructing swimming bifins or monofins as his swimming speed will leave him helpless against most native sea creatures. It is possible using cord and stiff fabric, and he has seen Ariel's tail for inspiration. Even though the performance will be inferior compared to IRL modern materials, it could help.
49 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »