for To Become Undone, Song Fic: Harry Potter

9/26/2020 c1 8chelseaagain
Excuse me I need to warn you that the other person who reviewed you has placed your work on a community of “rule breaker” fics called “Reportable offense!”. So basically you’re being publicly shamed in a way. They did the same thing to me actually.

Here’s the community link community/Reportable-offense/101067/3/0/4/0/0/0/4/
8/24/2020 c1 6Ghost Wolf 114
Thank you for leaving a review on my story, however, it is not needed as I will soon begin to address the problems that you may have with my story.

1. I have already written to you in PM, this is for the sake of the Public, and those who may see your review and Judge my story upon it. I am not copy-n-pasting musical lyrics, I am creating a transformative work. Part of which, fall's under fair use, as more than 2/3 of my story is my own original work.

2. I will not remove "All" copied lyrics, as some are crucial to telling the story in a cohesive manner making it easier for the reader to understand. There is also the matter of the "copied lyric's" I changed the lyric's in order to fit the story's theme and match with the character.

AS I used my own word's and therefore transformed it into an original work it cannot be subjected to the 'breaking' of community guidelines.

3. I will change what I see fit, do not expect me to uproot my life to fix something that has such an impact on my story as a whole. If you had not noticed, it took me a week to log into Fanfiction and see your review.

Overall, I thank you for informing me, though I would have preferred if had fixed or changed your wording. I would have even appreciated you PMing me about your issue instead of publicly posting it like that.

You have been on this site for 5 years, and perhaps even longer if you had an alt account or had just been reading. You must know the internet by now, it is not just enough to mean no harm. You must look at your words and your actions and think of how it might come off to other people, whether you meant to be rude or not.

We do not have body language and vocal tone to judge what other people mean, we take them at face value.
8/16/2020 c1 catspats31
Since it has the copied lyrics of "It's Over Isn't It" from "Steven Universe", it breaks the following part of the Content Guidelines:

Actions not allowed:
3. Copying from a previously published work (including musical lyrics) not in the public domain.

Please remove all of the copied lyrics from your story before someone can use them as evidence in their abuse reports.

And in case you're wondering when and why that rule is made, here is the background information. Back on April 27, 2005, the admins put this message on the front page regarding songfics:

In addition, [this site] would like to address a growing problem. For whatever reason, some writers feel it's okay to copy-n-paste musical lyrics they have not written into their fiction. If you did not write it, do not post it. This has always been our policy. Please remove these entries immediately to avoid account closure.

Keep in mind that "public domain" means something that has expired intellectual properties, like Shakespearean works. And disclaimers don't cut it for song lyrics. Not even changing a few words from the original song will be enough.
8/12/2020 c1 cactus-and-umbrella
This is such a great story! It has really shown Snape's complexes and personality in a way some can't. You are seriously talented!