for Instinct

9/4/2020 c1 13Scarlett7
Beautifully written! What a joy to read this, it was just what this episode needed.
8/19/2020 c1 39Colby's girl
Fantastic! Although a very dark and bleak time between the brothers you still managed to slip in that hopeful caring bond (even if tainted with evil LOL)
8/17/2020 c1 11LadyShada
This is an absolutely beautiful piece of writing. I personally feel like you've captured Dean's thought patterns and emotions wonderfully, and I hear both boys perfectly in your dialogue. The pain, uncertainty, and fear that you were conveying hit my HARD. I felt like I was right there in the room, feeding off of it. So bravo on a job well done!
8/16/2020 c1 Guest
Awesome story as always! I love the way you write Sam and Dean! Spnlady
8/14/2020 c1 redlite
This was awesome! Thanks for writing this story.
8/14/2020 c1 589K Hanna Korossy
I like “brother anger.” :) And your point about how the snark actually saved them this case—hadn’t thought of that but it’s true (and with
Magnus, for that matter).
How like Sam to be most struck by Dean almost killing him that, if he had, no one would have saved Dean.
Very nice.
8/13/2020 c1 Shazza19
Really enjoyed this story you have always know how to write the brothers good to have you back
8/13/2020 c1 1Ginza
Oh wow. Powerful. I love it! Mark of Cain is one of my favorite parts of the show, and Jensen plays it so well. Sadly, everything they go through with it, they hardly talk much about it (ok. I guess you could say that about the whole show really...) so this was a nice read. I love your glimpse into Dean's fight to control it, and Sam's voice being the thing that calmed him. Of course it wouldTwo posts in a week, yay! No complaints here, I always enjoy your stories. Thanks for sharing!
8/13/2020 c1 DearHart
Oh, I ALWAYS enjoy your stories. Thanks SO much, Nox! XOXOXOXOXO
8/12/2020 c1 10BonanzaRocks
This was fantastic! Thanks for the read :)
8/12/2020 c1 80shadowhuntingdauntlessdemigod
I hope today was better than yesterday! I for one was super psyched to see two things in one week, so I 100% agree with your rationale ;) This perfectly fits in at the end of the episode. I love how you tied things back to both of the instincts, what they know and feel and how they react. Everything about Dean and the Mark was so well put, the power and the anger and how messed up it is that it saved both of them. Eesh. And Sam checking in on Dean when he was struggling, AH, I love these brothers and the way you write them!
8/12/2020 c1 waitingforAslan
Loved your story (as always!) A few thoughts: Dean beating on the Werther Box reminded me of him beating in the Impala in season 2 after John's death. I like how you mentioned instinct at the beginning, in the story, and again at the end. I think it's probably hardest to have to fight hard to NOT fight! I loved the contrast here: "The heated anger was muted by cold fear." I had to laugh at Sam being fully capable of arguing all night - yes, he is, as you reiterated later with him being like a dog with a bone. "The lure of unchecked power faded into a dim memory" - by his brother calling him! Your description of Dean feeling the pull of the Mark was intense and realistic. I like how you also described it as "vengeance and justice and inevitability." I like that Dean was distracted by the Mark outside the hotel room and later inside the bathroom, powerful cycles of compulsion that he has to keep battling. And Sam is there again. They are there for each other - so essential to their survival and the survival of the world. "The cold metal diffused the heat of the Mark" - again the contrast with hot and cold, as well as the way Baby is able to pull Dean back to who he really is. You really captured this horrible convoluted situation with both brothers desperate yet trying to stay in control.
8/12/2020 c1 Guest
Enjoyed it muchly! Looking forward to your next SPN fic!
8/12/2020 c1 EmilyAnnMcGarrett-Winchester
This hurt in so many ways. Love these two so much, great job!
8/12/2020 c1 ngregory763
This was amazing! I loved it.
20 Page 1 2 Next »