for Starbase One: Groundbreaking

1/12/2021 c20 1Biku-sez-Meow
Wonderful second episode, lower stakes but still keeping emotions high! And definitely a gripping epilogue, I'm super excited for the next episode.

Norths entire journey in this episode alone was so inspiring, and the whole newly introduced mystery concerning whoever first invaded the Draco's planet has me stoked for what's to come. There's so much going on. I feel like this is something that could be novelized, or published in a more official capacity. It's amazing, honestly. I feel like it would make a great miniseries, or even a comic. It just feels so much like Trek!
1/12/2021 c18 Biku-sez-Meow
I can see how the human ideal of coming together in harmony can be scary to non-humans. Heck, from the number of dystopia books there are, it's a concept that frightens humans too, and rightfully so. The definition of unity is just a few words away from conformity, and that's not far from the ideals of a dictatorship. It's a difficult line to walk between maintaining individuality and living harmoniously.
1/12/2021 c17 Biku-sez-Meow
Demons of air and darkness... I have several theories.
1/12/2021 c15 Biku-sez-Meow
Trying to be analytical here, but all I can do is gush about how cute this whole plot thread turned out to be! Just pile on the guilt why dontcha, Angie?
1/12/2021 c13 Biku-sez-Meow
Threv is going to send me into a panic attack of my own with how careless he's being about his own life. I can understand it, but my God this is serious. It's depressing as hell.
1/12/2021 c11 Biku-sez-Meow
Blunt, egotistical, casually rude, argumentative and direct. I effing love Tellarites!
1/12/2021 c10 Biku-sez-Meow
Kostopoulos (I am going to have a fit every time I have to spell that name out) Is another character I find myself liking more and more. She's such a strange collection of traits that might normally seem like they should clash, but I feel like that's what a balanced person is like. Someone who can embrace the dichotomy and not have any contrasting ideals be in conflict must seem strange to anyone on the outside, purely because people and societies tend to be polarized one way or another. I love seeing characters with that balance, especially in relation to faith. The small hints here and there we see of her through Threv paint a very strong, self-assured woman, a real pillar. I love your characters, so much!
1/12/2021 c9 Biku-sez-Meow
Food, right, that's what you saw, lol.

It's fun to see the characters start to learn what we already know, that they're seeing different things, and of course it's the more talkitive and open people who are able to communicate this to each other and then realize something's wrong. McQueen is definitely smarter than Loxus gave her credit for.
1/12/2021 c8 Biku-sez-Meow
Yikes, I felt every second of that discomfort. It's not funny anymore. Just that entire scene and imagining it was making ME uncomfortable. They're so very... much. They're nice and friendly and certainly pleasant people, but I have to agree with North here. It's a bit much. Poor Vaughn too, he's such a sweetie, and Angie reminds me so strongly of a lot of my own aunts.
1/12/2021 c7 Biku-sez-Meow
Sherene can't catch a break today! But Patel is fun, of not bull-headed. She'd probably be a great friend, but it's really no wonder she butts heads with Grum.
1/12/2021 c6 Biku-sez-Meow
I'm hesitant to believe there is any foul play here. The hallucinations seem to constantly be leading them towards the source, which is fairly innocuous if not kinda gross. Though the fact that resistance seems to be wholly futile is concerning. Even Loxus can't break himself from the grip of the visions.

Kimura, my dude, let's be real. Who didn't have a crush on Hoshi?
1/12/2021 c5 Biku-sez-Meow
Grum's not wrong, we do tend to jump straight to violence once negotiations fail. It's a fine line writers walk when making different sects of humans in space. It's like the episode of Voyager where they encountered another stranded Starfleet ship, only that one had resorted to what basically amounted to genocide. I really like that the aliens can point out the flaws in human ideals, but also appreciate the good things that have gotten them that far. It's especially interesting in Romulans and Klingons.
1/12/2021 c4 Biku-sez-Meow
Sherene is trying, I'll give her that. And Thorpe really does have an ego, albeit a charming one. Darn, I really spoiled it all by reading episode 4 first! Otherwise I'd be much more curious about his father.

Cochrane disappeared never to be seen again... Oh, that episode's coming back to me vividly.
1/12/2021 c3 Biku-sez-Meow
You do really well with conversation, I've noticed. Among a group of more than three (at least for me) it's hard to make the conversation flow organically and include everyone. I typically just end up making two or three characters talk for a while, then I remember there's another person or people, and then I have to go back and try to change the direction of the convo. Not really relevant to the story, I just thought I'd say I admired that.

I was worried about how Grum would behave regarding the Draco, they don't exactly seem inclined towards a Tellarite way of communication. I am super happy to see the Draco will be recurring characters though!

Ah see at first I was thinking a smaller clan of blue dragons, but it seems there's some sort of hallucinogen at work. And poor Threv, I really wish there was something to help regulate non-human body temperatures. That's a really good detail to keep bringing up though, it's reminiscent of Garak in DS9 complaining about the station being cold and bright.
1/12/2021 c2 Biku-sez-Meow
Crush confirmed, McQueen is amazing at naming things.

I really enjoyed North's discomfort here. I can definitely identify with the difficulties of socializing, but it's just so funny to imagine him being worried about "fraternizing" with others. It's almost elitist, but at the same time not. Introverts in command!
25 Page 1 2 Next »