for Flames of Regicide

3/6 c5 11Sultan Asil Arslan
OK. This was cool. Especially his doubts. It shows that he's still human.
3/5 c5 5Fox Boss
I think what I'm looking forward to most, if the Gaang's reaction.
1/18 c4 James-is-a-Fanboy
this is super cute I can't wait to read more! I love Azula&Zuko fics and seeing them deal with fire nation politics is just my cup of tea! Plus the Zuko/Mai is hella cute! Quick question, is this Ty Lee/Azula? IF it is I'm all for it lol
1/17 c4 3DarkFusion
Wow, this is a really good Avatar fic. Not only is your story premise interesting but you really have the central cast of Zuko, Azula, Mai and Ty Lee down really well in the writing department. They feel in character and their interactions just match well with what canon established. It's been great seeing Zuko and Azula mending their relationship as siblings in their own awkward way, you've given me the Zuko/Mai WAFF that was sadly missing from the comics and you're doing a good job mixing the banter amongst our four with the build up of the coming political intrigue. My only complaint is that I now have reached the end of what's available to read now. I can't wait to see how the reveal of Ozai's death is going to affect things from in the Fire Nation to Aang and co. The latter has me curious what that's going to mean later since Zuko's probably going to present himself as willing to negotiate with the four nations (possibly even cede some unnecessary/not-valuable territory back since if the Fire Nation's forces were stretched thing then it might be best to trim some fat to try and boost the nation's image in the bargain) but Aang and co. aren't going to be very trusting considering how their canon reunion went. Should also point out I am liking what you're doing with Azula prebreakdown, which has me wondering how this fic's take on The Search could go given Zuko probably will want to find out what happened to their mother and given Azula's going to be sane whenever that happens has possibilities. Looking forward to the next chapter whenever it arrives.
1/14 c4 lukedaduke21
Very good fic! Hope you continue
1/4 c4 Ryoji Mochizuki
11/28/2020 c4 7RedHood001
I regret not coming to this story earlier.

I am really loving the way Azula is acting towards everything here. You've actually added more to her character. True, in canon she was portrayed very well in terms of her mental instability. But I love how she's actually showing Zuko here that HE is the one practically keeping her grounded.

And I love how she figured out Ozai's entire character as it is. Because she is as much a pawn as the rest of the Fire Nation in Ozai's eyes. So I like how she knows that her standing in Zuko's eyes will always be the truth. I mean that Zuko will always be honest about his feelings for Azula rather than manipulate and convince her that he loves her. I mean, he technically does still see her as his little sister so yeah. Even in canon, he never really hated Azula that much.

I also like how you're portraying Mai and Ty Lee. They're practically Azula's best friends, the latter more so perhaps, eh? I actually love the subtle manipulation by Zuko. Azula may have noticed it but she still willingly fell into the trap so to speak.

The way Zuko acted was really good. The flaming swords, too. Brilliant touch.

I just love your attention to detail. I do wonder how Team Avatar will react to Team Regicide... quite the name, by the way. I mean, Zuko technically wants peace in a way. He was definitely against Ozai's plans to essentially commit genocide. And I love how the people of the Fire Nation are also tired of the war.

Strangely, the way things are, it may be harder for peace to be achieved. Then again, even in canon, it was hard since the comics clearly depicted how even after the war ended, there was still a form of conflict. Of course, it was settled eventually but it took some time before everything could be considered peaceful.

Oooooooooooh, I wonder how you're going to approach Ursa's Arc. Azula's change here will definitely have effects at that time as well. I actually want her to have some closure with her mother since she never really knew the truth, or she convinced herself that Ursa's love was all a lie. That is sad.

Brilliant!
11/27/2020 c4 Mernom
This is very good.
11/26/2020 c4 newboy
I am curious, how much of the world does the fire nation control at this point. The water tribes are still free, and after the destruction of the air nomads, their land was left unoccupied I think.
The Fire nation colonies were in the north western earth kingdom, and ba sing se and the territories more recently conquered by the Fire Nation made up the north eastern portion of the earth kingdom. That would mean that the Fire Nation now controls half the earth kingdom.

The southern portion of the earth kingdom contained mostly desert, and some small towns like Gaoling, which is where Toph is from, the foggy swamp, and kyoshi island; all of which is unoccupied by the fire nation. The only other city down there of note is Omashu, which King Bumi took back during black sun. That means the southern half of the earth kingdom is still intact, although without any governmental structure, aside from King Bumi. It is also more sparsely populated then the north as the majority of it is desert.

Basically Zuko could continue the war to take everything, like Ozai was planning to do, but I do not think zuko would want to do that, and it would not really make sense anyway. Quite honestly, it would make tactical sense for zuko to stop the war at this point, and focus on rebuilding, and getting the recently conquered portions of the Fire Nation to accept his rule willingly. If he revises many of the policies of the past fire lords, focuses on rebuilding, and reveals what Long Feng was really doing to people at Ba Sing Se, that would go a long way to accomplishing that. If he can get the rest of the conquered lands to accept him willingly as there ruler, then the Avatar would have no chance of dethroning zuko. It would also mean that Iroh's plan to retake Ba Sing Se would not work, not if the city by that time willingly accepted Zuko as there ruler. If the earth benders of Ba Sing Se had willing worked with the Fire Nation during Irohs attack, he would never have retaken the city.

If Zuko can do all this, and do it in time, the only land that would be left outside his control would be land that he really would have no need for anyway. The water tribes are to close to the poles, and the southern half of the earth kingdom is is more desert then anything else. Please update more, this is one of my favorite stories!
11/24/2020 c4 FuryJoe
great story
11/24/2020 c4 9Cooljoanna18
Gosh... the destruction I foresee... amazing
11/18/2020 c4 1hellfire45
Good chapter and I can’t wait to see what happens next
11/17/2020 c4 Guest
Loved this can’t wait to see what they do they are all in it
11/17/2020 c4 newboy
There are a couple of ways to get Ba Sing Se fully loyal. First there were a lot of refugees from the war that came, which caused the city to get very crowded. If Zuko offered to relocate the willing refugees to the fire nation colonies for a fresh start, some would probably take him up on that. This would get Ba Sing Se less crowed which people would probably be grateful for.

Second, he could reveal to the general populace exactly what Long Feng was doing with the Dai Lee, kidnapping and brainwashing citizens among other things. If that came out, there would probably be a lot of people that would not want the Earth King back in power.
11/17/2020 c4 GNTR96
I enjoy this chapter. I can't wait to see what would happen next. See you soon.
185 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »