for My Child is a Human!: An Emperor's Guide to Parenthood

1/2 c9 7RedHood001
I love how the title of the chapter fits with the overall theme. That being Music.

Other than more history we get of Belos' past adventures, I absolutely love the added character of Bartholomew. I also love the way Bard Magic is explained, being the most unpredictable form of magic due to its nature being dependant on the notes, the song, and the caster.

This chapter not only served to give us some moments of Belos with an Old Friend of his but also to introduce Luz to another side of her father. I love the hilarity of Bartholomew's reaction to Luz's attempt at music. Lillith's assessment was read immediately by Belos. I love how he thought about himself creating that excuse when he saw how Lillith was acting.

I really love how Bartholomew immediately read Luz's intentions for learning. It's not for the sake of learning or for herself, it's for the simple reason of cheering her father up. And I love how Belos immediately knew the song choice Bart gave Luz. It could be interpreted in different ways but I think that song would've killed the listener had Luz actually succeeded. This is also from the fact that Belos believed he would die if he heard it again.

But I love the immediate smile Belos had when his daughter asked his opinion. I actually like the fact that he thought it sounded genuinely horrible but still said it was beautiful. Another wonderful father-daughter moment.

Very well done!
12/28/2020 c9 8The Keeper of Worlds
Ahhhhhh, so sweet feels!
12/19/2020 c9 Coolskelton 91
I think it would be cute for luz and bellos to play a game of hide and seek
12/16/2020 c9 Coolskelton 91
Bellos is learning the first parenting tip: encourage your child even if there terrible at it
12/16/2020 c9 4Darkness Rissing
And also that day Belos came up with his cruelest punishment yet for those that break his law...be Luz’s test audience for a whole day
11/28/2020 c8 7RedHood001
Poor Kikimora indeed.

This was PERFECT! I love how Luz's curiosity gave us another lore about Belos. The way she was able to sort of manipulate Kikimora was nothing short of the old child reverse psychology. One of the oldest tricks in the book. Very fitting, considering Belos' penchant for his own form of... mischief.

I actually love the way he immediately realized. Luz's giggles definitely didn't help and Kikimora's reluctance over doing the deed nails it. I love how he's proud that his daughter is strong-willed enough to not immediately blurt out any information that would hypothetically exclude her from any punishments. And even though she gave Kikimora away by making Belos promise he wouldn't her, I love how she only told him of her desire to see his face.

And once again, I love the father-daughter moment these two had. The way Belos told the story really gave the sense that he LITERALLY discarded his face for a wooden mask. But I get why that would be the general tale. If his face was revealed then it could lessen the aura of power he has. But I love how he actually says that he's scared to show Luz his face.

It would definitely be such a heartwarming moment when Luz sees Belos' face with Camila. Just the three of them, having a family moment.

Belos actually thinking about sparing Kikimora for a brief moment was strangely very amusing to me. I knew it was coming but I still chuckled. This fic is really a work of art.

Very well done!
11/28/2020 c7 RedHood001
I want to review this chapter first before going to the next one. Sorry if this is late, I've been getting addicted to reading other fics. About 45 tabs opened on my phone and 17 on the computer... yeah, as I said, ADDICTED!

I actually love the new interaction between Boscha and Luz here. They're still young kids who don't know a lot so I love the way Luz thinks about the meaning of supervision. Boscha's reaction and immediate question to her mother were very funny. Also, I noticed the Fifty Shades reference. Definitely not something one should read around children but then again, the Boiling Isles is brutal in its own right.

I love the way Lilith and Trisha interacted here. Her high-class nature added with protection duties on Luz would make her seem a bit overbearing. But I actually love the way Trisha was able to tell that Luz probably won't have the chance to be a kid later on, with her status and all. I just love how she didn't even hesitate to ask Lilith about Luz's well-being as the Emperor's Daughter. She seems to be on good terms with Albert.

I really love that subtle reference to Eda's curse. Because Luz's status would have some similarities, just not the same side-effects. And I also like how Lilith had a middle ground after talking to Trisha. She's trying, bless her.
11/27/2020 c8 8The Keeper of Worlds
LOL-Kakashi moment here and I loved it.
11/21/2020 c8 24Lightblade1121
The story Belos told Luz reminded me of Ice Age.
11/7/2020 c7 8The Keeper of Worlds
LOL-excellent job here!
11/2/2020 c6 4Brocki
Valla
11/1/2020 c6 7Teloch
I hope Amity comes into the picture... along with Willow. LUMITY FTW!
11/1/2020 c7 brentdyedragon
I like how young luz will become an new ruler of the boiling isles in the future.
10/23/2020 c6 8The Keeper of Worlds
Aunt Kiki is new title for her, no doubt and I can’t wait to see how it’ll go!
10/23/2020 c6 2dirtrevor
Thanks for the new chapter but I hope you're doing alright.
70 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »