for Shields

12/23/2020 c1 Guest
I love this! This might spark some writing of my own someday, I think. Such an excellent thought and great imagery.
12/9/2020 c1 82Chica Plutonio
How beatiful! I loved it!

Interesting. I've come across so many stories in which swords always bear a name, but I cannot remember a single story in which the shield has a name. Even in the Chronicles we see Peter naminh his sword.
The concept behind the story is fascinating, and I impressed of how you created this metaphor of unknown heroes protecting others, expecting nothing in return. Is a quite moving idea.

May your siiblings be safe of the virus. They and all the other medical workers are the true heroes of real life.
11/19/2020 c1 5PadrePedro
May I, humbled after ending this very pregnant story, agree with the anding author's note?
10/7/2020 c1 SilverFishK
Thanks. I'd never wondered before about naming shields.

I have a bad memory, but I'm grateful I can trust my creator with remembering actions done for his sake.
9/28/2020 c1 4SouthwestExpat
This was really thought-provoking - the nature of shields, and how they often go unrecognized if they do their job right. But there is indeed One who sees all things, including those that go unnoticed by man, and indeed what we do not see ourselves - "when did we see You hungry or thirsty...". And He will say, "Well done, good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Lord."
9/28/2020 c1 17Pacifia
Man. Beautiful again.

I love these short, spiritual pieces of yours.

And this one hit on another level when I read your author's note.

So true that shields don't get credit. We don't show just how thankful we are. But there is Someone who knows all. And He, I know, is grateful. I'm not even religious, yet I can relate to this. Amazing work.

And I hope your siblings will be okay! It can be hard to go on when you know someone you love so dearly is in potential danger. Give them my thanks!
9/28/2020 c1 69Ariyah
I was thinking this is where you’d go with this, and it was delivered just as expected and more. That part about how everything the shield protects is etched into it as part of its construction was particularly great! (And I appreciate the HTTYD quote too.)

Ariel_of_Narnia