for Pick Who Dies

10/7/2020 c1 45WeirdLittleStories
"Bread and Circuses" crossed with "The Empath." Very Trekkian. :-)
10/5/2020 c3 34ScribeofHeroes
So nice of an ending. I hope the effort to save the planet's inhabitants goes better than the original mission. I'm glad to see Spock's selflessness, along with that of the Captain and Bones.

10/5/2020 c3 68WillowDryad
Wow. That was much more involved than I expected. Very exciting.

Your aliens are very original. I enjoyed it.
10/4/2020 c3 Kimberleah
Thank you for writing!
10/4/2020 c3 4SouthwestExpat
Whew! That was some major Whump!

But everyone is okay or recovering at leastso all's well that ends well...
10/3/2020 c2 jsilver2000
Good story! I'm confident you'll rescue them or let them figure a way out of it themselves. But I'm really curious about what is going on that the population is declining. Are they killing themselves off in nightly gladiatorial combat? Or is there something we don't know about going on?
10/3/2020 c2 Kimberleah
I am so looking forward to tomorrow! Exciting stuff.
10/3/2020 c2 SouthwestExpat
Whew!

I mean, they aren't out of the woods yet (not that they are in actual woods, any more than guns have tips...) but Bones is at alive and they just need to buy enough time for that epic phrase...

Spock was very clever, using logic to understand the Merretorian culture and use their values to his advantage, without sharing or approving. It's something I strive for but especially on personal situations, don't necessarily do wellso I love examples of it well done.

Kirk was less volcanic than I originally anticipated, but since Bones is still alive and where there's life there's hopeand it's more important to try to get out than yell at or argue with his First Officer.
10/3/2020 c2 34ScribeofHeroes
Oh, yes, very helpful those check-ins. And I did think the Merretorian bodies seemed quite different in form and function from humans and Vulcans both, and the desctiprions of the room were amazing and the voice seems so like Spock. Indeed, this is Spock as I hope he is on the inside. Kirk and McCoy seem in character too. Good job! :)

10/2/2020 c1 Kimberleah
Oh my! Luv this. Suspense on what might happen might kill me. Thanks for writing.
10/2/2020 c1 68WillowDryad
:::raises one eyebrow:::

Fascinating.

And...?

(I read this one because it's short. I hope to catch up on some of your others soon. If EVER I have time.)
10/2/2020 c1 4SouthwestExpat
Well...if you promise to finish this and not leave poor Bones like that...you won't be...too evil.

I'm not even a Trekkie and this held my interest. (With the caveat I'm not overly familiar with Star Trek) I thought you did a great job with Spock's POVcrisp, logical, but cool rather than cold. Emotions kept firmly in checkrecriminations, if any, will come when this is all over.

(I'm hoping for a positive resolution to this Whump...not that I can make a logical case for it...maybe puppy eyes will work...*tries to make puppy eyes*...)
10/2/2020 c1 34ScribeofHeroes
Yes, you are!

(sigh)

My dad and I watched this show together a lot and I think you did an excellent job. :)