for The Story of Leslie Moore

10/27/2020 c3 Guest
It really is great to read Leslie’s back story I’ve always wondered why Rose pushed Leslie into marriage with Dick it makes Sense for her to think that Leslie was attracted to Dick who lets face it is the ultimate bad boy.
It makes you realise that if Anne had married Roy she would have been just as unhappy in possibly another way
I’m really enjoying this thanks for sharing I’ve lost half my income due to Covid and reading has been and is my lifeline
10/27/2020 c3 7Formerly known as J
I am LOVING this little glimpse into Dick and Leslie's relationship. The way she climbs into the wagon without his help, and the way he knows that mud is gonna splatter all over her from the wheel. I love, love, LOVED his smooth moves, from his arm casually resting behind her on the seat, quoting poetry and trying to pretend like he wasn't showing off his mermaid tattoo OR that he didn't notice Leslie was checking it out. So much so that she missed the place she wanted to be dropped off. Of course Dick Moore was bold enough to push her up against the wheel and pash her. I adored Leslie slapping him, and then being so distracted she forgot to put the beans on.

What I loved most was how you showed Leslie's care for her mother. Even though Rose is dreamy and romantic, she is trying her best to earn a living, and it seems she is a hard worker, even if she's not all that great at housekeeping. And even if she is secretly hoping her girl would dress up for the rich men's sons. Of course we all know what's coming, so Leslie hunting out that book and combing her hair had me wanting to shout "Nnnoooo, Leslie! Don't do it!" at every turn. But you're right, Leslie could never have ended up hating Dick later if she really felt nothing for him at all, no matter what she tells Anne twelve years later. This makes her story so much more interesting, and I love it!

Everything about this story is pure kwak genius. Your descriptions are superlative and your characterisations beyond compare. Nobody else can draw me into a scene like you do, babe. I hope you won't make us wait too long for the next installment.

Fave line: Dick's rum flavoured tongue like a sucking octopus. Grrrr, I bet it was!
Also: Leslie weak-kneed and faint. Ooohh la la!
Then: Those poor ittle pies with their innards squashed by the wheel. Argh!
10/26/2020 c3 Orange Jasmine
I’m loving this story. There was so much ‘scope for the imagination’ with the details LMM wrote in Leslie’s back story. I’m still always dumbfounded by how many years (usually 15 or 20!) in each character’s life they suffered for a grudge or prejudice, or without their long-lost love, especially in the Chronicles of Avonlea. Leslie has so many years of sadness in hers.
You’ve done a great job so far making Leslie, Cornelia, Rose and Dick real human beings. Can’t wait to see what’s to come!
10/26/2020 c3 39oz diva
I know I probably shouldn't be, but I'm intrigued by your Dick. He's full of insolent arrogance and god it's sexy. I know it will all end badly, but I can see why Leslie is still investigating her mouth for a last taste of rum. (What a wonderful way to depict her infatuation). That image of the berry innards oozing into the dirt mirrors her poor brother's death. Excellent writing.

We can see how desperate she and her mother and the seeds of destruction are there already. Poor Leslie, her fate is already sealed.
10/24/2020 c2 Astrakelly
Very interesting, can’t wait to see what happens next
10/20/2020 c2 Angela
You wrote this so beautifully I love Miss Cornelia I wonder what’s going to happen with Dick on the way home
10/19/2020 c2 Guest house
Really love Cornelia
She is a total star of Four Windd and The Glen
10/18/2020 c2 Guest
I love Miss Cornelia tells everyone off. This story is really good and you describe the sea and everything so I feel like I’m really there
10/18/2020 c2 Regina56
This was such beautiful writing and I loved how you’ve fleshed our the Miss Cornelia character and made her more real to me.
As a young girl reading the books I would conjure up an image of Minnie Pearl ( I don’t know why) which stuck with me so I appreciated your description of MC to erase that image of MP, however endearing a character she may be.

I love that this story is set by the sea; the way you described the scenery was so perfect, I could absolutely picture Leslie’s walk along the shore. ( I loved that you mentioned the boardwalk.) It made my think of an Andrew Wyeth painting, it was so vivid and beautifully captured the sea.
My two favorite places to be are cities and the seashore which may be why I had such an affinity for your ‘Charlottetown.’

The encounter with the young girl was enjoyable story telling as well.
What I love most about the way you write is that you are able to see the beauty in what others may view as sordid and seedy.

I never did get a good physical impression of Dick in the book so I especially like what you’ve done with him here.
Also, I enjoyed the ‘seventh wave’ part; you certainly do know the seashore and it made me smile. You’re attention to detail continues to be mind blowing.

Speaking of waves, we are headed into that dreaded second wave here but I have more confidence this time around. We know so much more than we did in March and the best methods to fight it. Most folks do seem to get it and are complying although I fear pandemic fatigue is setting in for some.
My husband is a volunteer in a Stage 3 Covid vaccine study that includes participants from Brazil, South Africa and Mexico to name a few. So far the results seem promising and give me hope.
I believe we will see the end of this pandemic in 2021 but the road won’t be easy, to say the least.

Thanks again for your beautiful story!
10/18/2020 c2 Plain Jane
Always wanted to know more of Leslie’s story thank you for writing this
10/17/2020 c2 7Formerly known as J
Well, what a lovely little surprise for my Sunday afternoon to discover another chapter post from you, kwaky! And this chapter certainly didn't disappoint. I love how you can always draw me right into the scene and that little flashback to young Leslie frolicking and playing with her father made me smile. It's easy to see how close she was to him, and the tragedy of her young life is made even more poignant by that picture of her and him together.

Ditto for the scene with Miss Cornelia. We all know that lady is certainly a force to be reckoned with, and you've captured her perfectly here. Putting the little Cove girl in her place, chiding Leslie and boycotting the Fair since only *married* women could judge. OMG I love her, what a woman! No wonder Leslie (and Anne) loved her so much. She is gold!

And what about Dick sleeping in the tent in the middle of the day? I wondered if he'd been entirely alone the whole time? The way he was buttoning up his shirt, flashing his tattoo before insisting on walking Leslie home. Hmmm. He maybe handsome, but he's also obviously very forward and I can see why Miss Cornelia has such a low opinion of him, both now and later in AHoD.

I loved that best potato was its own category, and the little bits of things left behind on the path on the way practically told their own story about that community. Pure kwak, and I loved it!

Fave line: Leslie finding that crimson ribbon in the fence. So good!
Also: Useless gaddabout. Oh, Miss Cornelia, you are the best.

I love how this story is building, and I find myself desperately wanting to see another little glimpse of Leslie and Dick together next. Even though I know what's coming, but I still can't look away.
10/11/2020 c1 Guest
I love it already. Great to see another story from you.
10/10/2020 c1 Kitti
Love your stories don’t think any one has written about Leslie story before sure
Looking forward to reading this
10/9/2020 c1 Angela
I love you stories. I think this is going to be good can’t wait to read more of this
10/9/2020 c1 Formerly known as J
Oh, kwaky, is there any better feeling than a notification in my inbox that katherine-with-a-k has posted a new story!? Argh! It never ceases to cause a delicious little thrill of delight in my heart. And this story promises to be another kwak classic. I. LOVE. IT!

I know I always bang on about your chapter openings, but when it comes to setting up a new story, the words of inspiration you include for us at the beginning to set the mood, that picture you've used for the cover to show us Leslie all young and intense and beautiful. Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous. And then your peerless writing stuns me all over again. I adored this glimpse of young Leslie at the fair. Yes she's beautiful, but it's her spirit, her determination, her fiestiness, not to mention her love for Shakespeare that caught my attention right away - these traits of hers could rival Anne's at the same age. Perfect! I had forgotten that she taught at the Glen school for a time before she married Dick, and I love that she was invited to judge the produce. Of course, the big sponsors had to be appeased and my god, I LOVED that she still gave first prize to the Smiths! Go girl!

Although I get the feeling that perhaps if Leslie hadn't snubbed Dick so completely here, then she might not have attracted his attention quite so much? And this cock-sure, bold, swaggering Dick is definitely no Gilbert Blythe. Standing too close to her, his brazen wink, those darned mismatched eyes! Ay-ay-ay. The way he called her 'little lady' positively made me shudder and then when his eyes are all over her. Yikes! When he hissed 'little liar' and snatched his gift back, I almost jumped out of my seat.

Fave line: he had managed to snatch her dream from her, not once, but twice. Oh Leslie, I'm afraid the dreams are only just beginning to be snatched from you, sweet girl. *sobz*

Thanks for the shout out, darling, but you know this story is all yours. Genius kwak characters and genius kwak details throughout taking my breath away in a story only kwak can write is always my favourite thing to read, so I truly hope you won't make us wait too long for the next installment. x
64 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »