for A Pinch of Salt, A Dash of Magic

2/10/2021 c20 1Nauro Redcliff
This was an incredibly fresh (sorry had to) take with plenty of original ideas and new directions for some old characters. It had great character dynamics and a light hearted story flow.

There is a lot of OOC so for those who harp on that you won’t enjoy it but for everyone else I encourage you to give this one a read.
2/10/2021 c2 Druto
So yummy
2/9/2021 c1 Druto
What a great beginning
2/8/2021 c20 2jadesabrexiv
Ok, how to put this bluntly...My girlfriend wants to reach thru my computer monitor and slap you into the 2300's. She has enjoyed the recipes I've taken from this work WAY too much and gained some weight.

Also, the laughter that your writing has inspired in this fic earned it a spot on her "Do NOT read while I'm Sleeping" list. This is the only fic/book that has been taken off and put back on more than twice thanks to the recipes that I've used thanks to you.
(FYI: That BBQ Chicken sandwich you posted in Chapter 9 is now a weekly occurrence for her. I made it for her as an apology for something and she ADORED it. Now she gets one in her lunch every Monday. Her coworkers are extremely jealous.)

Other than that sandwich, the dish that you posted that has been used the most has to be the Potatoes & carrots from C10. My sister has bribed my girlfriend so that she will be told when I make them. (Considering the fact that my sibling is one of the three people I know that can burn water...I don't dare give her a complex recipe. FYI: For her, Velveeta Mac & Cheese is almost too complex.)

I thank you for the extremely entertaining story and look forward to whatever enjoyable thing comes from your writing. Thanks for the effort and time you give for this work.
JSX
2/6/2021 c20 kimjo2
Wonderful and delicious. Thanks so much
2/6/2021 c20 2mwinter1
Cool story
2/6/2021 c14 6Chalayne
Bahahahahaha!
2/6/2021 c8 Chalayne
When I saw the first couple of acronyms I was hoping that ID-1OT was forthcoming! I had to cackle.
2/6/2021 c8 6ImUpToNoGood
I am liking the story overall.

I don’t find it believable that Snape would be reduced to stammering and broken apologies due to words from an 11 year old, especially one who looks like James. If he did apologize, it would be stiff and formal, spending to the formal etiquette Harry used, if, that is, Snape had been trained in such etiquette. (I do think he would have been so trained; one of his pure blood guides who led him into the death eaters would have made sure he didn’t embarrass them.)

I am looking forward to seeing Snape taste one of Harry’s dishes.
2/6/2021 c7 ImUpToNoGood
"SILENCE, YOU IDIOTIC WOMAN!"

“He didn't command much respect in the Ministry; he knew that but frankly didn't care too much. But here at home? He was supposed to be the final word, the undisputed leader and king of House Weasley! “

This really makes Arthur sound like a controlling male chauvinist. His subsequent actions of magically limiting her to the house and her “wifely duties“ reads like an abuser’s wet dream.

I like Arthur; he is a calm and gentle man who is a bit of a nerd in the classic sense: he gets enthusiastic about his hobby.

So, while this Molly did wrong, I don’t get the vindictive glee I suspect I am supposed to feel. Instead, I am saddened that Arthur has been turned into a caricature of a male chauvinist.
2/6/2021 c20 bones71
Aww Kevin I've been putting it off reading as I really love this story but I eventually gave in. I loved all the synopsis of everyone's life. Harry and Hermiones kids sound adorable. So happy Draco got to work in astronomics. A that it has ended but looking forward reading you new story when you write it. Thanks for 20 fantastic chapters
2/5/2021 c20 Ann Jinn
A truly wonderful story.
2/5/2021 c20 30Bambu
I thoroughly enjoyed this tale of yours. Stories that start with a single point of departure from canon are some of my favorites to read. In this, you have a few divergences, but for the most part, it's Petunia's strength in overcoming the letter's compulsions which sets their family on a different path. I will confess, that I've been left with a powerful hankering for lobster and fingerling potatoes, but I suspect it means you've done a good job with this piece. Thanks for the delightful read.
2/5/2021 c20 7era-romance
good story but ga its ify moments. could've done A LOT more with some plot points you made by the did literally nothing about (cathy and lupin, sirius in general, SallyAn and her visions which could've been made into actual visions considering riddles name on various trophies plus her little dragonfriend, the Granger's lineage, more potter ancestor references, albus turn up at Hogwarts or even umbridge isle etc...like I said A LOT)
2/5/2021 c17 era-romance
the quidditch thin- yah right! an experienced teacher showing teens a room that can literally do whatever they want? is it mcgonagall brain damaged
836 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »