FanFiction.Net
for A Pinch of Salt, A Dash of Magic

3/23/2021 c10 Mastersgtjames
surprised no one investigated if Albus was robbing other orphans or even robbing the school/ministry.
3/23/2021 c8 Mastersgtjames
first off... bullshit. Snape would not turn over a new leaf or apologize like that.

Surprized Potter is not checking with the elves if any of them were his family elves.

Personally, I'd have liked it if Harry and Hermione cast all their spells in Quenya.(Tolkien Elvish)
3/22/2021 c16 bookivore
I do not know whether refrigerating focaccia makes a difference but refrigerating pizza dough either several hours or overnight makes it easier to handle better flavor and you can get a thin crispy crust with a good interior rather than just doughy.
3/21/2021 c20 cos2bh
Hi there!
This is one has been one of the best fics I have ever read. When I saw the "Completed" mark on the fic, I so wished that this would have continued or sequels made for each year. Even the Epilogue was great - all information for the future by summarizing it all.

Unfortunately, I never had or will have the patience to write but, by God's grace, I love reading.

Thank you very much for this fic. I will keep in my favorites till the site remains. Good luck for future fics.
3/17/2021 c13 Guest
Now that I think about it, the bit about Dumbledore denying a menu change doesn't quite make sense; If it hasn't changed since the original Helga Hufflepuff recipes, then who would have requested more recipes? The House Elves wouldn't have considered it. Unless they've asked before, but then they'd have mentioned that every time they asked for more recipes. Or ignored.

Though I could see Dumbledore restricted them specifically to that menu.

Also trying to figure out what exactly Ron was thinking when he seemingly randomly threw around the spice containers. I guess just a tantrum about being told what to do. Just a whole bunch of 'what'.
3/16/2021 c12 Guest
Wow, that's a surprisingly simple end for those charms. Wonder why the Marauders didn't end it themselves; one of those anti-prank pranks. Suddenly, something that happened for centuries, no longer did.

Also a bit surprising that no Slytherin ended up ending it themselves, by accident.

'Chlorine is a muggle invention'. Sorry WHAT? First, I don't think it would be needed with magic being able to clean things. Just set the right spell. And second, it's an element on the periodic table of elements. That's like saying gold was invented. Or oxygen. Or water, really. At best, a specific makeup for use in a pool might be, but it's literally just chlorine.

Interesting how Perks' symptoms went away with Hedwig showing up. Might mean a magical treatment. Or there might be a curse of some sort. Seems like the kind of thing that a dark wizard/witch would make as a spell; for mugglebaiting or to curse an opponent's family. I think even in the real world symptoms like that were blamed on 'evil witches', back when witch burnings were a thing.
3/16/2021 c9 Guest
I'm surprised that he wasn't sent in for a 'long weight'. Though I think with magic some of those items he was requesting might be possible. Tartan paint is something I imagine a wizard made, even though it is used as a prank request.

'Elbow Grease' is another one that I expect would be something that actually exists in the magical world, rather than a reference to 'hard work'/prank on newbies. Could do with 'left-handed' versions of ambidextrous tools, though. Gotta find those left-handed quills!
3/16/2021 c8 Guest
Not so sure that Snape would have been reduced to stuttering that quickly, with that argument. Maybe if there was a bit more 'teeth' to the argument, but as it is it feels a bit off. Still hilarious though.
3/16/2021 c6 Guest
...why is Remus speaking up in response to the 'defendant'? In a court case the accused would be the defendant. It's more likely him being 'prosecutor'/'prosecution', or at least on that side. Maybe claimant. Or a different term, not sure about British courts, though I suppose it'd be older style as well.
3/16/2021 c4 Guest
Albus's definition of greedy: Not giving all their money to Albus.

I'm really hoping that it eventually gets revealed to the public about Albus helping Riddle resurrect himself. Really gives the implication that it was really a mock war. Where Albus just arranged deaths of people 'inconvenient' to him, regardless of which 'side' they were on. Though I'd guess that some of that stuff would be in the memory vials.
3/16/2021 c3 Guest
In a just world, I'd say that those taking bribes would be charged with something. It might be feasible to grab the cash from the accounts of those taking the bribes since the specific accounts were traced(and since it was stolen funds...), but that would depend on exact laws in Wizarding Britain/Goblin treaty. Something else that's possible is for a portion of Albus's salary be confiscated to repay the 'loan'. That IS something that has been done before to recover/pay off debts. Given his positions, some of that could be considered MoM stealing, and that could be used as a threat to not block Albus/bribe takers from taking it.

Another easy method to reclaim the money that I can see is just having the Prophet list 'Money stolen from Harry Potter', the amounts and where it was traced to. A list of not only bribes, but the fact that it was stolen money as well... A bit more than just 'Albus Dumbledore committing crimes.'
3/16/2021 c1 Guest
So she forgot how to access the magical world AFTER getting the letter? Or that she only noticed she forgot after reading the letter?

The 'explanations' that I've seen for Remus being portrayed as so 'down-on-his-luck' is usually some sort of self-loathing.
3/15/2021 c20 7HarryPotterFangirl85
Enjoyed the story. I’m pretty sure it’s the first time I’ve read a story where a goblin became headmaster of Hogwarts. Also the first story I’ve read where Hermione was obsessed with flying, which was a bit strange but interesting.
3/13/2021 c9 BookwormsParadise
Dumbledore can also be called as Bumble-bore.
3/11/2021 c20 12Strykor1977
I almost wish I came across this fic much earlier, as I would of directed you to a YouTube channel called Cooking Tree (really a baking channel, but you don't see me complaining).
841 « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »