for Dealing with a Detective

11/9/2020 c2 YourFan
Great story! I have been reading Sherlock Holmes fanfics for quite some time but it's really disheartening how less readers and reviews are here compared to other groups.
10/17/2020 c2 17Pacifia
I was a little busy when I read this, and thought, I'll review later. Turns out I forgot. :::rubs neck sheepishly:::

I love it! You did manage to surprise. I had a bad feeling about the third suspect-the crown. But had no idea what to make of that, so didn't comment. But this was very nicely done. And the horror was great, too. :::whispers::: I've actually begun the Halloween story and have been struggling with writing horror myself. It's hard. You can't just turn off the lights and make strange noises to scare the audience. It's a whole different struggle. But I've been reading some Stephen King for inspiration. And that guy needs help. XD

I think the worst type of horror is the 'Gross-out' in King's words. And then things that are just simply wrong.

Sherlock, being a man of Science, had every right to be disappointed in the Uncle. But even Stephen Hawking (may he RIP) would have been scared to see a ghost floating in the air. XD

Write more Sherlock! You're getting better!
10/17/2020 c2 4SouthwestExpat
I love it! You set up the uncle perfectly - the only reason I suspected the Crown lawyer was because you said so little about him - and he might well be a stick figure, just there for proper window dressing. You took that thread and tied it up in a beautiful bow - hats off to you!

Lovely first go at a mystery!
10/17/2020 c2 64Sophia the Scribe
I love it! You captured the feel of one of ACD's stories really well, with all of our favorite players—Holmes, Watson, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, and the varyingly clever scum and villainy of London!

(Though I do wonder about your use of the term "overdose" in the first chapter. The word sounds anachronous to me, though I may just be falling prey to the Tiffany Effect...but I'm to lazy to look it up to check, lol.)

VDMA,
Sophia
10/16/2020 c2 69trustingHim17
lol, i love that Holmes decided to use a ghost to out the murderer!

i think you have a formatting glitch after the line break, though
10/15/2020 c1 17Pacifia
It could be the Uncle. But I really have a feeling this case isn't as simple as it seems. It's never the one we expect. Okay, taking the "experiments" Sherlock is going to be conducting, I have a bad feeling he'll be drugging himself. And that means, he wants to know if the drugs might have caused hallucinations, and hence the position the body was found in. And the Uncle is now even under more suspicion since he works with medicines and knows about this stuff. But maybe it's someone else, someone we haven't yet seen. Or know about. It's obviously to get the property. And it's not someone who won't benefit from killing him. Maybe the cousin? But for some reason, I feel inclined to believe him that he really did love the guy and had a great relationship with him. And why would he wait till now? The guy was alone with him a lot of times I presume. So, yes, this is definitely the mysterious type. I'm looking forward to how the duo solves it!
10/15/2020 c1 4SouthwestExpat
The uncle, I think.

He wants the property that Matthew was going to sell, he's a man of science to construct/clean up the crime scene. I'm not so sure about the how, but I'm guessing it involves the drug use (did the uncle get him hooked in the first place?).

Part of me wants to look at the cousin, but I'm suspicious of distant, emotional relatives. There's no evidence he did it, not that I saw...
10/15/2020 c1 69trustingHim17
LOL! and how many plot bunnies have you released at me since march? i'm over 40 stories! :P as i am quite sure you know by now, the one who releases the plot bunny has no say in how big it gets.

this chapter has been most enlightening. i look forward to the rest of the story :D