for A Fresh Start

2/10 c9 Mortarion Bonaparte
I love reading your stories.
1/8 c9 SomeRand0m
I really, really love your stories. So heartwarming. I've read your Hood and Belfast fics. I hope you make a Jean Bart one too. The pacing is always so good. Not too fast and not too slow. The development of each character was perfect. Thank you for this. Can't wait to read more of your work.
11/13/2020 c9 xXEndlessSkyXx
I cannot stress how much I adore this story, and I’m really sad to see it go, but you ended it on such a nice and heartwarming note. You did a wonderful job in developing Daniel and Richelieu’s relationship, they really are perfect for each other. I loved each and every one of their moments together, you can tell that they truly do love each other a lot and slowly grew deeper and deeper into one another as the story went on.

Cassidy finally calling Richelieu “Mom” in the end was extremely sweet honestly, and the three of them all together make such a cute family. I’m glad both Cassidy and Daniel found true happiness in the end, and I hope they enjoy their new life in Toulon together with Richelieu. Also extra points for Jean Bart being the best wingwoman and sister-in-law that Daniel could have possibly asked for haha.

Overall, excellent work, this is honestly my favorite piece now from you thus far (Sea of Flavors coming up second since I adore KGV a lot). Seeing your writing progress and improve story and after story is very nice to see. I look forward to your future tales and keep up the amazing work!
11/13/2020 c5 2Dragontalon 486
I just really wanted to say that this was a very good read. I can't wait to read what you write next. The only thing was how Dunkerque kind of faded away. I know you made the story focus on Richelieu and you gave Algerie some closure with her punishment scene but after that jealousy moment Richelieu had Dunkerque wasn't mentioned again.

Also in regards to your Author's Note on Chapter 8, I would like to thank your Grandfather for his Service and may he be at peace.
11/13/2020 c9 9Toshiro Ricky
Please do Interpid, she need more love, and martini
11/13/2020 c1 Icezivel
Of course I'll stick around for more. I absolutely love these short stories.
11/12/2020 c9 4Turquoise Leaf
Absolutely loved this. My main point of criticism, however, would be to ease on the time skips. There were so many that time meant nothing. I have absolutely no idea how much time has passed. I would go through your outline and see how they work. Time skips should be sparing, not in what appeared like every chapter, or multiple a chapter. However, that’s tempered by just how cute this story was as a whole.
11/12/2020 c9 CincyRail
that was an awesome story i really enjoyed it and cant wait for the next one. and if you cant think of a name for the commander leat me know i might able to help just pm me ok. keep up the good work
11/12/2020 c9 Guest
Das war toll
11/12/2020 c9 2SafetyDoggo
Sad to see this end.
But it was a good tale.
11/10/2020 c8 SafetyDoggo
Nice chapter, and Kudos to your Grandad.

My uncle served on a nuclear submarine in the Russian navy, Currently retired. His friend died on the Kursk.

SO yeah, Happy veterans day y'all!
11/10/2020 c8 LoneRider
My great grandfather served aboard the USS Wisconsin which is actually retired now and is used as a museum. Anyway, my great grandfather had shot down a Japanese pilot and when captured the pilot had given his sword to my great grandfather. It was as passed down to my father and after him I’ll most likely get it due to me being the oldest son.
11/3/2020 c5 Anonymous
Love this 3
11/5/2020 c5 xXEndlessSkyXx
Ahh somehow missed the chapter due to FF issues with it showing up. Luckily I was able to read it in the app. Anyway, really lovely and heartwarming chapter so far, Daniel and Richelieu are really hitting it off and connecting really naturally which is nice to see. The talk between Daniel and Cassidy was very heartwarming as well, it’s nice seeing Cassidy accepting that her dad wants to find his own happiness, he truly does need that in his life now. And I really like that you chose to go slow between Richelieu and Daniel, it’s better that they take their time to truly get to know each other and fall in love eventually rather than just rushing into things. As it stands, they have a pretty comfortable and healthy bond built up already which Daniel didn’t really have with anyone else ever since he lost his wife and he even mentions that he hasn’t felt that same spark with anyone till now. I like how it emphasizes the theme of starting anew ever since he met Richelieu. Interested to see how this all plays out in the end, but I really like the direction it’s going at the moment.

Take your time with this story, you do have a nice foundation setup already so I’d say it’s fine to go about it at your own pace. I am looking forward to see how it all unfolds!
11/5/2020 c5 Razie.B
Is the Algerie and Dunkerque ship official sank now? Richelieu is nice, but was hoping for you to ship Commander with Algerie or Dunkerque, the former is the reason I started reading this fic, due to the lack of stories having her as the main love interest
43 Page 1 .. Last Next »