for The Disappearance of Haru Yoshioka

11/23/2020 c2 27CharlieBoneFan
Great story!
11/13/2020 c2 140TheDrunkenWerewolf
It says so much about the road not taken this chapter (I can't think of the full quote off the top of my head). About how much can change with one choice. It's very butterfly effect. So much ends up differently if one makes a single decision.

I like the spirit mouse concept. Cute little design and how it was just trying to repay a kindness. In some ways Harum was happier in her new life and I kind of wanted her to make that decision right up until the end. Just because that's probably me projecting my ideal life onto her. But I'm glad she chosen the bureau in the end. It was her own choice and she had to be the one to make it. And she is right. There's different ways to be happy, and in the end she is happy. Brilliant last line btw it mirrors perfectly to the last line of the first half :)
11/13/2020 c1 TheDrunkenWerewolf
Okay first of all how dare you - I love it. The slow creeping dread Baron feels when the realisation sinks in that Harum no longer exists any more... and the gunshot of the "who's Haru?" Lines. Just set the tone for this piece. And his long list of details of who she is and what she's done for all of them just attests to how well he knows her and how close they are. He does indeed feel truly lost without her.

Love that he forgets her slowly over time I can feel his desperation and her memory slipping away. And how it's Toto who steps up to help him. We don't get many Toto stories.

And the ending... brava. He let's her go because it's the right thing to do. Even though it must have killed him. He wants her to be happy because he loves her. Rather than drag her back into her old dangerous life. Great piece. I'll read the rest soon :)
11/1/2020 c2 Guest
Lovely story!
10/31/2020 c2 58Nanenna
Bravo! What a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it with us.
10/31/2020 c1 Nanenna
This chapter was delightful torture from start to finish! But I'm glad the story isn't over, what a miserable way to end it otherwise.
10/31/2020 c2 James Birdsong