for A Flower for the Soul

11/29/2020 c4 DarkRavie
11/29/2020 c4 entron
Thank you for your wonderful work as always, you write so much good stuff so fast. You are an amazing author.
11/29/2020 c4 Qarz
Harry is on his own most of the time and those parts are great but I feel like all the encounters with other studentsHermione, defending Luna, the ending partis there because it has to be, not because it fits.
11/29/2020 c4 Nekoron
heads up! there's a formatting issue
11/29/2020 c4 qwe123
Formatting issue?
11/29/2020 c4 15Thermopyle
Chapter formatting is completely broken.
11/29/2020 c4 ApexofRuin
You might want to repost your chapter it has as the text stuff among other things making it not spaced and weird basically added modifiers in the actually text like /Aka-modifier and more, look forward to when the chapter is fixed
11/29/2020 c4 nsaifnabi
you need to repost this chapter the formatting is showing
11/29/2020 c4 Arthas Potter
chapter uploaded weirdly
11/28/2020 c3 18Dragon and Sword Master
i understand wanting to get to the real parts of this story and I cannot wait to see what happens then. Also curious about what happens in year 3 but I will wait patiently for the next chapter!
11/28/2020 c3 Olbid
Frind I don't wanna jinx you, but you have your advanced ( or early access chapters ) behind a paywall which would be totally fine if it was an original history, but as a fanfiction, you are effectively profiteering from a trademarked work. It would be best if you found another way around it.
11/27/2020 c3 1Majerus
Outstanding! I almost never fave WIP's, especially this early, but your work so far assures me that you're neither a quitter nor a 'flash-in-the-pan'.

This 'extended prologue' really is exciting stuff, a wonderful blend of build-up and solid character development.
11/27/2020 c2 Majerus
"
The man that had killed his parents was gone and was not worth dwelling on. Tom had been furious on his behalf, and strangely apologetic when Harry had broached the subject with him, reiterating that even though he was all but alone, Tom would always be there, would help him where his parents no longer could.
"
...huh. I'm at a complete loss as to how to take this.
Face value, that the Horcrux feels actual remorse?
Knowing derision, waiting for the foul fiend to tear Harry's mind to shreds in possession that is just a matter of When not If?
*sigh* so many questions!

So... why is he still speaking out loud to Tom? He is learning Occlumency, surely he's figured out how to THINK by now?

I think it would make more sense that most of the 5th and 7th year Ravenclaws would remain over Christmas, however, as they'd be so entrenched in studying for their exams, they wouldn't be any trouble to Harry.

The 'Christmas Dinner Incident', as the redheads will no doubt label it, was quite entertaining!

Wow, ok, that was pretty freaking intense.
Tom seems genuinely upset, you never present him as oily or manipulative... There seems to be a truth when Tom speaks of Voldemort as an enemy... Wow. This boggles me, as you had indicated you were going to try something new and I think you are on the right track.

So... Rituals? That seems the likeliest route for Tom to take Harry.
Very fun chapter!
11/27/2020 c1 Majerus
Hmmm, yeah, I don't think Tom wants to talk about your parents, Harry :p
Well, regardless of whether Tom's derogatory view on the Goblins is correct or not (esp in your AU), Harry now believes it so he won't seek their aid.

Why would Harry doubt Tom about doing magic without a wand? He has no idea of the need for a focus since he knows next to nothing about magic...

"
The one thing they all have in common is that they more often than not only look out for their best interests. They will manipulate you any way they can to get what they want."

"What about you?"
"
Harry definitely has a less trusting nature than canon - maybe 11 yr old Harry was just too beaten down?

I think it more than odd that Olivander would not have Harry take hold of the newly crafted wand before leaving the store. I know you wanted his first experience with it on his own, but it fails the simple logic test.

A very solid opener, creepytastic with Tom as a 'mentor' but hopefully, Harry is more Grey than the pit of hell Dark that Tom was... is?
11/27/2020 c3 3ObsessedWithHPFanFic
It's great that Harry was able to get help from the professors. I'm pleased that he now knows who Tom is. Thanks for sharing!
3,109 « Prev Page 1 .. 183 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 203 .. Last Next »