for Supernatural Ends

2/2 c8 Guest
Thank you for these! Like you, I had a hard time with the finale. Reading your ideas of how to make the ending work really helped.
1/12 c8 97ImpalaLove
I just breezed through all of these and I don't think I realized how badly I needed something like this until now. It's been how long since the finale now? And I'm still fuming about it essentially for the exact same reasons you stated in the first 'chapter.' Dean's story was beautiful to me because his 'destiny' was always that of 'blunt little instrument.' He was supposed to die bloody on the job. And then, in a show that's been all about sticking it to Fate for 15 YEARS, they decided that his ending should be...exactly what he'd always expected it to be. Like he hadn't proved that he was so much more than that. Like Sam deserved to watch his brother die in front of him for one, final time without being able to do anything to stop it or bring him back. Friggin' brutal, I tell you. I'm still not at peace with it, but I should probably get around to telling you that your interpretations were all beautiful and satisfying in their own ways, and I actually do feel better- I'm taking these into my brainspace and making them fact. Thank you so much for this, truly! You've paid these guys a great tribute.
1/12 c4 waywardwhumpist
1/10 c8 spnobsessive
Thank you! Thank you for getting it right! Dean deserved his happy ever after too!
1/6 c8 LittleLurker
Thank you. :-)
This time not only the ending is perfect but the title, too - almost too perfect.
...but only almost.
1/4 c8 ManySkills
Oh my heavens. Something about the peace of this outcome feels so right.
"There'll be peace when you are done"
1/5 c8 6notawriter4sure
You know I think I have finally put my finger on why the ending has been so hard - for me at least. I have been genuinely grieving. First denial - that shock of NO! - then anger - and yes I have been angry about their fate for some time now - and I think I have now moved into depression. Is this silly? After all they are just fictional characters. Perhaps, but the boys have been part of our lives for 15 years and we have been emotionally connected to their story all that time so I don't think it is a surprise that the fans should react so strongly. Anyway, not a review as such just a comment but I will continue to read your wonderful perspective on Sam and Dean so please do keep writing.
1/3 c8 Reading
Wonderful, fitting end, and so much better than what we got! Thanks!

Beth
1/3 c8 SunnyZim
Oh, how I wish this has been the ending. How perfect that would have been. Sadly I don't think Andrew Dabb understood the characters like we the fans do. For me, the ending of supernatural will always be one of the most devastating and disappointing endings of any show. Sam and Dean deserved better.
1/5 c8 nochickflickmoments
Ahh, that would have been wonderful! I've been pouring my heart to the internet the last few weeks, but what is the most cruel choice the writers made, was that they put a lid on this epic story of 15 years, they left the fans nothing... nothing to explore, nothing to play with, write about, because really few of us want to expand the heaven idea, just to correct things I feel like. So THIS felt so much better... than a dusty barn (still hurts, this one) - thanks for writing something worth of the brothers' journey!
1/3 c8 130PutMoneyInThyPurse
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
You go, girl. Go for it. Them being happy and retired and loving together is what we all deserved. Thank you for giving it to us.
1/3 c8 1Ginza
Quiet and peaceful, I like that. I would have been ok with this as the end. I always saw it ending with Sam and Dean dying together, but I do like this.

Happy New Year! Here's hoping it's better than the last one!
1/3 c8 48MoonlightMystery13.3
Thank you so much for this series. It took some of the sting out of The End for me, and I really appreciate it. My favorites "maybe" endings are when Jack, relieved of the pressure of trying to be God by the One who's always filled that position, gives the stake a gentle nudge, and the hunters in the future arguing over how the whole thing went down. And of course, I have a quiet little AU tucked away somewhere that looks rather like yours. I think many fans do. :}
Thanks again, and all the best.
~ MM13.3
1/3 c8 tcarpenter
I’m glad you wrote these. I enjoyed reading them.
1/3 c8 flyeaglesfly520
This is the ending I wanted so badly. Thank you for putting it into words.
186 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »