for Borne Of Caution: Sidestories

4/7 c2 Guest
Kinky
1/29 c2 ChangeMe4574
Just looked up Sylveon and my god is it cute. Really hope Lee gets his Eevee soon
1/29 c1 Marshlander
I really like your takes on how the Pokémon world would actually function outside of the context of a video game in “Born of Caution”, I like that you have some that aren’t really relevant to the story compiled here. A lot of authors will either clutter up their story with interesting but unimportant worldbuilding or just cut it out entirely, but I really like having a side “stories” like this with snippets of interesting details.

Keep up the good work
1/24 c1 Guest
This feels like something I could find in an scholastic magazine,and that isn't a bad thing.
1/24 c1 WinterLark
Omg does this mean the eevee Lee wants as a Vaporeon will become a Sylveon? his face is gunna be hilarious if that happens!
Also great side entries, ninetales would make a decent service-pokemon but foxes are finicky.
12/24/2020 c2 ggg123666
Neat.
12/15/2020 c1 7bor902
So Sylveon's are basically the pokemon version of japanese people. Uh?... based?
12/13/2020 c2 A.M.C
So they know focal points of Fairy energy more or less enable direct empathic bonds... And Psychic research just skips this lol.
In conclusion Lee has overlapping skill sets and Pokémon humans don't comprehend this #being mean#. (Brock, breeder in training managed to flavor pokechow, keep up his brushing skills and practice looking after more types of Pokémon!)

Now he's passing on his learning, preparation & improvisation skills to his new Pokémon without noticing because that's actually just the basic ground work, I don't think I could teach cooking without doing the same.
(Next year Lee's thoughts 'How do they even manage this lack of training progress!?')

(I haven't been able to stand Pokémon anime since before I quit TV altogether years ago. So just getting out some ranting seeing as all of Ash's skill can be summed up as unimproved improvisation and luck in finding good company.)
12/12/2020 c2 Hashirama 1710
are these written by the mc?
12/11/2020 c1 5BrightNova169
I had never considered a Ninetales becoming the Pokémon equivalent of a service animal. Though their capabilities would make them excellent choices.

Would you be willing to explain why a Fire Stone costs so much later on? Or how an evolutionary stone is created? The process might be the reason for exorbitant prices.

I also have to wonder: what do the services do to keep a Ninetales from becoming emotionally burnt out? Their empathic abilities might not be as potent compared to Gardevoir but still leagues above most Pokémon.
12/8/2020 c2 A.M.C
Use Moon Blast Vaporeon!

Fun imagery.
12/7/2020 c2 2Crosswald
Maybe you could put a notice in the main story that you posted a side story
12/6/2020 c2 1L'assassin orange
I just speed read everything when it came out, but I would just like to properly say it: Thank you for posting those notes rather than trying to either shoehorn them in the main story or keep them in your personal notes. It fleshes out the world in your story without breaking the narrative pace.
12/5/2020 c2 Guest
Excellent work!
I’ve always wondered how Pokémon with near-human or super human intelligence are treated, and if they have rights that go beyond standard animal abuse prevention laws. I’d imagine for some Pokémon, especially Legendaries, being caught by a trainer could be pretty degrading, analogous to us humans being owned by pets like lizards and hamsters.
12/5/2020 c2 Sukaleska
i wonder if you will make a entry about the ghost type, to see if you are making them imortal or something x)
16 Page 1 2 Next »