for Five Times Marinette Dupain-Cheng Communicated

6/10 c1 SylarFan
I understand why Chloe was so hurt after what happened in the show. Intentionally or not, Ladybug apparently treated her like a pawn.
5/22 c1 8Raxius
Can you have Gabriel be interested in Marinette's designs and decided to keep a closer eye on her ?

What I mean by that is how would Cannon Gabriel react ?
2/28 c1 Guest
I loved it, might use a few of these
2/16 c1 Chickenpotpieless
Can you please make more of these?
1/21 c1 Guest
Great fic,oif only the show was like this.
12/29/2020 c1 Thalassa
Oh thank you so much for writing this. This is so satisfying. there are so many mistakes in canon that need this THANK YOU!
12/28/2020 c1 Guest
I loved your Lila scenarios! A lot of people tend to criticize Marinette’s class and the adults for falling for Lila’s lies so easily, but Marinette hasn’t exactly been clever in her attempts to expose Lila either.

In fact, if you ever plan on doing a rewrite of the Ladybug episode, I’ve thought of some points that I feel should be addressed (many of them I feel don’t get enough mention in rewrite fics):

1) Neither the class, Ms. Bustier, nor Marinette herself point out the stolen test answers were for a MOCK exam. It doesn’t make sense for anyone to do something as risky as stealing an answer sheet to cheat on a mock exam that isn’t even for a grade, let alone a top-student like Marinette. They also don’t consider how if Marinette had stolen the answers, she would have thrown the answer sheet out immediately after the mock exam rather than still keep such incriminating evidence on her long after the test is over.

2) Ms. Bustier said she received the anonymous note the morning of the day the graded exams were to be passed back. She should’ve been at least a little suspicious that whoever wrote the anonymous note waited until after the mock exam was over, when it would’ve been too late to catch/prevent any cheating, to report a stolen answer sheet. Additionally, she should’ve recognized that the note was written in Lila’s handwriting, though I guess it’s possible Lila typed up the note or disguised her handwriting when she wrote it.

3) If you watch the episode carefully, you’ll see that Lila’s flashbacks reveal she stole the answer sheet after class the day before the graded exams were passed back (the “Headscratchers” and “What An Idiot!” pages on TV Tropes better explain this). In other words, the answer sheet wasn’t stolen until AFTER the exam was over. Not only that, but Ms. Bustier had placed the answer sheet in plain sight on her tidy desk when Lila swiped it while Ms. Bustier’s back was turned for a moment. Realistically, Ms. Bustier should’ve noticed that the answer sheet was missing the moment she went back to her desk, as well as deduced that someone took it after class when she wasn’t looking. Thus, if the writers hadn’t made Ms. Bustier a moron, Marinette would’ve had a solid alibi for the cheating allegation.

4) Most people have pointed out that Lila’s claim of being pushed down the stairs could’ve easily been disproven by CCTV footage. French guidelines about security cameras in schools allow cameras to film entrances, exits, and traffic spaces without issue (I doubt Gabriel would’ve allowed Adrien to attend school at François Dupont without making sure there were cameras in all those places). Also, in real life, people would’ve called an ambulance if they heard someone fell down an entire flight of stairs. In that case, Lila would quickly get found out and be in trouble for abusing emergency services with her lies; in France, this can result in the ambulance physician not signing the patient’s “treatment certificate”, meaning Lila will be responsible for the full cost of services provided. Though this is rarely ever done, I’d like to think Lila’s lies, fake emotional outbursts, and other antics would annoy the ambulance workers enough that they’d make an exception.

5) Thomas Astruc confirmed on Twitter that Lila’s foxtail necklace is from Gabriel’s jewelry line. Lila didn’t say that her necklace was a family heirloom in the Ladybug episode, but if you want to make it so she does in your rewrite, then someone pointing out the pendant in Marinette’s locker being a Gabriel piece will quickly make it look like Lila falsely accused Marinette. Even if Lila doesn’t claim her necklace is a family heirloom, Marinette and her friends can still say Lila’s accusing her of theft without proof by pointing out that Gabriel jewelry is mass-produced, so it’s perfectly plausible for Marinette and Lila to have the same necklace. Surveillance footage may not be available, since cameras often can’t film school classrooms, cafeterias, playgrounds, etc during school hours unless there have been repeated reports of criminal behavior, as France considers it a potential violation of privacy. On the other hand, given how a large number of students have been akumatized and Chloe kicked up quite a fuss when her locker was broken into and when her bracelet went missing, it’s possible the school was pressured into or decided these incidents justified installing cameras in the locker room too, which would’ve caught Lila planting her foxtail necklace in Marinette’s locker and the answer sheet in Marinette’s bag.

Sorry for the long post. I just feel these plot holes should get brought up more.
12/27/2020 c1 21mayuralover
I like these slight rewrites! Wishing any of these happened bc the show wants to stay out the drama.
Thanks for the story! Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
12/26/2020 c1 MangoSunbeams
All the Lila solutions were super satisfying. I lost a lot of respect for Adrien with that Lila situation in the show, and I didn't even realize that Alya's reporter integrity was trashed until now. Hate Lila sooo much. Thanks for soothing solutions!
12/26/2020 c1 28dontgiveahoot
I love these! The third one was great, though I wish Adrien had also brought up that Lila being akumatised into Chameleon was because he’d asked her gently and and in private not to lie, and Lila’s response was to try and sabotage his friendships and reputation. Not only does this show that she’s willing to turn on even those she does care about, it gives the class a reason to believe he’d expose her so suddenly and publicly - he’d tried to get her to behave decently the nice way and it didn’t work, thus forcing his hand.

Yeah, a lot of things happen in MLB because Marinette is so utterly terrible at communication. It’s good to see her able to articulate herself in a clear and direct manner for once.
12/23/2020 c1 HammyJessa
I love this!
12/22/2020 c1 55MythGirl Writes
I really liked this, Marinette's communication with these issues could use a bit of work so seeing everything turn out alright here was very cathartic lol
12/21/2020 c1 64PerditaAlottachocolate
The show we could have gotten if the writers had some common sense and used logic... It's nice to see another fic you've written!
12/19/2020 c1 23Angelwings2002
Loved this story! Totally wished the last one had happened. Though, all of them are so good!
12/19/2020 c1 22LadyScatty
Amazing story as always. And as always, I wish Thomas Astruc read fanfictions because I refuse to acknowledge season 2 and 3 as canon. I prefer your stories.
40 Page 1 .. Last Next »