for Light in the Darkness

7/27/2021 c21 Jostanos
Speak of your friends and a note shall appear! XD
7/18/2021 c21 Aion27
This was the perfect chapter for this story. I love that it was nice chapter of island life and major hints of what their future plans are. I also enjoyed the fact that Riku and his father started some reconciliation. It was nice to see him interact with his little sister too.

Thanks for the great chapter
7/17/2021 c21 51Venquine1990
You completely skipped over Re:Coded. Not really surprising the whole thing is pretty darn skipable. I always considered only the ending to really be relevant to the overall plot.
Also, a small tip, but perhaps you can put a bit of a note at the start of the chapter that goes something like:

name: Riku's mother
Name: Riku's father.

I'm just saying this cause I got confused with Kadaj and all that. Then again, like I said, I never played the FF games, so it's a miracle that I recognized Noctis' name. I had the same problem with Family and Friends and when someone pointed this out, I did something similar. If you'd rather not, that's okay. In that case, could I have a list like that for reference?

Back to the story, will you have the kids explain to their folks why they need to leave? I can imagine that going pretty well with Sora's mum, somewhat okay with Kairi's folks, but with Riku? His dad is up in the air for me, but I worry about his mum's reaction. Will she try to argue, call him a loon or something or worse?
7/17/2021 c21 APridefulSin
ooooo rikus friend!
6/25/2021 c20 Aion27
This was a great chapter. It was a little sad and happy which was perfect because it made each part that was better. I truthfully don’t see the two of them lasting on the islands for long with how homophobic these people are, especially when they have another choice on where they can go to be accepted. I would love to see them move to Radiant Garden permanently and find something to do there.

I can absolutely say that I hate Riku’s mother though. At first it seemed like Riku’s father, Kadaj, would be redeemable and actually make an effort with Riku but then that was immediately thrown out the window and I hated him two. While we didn’t get a lot of them personally but from you have said I think I am going to hate Kairi’s parents too. The only adult I have liked so far from those islands was Sora’s mom. Luna has been awesome in this chapter and I love the way she has been written. That she just accepts that the two of them are together and even while knowing that was still willing to let Riku stay with them was amazing.

It was also great to see Riku get his rightful Keyblade and knows the name of it now. I also enjoyed that they have started to train Kairi in how to fight knowing that she may one day need it.

One of the main problems I see with them staying on the island is Sora’s Anti-Form. I imagine that it can’t be good for him with how much negativity is directed at Sora and Riku for their relationship. All those negative thoughts from the people would easily lead to Sora having negative thoughts about them and that could possibly cause problems. It is easy to think that it might cause enough of a problem that they will have to leave the island for the good of Sora and the people.

Thanks for this amazing chapter
6/24/2021 c20 Venquine1990
Excellently done, so I can almost see a confrontation between Sora, Riku and their respective mothers come about somewhere in the near and/or distant future. I have to admit that I usually keep Sora and Riku to just having a mother and Kairi a dad - the mayor - but this works too. And pretty great work on the backstories.
6/24/2021 c20 Jostanos
Matsuo: *glares at Aulea* Entitled Parent much, _KAREN_!

*sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose* Please don't mind Matsuo's temperment too much, folks.
Both he and I have been watching a lot of r/slash *Insert relevant topic here* videos on youtube lately.
6/19/2021 c19 Alright Then
So this fic is basically shifting everything special about Riku unto Sora. And now anything special about Roxas unto Sora too. Why? Let these characters be unique for crying out loud. And it was way too realm of disbelief that Kairi got a Keyblade before Riku in this. She did nothing to deserve that.
6/20/2021 c19 Jostanos
That second question reminds me of an eye doctor's lens test: "Which is better: #1 or #3? #2 or #6?"

I do not have a preference.

omake?: A bolt of lightning crashes a few yards away from the group with the eerie/spooky version of the beginning of Toccata and Fugue in D Minor playing shortly there after.

"How about a whole new world to live in? A Whole new world to see? A whole new world with brand new attitude.." a cheerful voice sings from the dust left from the lightning strike, but as the figure emerges from said dust the hooded (NOT ORGANIZATION XIII!) being continues more sinisterly "But you still have to slay them all.." Heartless, Nobodies, and more appear in various shapes, sizes, and with unexpected calls "to save that world from.." the being takes off, and throws its robes into the mob surrounding it "ME! Toodles!" the being disappears in a dust cloud formed by another lightning strike that, surprisingly, doesn't also KO its minions.

What does the being look like? Matsuo? NOPERS!
Some one from a particular world? *shrugs* May~be. But _WHO_ that may be is unknown.
6/11/2021 c19 APridefulSin
yep, definitely Donald jinxing it.

and that is really a hard question because I like both forms, I think it's situational? rage is my favourite of the forms in Kh 3. but I also favourite anti. both equally, I can't choose...
6/11/2021 c19 Venquine1990
That was a brilliant way to end KH2. Personally, I don't really think that Anti-form ever really left, I think it just evolved into Rage form, but that is just my personal opinion. Though it is a bit of a shame that they didn't use it in DDD. I can understand why they didn't use it in Re:Coded. Data Sora wouldn't have KH2-Sora's skillset after all.
The Xehanort Saga continues!

Personally, when it comes to gameplay, I prefer Rage form.
6/11/2021 c19 strabimonx
Yeah Sora should continue to learn Roxas' abilities both light and dark. And I personally prefer Rage over Anti.
6/10/2021 c19 Aion27
Very nice chapter. I love that you had Sora defending Riku from Mickey in the Realm of Darkness it was a great touch. I would have been surprised if he didn’t go into Anti-Form around that much darkness even with Roxas’ help. It was also great that you didn’t have Kairi make a big deal about the two of them being together, but I would imagine that being a Princess of the Heart would help with that with maybe subconsciously seeing the love they have for each other. I do hope that you bring the gliders into this story. It would be amazing to see them have their own armour. As for Donald of course he had to jinx everything.

Thanks for the new chapter it was great
6/10/2021 c19 4Wrath Of The Heavens
Rage Form is the best! It's basically a insta-win if your good enough and the bloody footprints are a fantastic opportunity for angst especially the implications of Risk Charge breaking parts of Sora's heart for more power.
6/10/2021 c19 2knightblazer85