FanFiction.Net
for Common Sense in the Wizarding World - (Marauder's Era SI OC)

10/29 c2 3Zandaino-Nova-Ari
It’s not really racism. It’s more along the lines of someone raised outside of your society coming then telling YOU, who’s lived in your society all your life, what to do and how you’re wrong. As well as pitching a hiss fit when they don’t get their way because they refuse to accept that they’ve entered into a different country basically. That THEY are the foreigners
7/2 c2 ArchmagePeverell
is this story dead?
2/4/2021 c1 Flame punch
I don’t know having common sense IS op in my opinion. Hire a bunch of house elves and have them flip houses in the muggle world for cash while you use the room of requirement to train and read books that are in the restricted section of the library or in Dumbledore’s personal stash. Learn Alchemy, Potions, and Enchanting to open a store filled with unique products like Fred and George’s WWW. Also purchase land and businesses during Voldemort’s most powerful years when the properties are dirt cheap and when he gets defeated the value and worth of those properties and businesses will skyrocket. Then use your wealth to create a new newspaper and use that to control information in the wizarding world. As long as you buy up all the shops on diagonal alley you can set up stands with your newspaper’s paper to make sure people read it and become invested in it. Maybe find a way to turn the mirrors into TV’s and sell those for coverage of quidditch matches, movies, etc... Then you’ll control what people see in their homes and you can startup the wizarding world equivalent of Hollywood and with total control over that you’ll prob be whatever the wizarding world equivalent of a billionaire is. Use your wealth to train up your own army of muggleborns and either keep the peace in the event Voldemort returns or use them to take over the country. And that is how you go from flipping houses using house elves (which would keep them super happy) to being the magical king using common sense, some restricted books, and money (lots of money).
2/3/2021 c2 1Npss06
Good story so far, gon a keep following it. As for Hogwarts starting at 11, its the analogue for secondary school in the UK which also starts at 11. Also children are able to do magic accidentally on their own anyway better they are taught control and proper usage as early as possible than risk a major incident
1/25/2021 c2 Gouravsilentreader
Interesting story
Love it so far
Looking forward to the next part eagerly
Please update soon
1/22/2021 c2 DukeNightHawk
More plz.
1/22/2021 c2 La Marabouteuse
Cool fanfic, even if I think Wes Reis has a weird ring to it x) really eager to see how he will interact with Severus and Peter. And about the starting hogwarts age, even if it's 11 in cannon (and that it would be weird to do otherwise), since there are moving stairs, pumpkin juice (we seriously don't talk enough about that shit), magic classes were you learn to temporarily paralyze someone and a freaking basilk that is just asking for immature children blood, starting at 13 wouldn't be completely idiotic. Plus, it's your fanfic, you can almost do whatever you want, right?
Sorry about any grammar mistakes, I'm not an English speaker. I can read okay, but writing is a completely different exercice. I hope this review is understandable.
Anyway, have a nice day ~
1/21/2021 c2 rosepetals324
so cool! I love the part where wes basically says what we're all thinking about what happens in fanfics. when they're 'growing their core and 'getting control of their magic' although I'm not gonna lie, I do enjoy some of those fics, its nice to see a change in how the oc thinks! really excited for the rest of the story :)
1/17/2021 c2 1Just Akuya
no need for all the time skips, especially ten minutes. just indicate in the narrative (if it's important).

instead of saying Time Skip: 10 minutes, say,

"We walked for ten minutes. During our walk Mr. Jameson told me everything about the war."

or, question even if the time difference is important at all or an unreasonable amount of time passed. If Mr. Jameson had walked for one hour before talking that would be odd, but if he just walked around the neighborhood most people would assume a reasonable time had elapsed and it doesn't need to be specified. It's unnecessary information and breaks up the flow of your writing.
1/13/2021 c2 Guest
Out of all the illogical things in Harry Potter, you think the wizards wouldn't let kids have wands at 11? If they were real, it would be exceedingly obvious that the magical worlds does not hold anything close to resembling similar values and opinions that normal people hold.

Also you don't need to tell us every time there is a time skip. It's a bit silly to be pulled out of the story to be told that we are 10 minutes into the future.
1/13/2021 c2 1WispInABottle
Interesting and an enjoyable start. I look forward to seeing where this goes.
1/13/2021 c1 Gabriel Perseus Potter
but good story
1/13/2021 c2 Gabriel Perseus Potter
You mixed up the name of Mr. Jameson war buddies. Paul was the one in the back of the camp amd whose body wasn't found. Mike was the one who survived. But then three paragraphs later it is Paul who was honorably discharged
1/13/2021 c2 scyfly
ehh? a shonen character doesnt train form the age of one, they rely on the power of friendship to gain a power boost.

as for dark magic, well you can speculate but as you can manipulate you soul with magic using negative emotions to power spells might very well affect it. it might be that a strong disciplined mind might cancel this out but that is just a gues. splitting the soul is done by cold blooded murder which cracks the soul before you split it. does mind magic protects the soul? doubtful
a levitation spell has the intent to levitate, the moment it drops is the moment you stop using magic thus you do not use the levitation spell to kill.
1/13/2021 c2 scyfly
a major thing about your story is that you are telling what is happening instead of letting it happen. this is especially awkward in conversations
29 Page 1 2 Next »