for Hidden Fires

7/22 c15 12staceums
Yep. I’m playing the FFVIII port now and the Deep Sea Research Center still gives me anxiety. I honestly forgot about the story behind it like 5 minutes after Zell’s explanation, so no foulYour version is much better.

As always, I love your writing and I’m enjoying this story so much. Can’t wait for the next update!
7/21 c15 RandomNonSequitur
eh, no worries about the real reason for the deep sea research center. call it artistic license! this chapter was really exciting and I can't wait to read the next one. I also can't wait to see what trouble Cadet Heller is going to cause them. great job!
7/20 c15 19NikitaDreams
This chapter was so great! I was looking forward to reading more and I definitely wasn't disappointed. You did such an amazing job of writing the action sequence, which I know can be a challenge. For a moment I actually felt bad for the monster... but then it tried to kill them, so bye bye.

Definitely can't wait to read more!
7/20 c15 Stace25
Loving this! Can't wait for the next chapter
7/16 c14 Tequila Princess
I've already commented on AO3, but sending adoration for one of Seiftis' finest here too!
7/13 c14 3SpellviraAlmasy
Another great chapter! Thank you! I wanna smack them both but I love angst.
7/11 c14 19NikitaDreams
Ah those two idiots. Also, still thank God for Xu lol. I love her being the voice of reason. I'm also not at all surprised at Quistis pushing off her talk till tomorrow and then after the mission. I know as a fully grown adult person that everyone actually does that same thing. Why deal with something today when I can continue to push it off so it looms over me even longer?

I'm loving this so far! You're so good at getting these emotions, the passion, the frustration, the sweetness, out of these two. Can't wait for the next chapter.
7/11 c12 NikitaDreams
All I have to say is "THANK YOU XU." Quistis needed someone to tell her how ridiculous she was being in this chapter.

Here's hoping she will start to listen soon.
7/11 c7 NikitaDreams
Finally catching up on this and oh my! So sexy! If this is practice I've definitely got to buy your novels girl.

I really love how well you write these two. Your voice for Seifer and Quistis just fits as the natural for me. Can't wait to keep reading!
7/8 c14 8horsecrazy2
Goddammit, I KNEW I should have just waited till this was finished. It had been a while since I read the first few chapters, so I decided to just download this to my e-reader and start from the beginning; I stayed up past my bedtime on Tuesday feverishly reading as much as I could, then yesterday I was careful to make sure I started early enough so I could finish it and still get to bed at a decent hour.

I am experiencing so much Nostalgia. I love that this isn't very heavy; I certainly spilled a lot of angsty ink in my day of writing for FF VIII, but I like that this is such a sweet, light story about two people learning to trust one another. The angst is realistic without ruining my warm and fuzzies. I don't want to call this fic wholesome because there's, well, a LOT of sex and this is still a love story between two trained killers who have never felt truly loved, but it's been so lovely to sink into these past couple of days, and I'm upset that now I'll have to wait for updates. I should have rationed it.

The sexual tension is exquisite; the build-up to the actual sex is so well-paced that the anticipation is palpable. Congratulations for blue balling us all, and thanks for delivering the goods. I knew you (and Seifer) could do it. I love that clueless, astringent Seifer has to consult romance novels in order to properly woo a woman (and Xu's right; he could have chosen a much worse how-to guide than something created for women by women). It seems exactly like something a loudmouthed bully with a penchant for fairy tales would do.

I hope after this last cataclysmic year (and counting) you and your family are doing ok. Thank you for posting this; it feels a little like coming home.
7/2 c1 horsecrazy2
One of the early guest comments is actually mine; I've been quietly reading along and finally decided to come out of hiding.

I'm not yet caught up on this, and will write a more thorough review when I am, but I just wanted you to know that I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and when I saw the alert for this story in my inbox after so many years, it gave me a tremendous warmth to know that you were still out there writing for this fandom and this couple. I have a lot of good memories of the LJ group, and of you and your work in particular. Thank you for writing this.
6/30 c14 15Alonia Everclear
Ahhh yay! She loves him. Oh that made me swoon so much. They are just perfect for each other. I feel like Quistis’ concern and hesitation is so realistic. All those fears totally make sense to me for her. This stuff with the cadet is totally going to go all wrong; I'm just waiting for it. The anticipation is delicious and nerve wracking lol. As always your characterisation is on point, your Seifer is so hot. Its always an exciting moment when the notification of an update for this fic pops up in my inbox!
6/29 c14 7Dazzling Mage
This fic brings me joy. It's so well written, and everyone's feels in character - love it.

Great chapter, and I can't wait for the next one!
6/29 c14 10Coryal
Ahhhhh I am loving this. I’m so torn between hoping for hijinks and hoping for something super sweet when we the others find out
6/18 c13 12staceums